• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Welp, no Alola forms, no reason to buy the games, unless side stuff turns out to be really extensive.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I’m sorry, but how does this confirm no new Alolan Forms? I can’t read whatever language this is in (I assume French), so a translation backing up what you said would be most appreciated.

Especially since the same leak that predicted Rainbow Rocket (which is confirmed) said that the Oddish line will get Alolan Forms.

The Super Kid

The Underdog :(
I’m sorry, but how does this confirm no new Alolan Forms? I can’t read whatever language this is in (I assume French), so a translation backing up what you said would be most appreciated.

Especially since the same leak that predicted Rainbow Rocket (which is confirmed) said that the Oddish line will get Alolan Forms.

Basically (with the help of google translate and my pitiful GCSE French :D ) it's saying is that the developers thought "it's the same region" so it wouldn't make sense to add more Alola Forms (I guess cause it wouldn't make sense in their mind that Alola Forms suddenly appeared in the region... although they say it's an alternate universe *facepalm*)

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
https://www.melty.fr/pokemon-ultra-...revoir-la-pokemon-company-repond-a627153.html

Unfortunately this more or less confirms that there won't be any new Alolan forms in USUM. Shame.

Wow that's an incredible shame. Only getting one version now instead of both versions. Wah... do I even want the new game anymore? I really don't know if the post-game will be worth it to me if it's just catching UB's and Legendaries with some story added. I will have to wait and see for the whole post-game now.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Well that sucks, and puts my interest in USUM back to way below the purchase level.

*goes back to waiting for the next game*

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well that sucks, and puts my interest in USUM back to way below the purchase level.

*goes back to waiting for the next game*

I'm so tempted to call that one guy who asked to direct USUM a huge idiot, but I guess he made a whole game so he's not an idiot... just made a huge idiot move lol.

Orphalesion

I'm so tempted to call that one guy who asked to direct USUM a huge idiot, but I guess he made a whole game so he's not an idiot... just made a huge idiot move lol.

Well, if Sims 4 proves anything then it's that even an idiot (or a bunch of them) can create a game. Not sure if we should call him that though, it's just a very stupid decision.

Here's hoping for Sinnoh forms if we get remakes *crosses fingers*

Orphalesion

Really guys? you won't buy the game just because no alola forms? wow

I don't buy Third Versions, but new Alola Forms would have given me the incentive to do so, why is this so difficult to understand?

They are still going to buy the games in the end, don't worry :D Especially when they have completely new Pokémon.

No, dear, I won't. Please do not presume to predict the actions of others and I don't care about no Ultra Beasts.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Really guys? you won't buy the game just because no alola forms? wow

Definitely won't pre-order the game, and will wait until the post-game is revealed to buy it. I'm sure I'll end up getting it eventually, probably as a present for Xmas, but no rush as of yet. The UB's aren't that great to me, they all just seem like a bunch of pokemon made for the competitive scene that have non-terrestrial like designs making it harder to identify with them. I find them great for the online battles though where special pokemon are not allowed. Alolan Forms though... those get me going

Last edited:

Ambrose7

They are still going to buy the games in the end, don't worry :D Especially when they have completely new Pokémon.

Not to mention the game's storyline seems so be quite different. Also the post game looks like it could be interesting.

Also on a side note, lots of tweets suggest that the french site is sketchy and the interview might not have gone as what was written. Here's hoping its fake. :3

Aetius

If we won't get any new Alolan Form, it will be a shame indeed, but is it really a reason to not buy the games?
You're free to do whatever you want of course, just remember that you won't be supporting Gamefreak by doing this though..

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I'm already hyped enough to buy Ultra Sun regardless of new Alolan Forms. A story that looks almost entirely new, Mantine Surf, better trials, new Z-Moves, Move Tutors, and hopefully new or upgraded battle facilities. There's quite a lot there that I like, not to mention competitive battling will most likely move to USUM for compatibility with new UBs and Z-Moves.

If we won't get any new Alolan Form, it will be a shame indeed, but is it really a reason to not buy the games?
You're free to do whatever you want of course, just remember that you won't be supporting Gamefreak by doing this though..

We getting so much new stuff in this game but they won't buy because no alola forms.
i don't know if to laugh or cry, i guess both.

john90

The interview is real. People just complain about the title of the article not being clear because it's a question: "There will be new Alola Forms in US UM? GF answers..." and the answer is not. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.