• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Am I the only one who thinks they should just stop with the UBs? Adhesive is adorable and I want it, but it's a UB... that's not very exciting in my opinion. It could have made such a cute poison mythical legendary pokemon. Wasted potential in my opinion.

Also such underwhelming typing for both other new UB's. Rock/Steel? and Fire/Ghost? Never seen those typings before..

To be fair, Ghost/Fire is still largely untapped, as it only applies to the Litwick line. As long as its stats and movepool help to differentiate it from Chandelure, then I'll be happy (but since Mind Blown is Special, I'm not counting on it.)

Rock/Steel though...Yeah, I just see Assembly being Bastiodon, but with usable offenses and, more than likely, a less impressive movepool.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
To be fair, Ghost/Fire is still largely untapped, as it only applies to the Litwick line. As long as its stats and movepool help to differentiate it from Chandelure, then I'll be happy (but since Mind Blown is Special, I'm not counting on it.)

Rock/Steel though...Yeah, I just see Assembly being Bastiodon, but with usable offenses and, more than likely, a less impressive movepool.

You forgot Alolan Marowak as well, but for UB's I have WAY higher standards since I don't like them too much still, so they should at least be weird typings to keep up with them being not like normal pokemon.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I personally think that Assembly should have been Ghost/Rock or Steel and Burst Fire/Electric. Nothing about Burst screams Ghost type. It's far too colorful compared to the other existing Ghost types and you can have explosions caused by electricity.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Adhesive is so cute, hopefully we get to see more UB's.
Wow, did anyone guess correct typings for Burst and Assembly? I thought of Burst: Fire and Assembly as Rock.

I thought Burst would be Fire/Fairy, which would be a new typing with some great coverage, and I thought Assembly would be Rock/Ghost, which would also be unique. But I was wrong both times.

knightwolf09

Anybody else remind of Jumba Jookiba's experiments experiments when looking at Adhesive?

shadowF

So I have heard people saying UB-Assembly is now terrible because of its typing. Can someone explain to me why? As well is there anything that can save it?

R_N

So I have heard people saying UB-Assembly is now terrible because of its typing. Can someone explain to me why? As well is there anything that can save it?

It's clearly designed to be a very defensive and very literal wall.
Rock/Steel isn't HIDEOUS like ice is, but it loses several resistenaces and amplifies the fighting & ground weaknesses (VERY common) and gains a water weakness due to being part rock.

No one uses Bastiodon, to put it another way. And not oincidental that Aggron's defensive mega went Pure steel. And the stat spread will likely be very similar to Bastiodon, just with 85 more stats to throw somewhere.

I think one saving grace it might get out of this is if it gets good HP. High defense, low HP is a common refrain which isn't helping anyone.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

It has x4 weaknesses to both Ground and Fighting, while also being weak to Water, with hinders it quite a bit. However, if it has reliable recovery, good offenses on top of massive defenses, and a strong movepool, it might find a niche somewhere in the competitive space.

scififan21

^Which has lots of weaknesses for both types a good Ground move could take it out easy depending on its defensive stats.

landipan

Out of all the UBs, I like Adhesive. It's cute. But I still would rather have new Alolan forms than UBs.

Orphalesion

Hmmm Adhesive looks a bit too much like a regular (non-UB) Pokemon to me (just like Pheromosa) I prefer the UBs that look really alien.

So Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon rally seems to be more than names, they really are the "Ultra Beast" games... makes sense.

ShadowForce720

Hmm, well now that we've got a 3rd new Ultra Beast revealed , I think there is a relatively good chance that there might be more, heck I wouldn't be surprised if there was at least one more new Ultra Beast. Hmm looking at it Corocoro certainly has a lot of options that it could cover, making it hard to say for sure what Corocoro will cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.