• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
^Yep. Which means that they can get their own Z-crystal.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
It sounds like you gather them, then give them to oak, then he gives you a pokemon. Like you aren't turning YOUR gumshoos into a totem sized pokemon, you are given one?

That's certainly not what I gathered. Where did you get that from?

Tuoko

Bus

Some of the Totem Pokemon have been shuffled around; I wonder what else we'll be able to get. They'll probably have some 'surprise' one for if you get a ludicrous amount too; like a Totem-sized Squirtle so that youre Mega Blastoise looks Kaiju sized.

Last edited:

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Well there is a screenshot where Oak gives you Totem-sized Lurantis: https://serebii.net/ultrasunultramoon/212.jpg

Based on the information we've gotten, it seems the Totem-sized Pokemon cost a certain amount of stickers.

Hopefully there's not too many stickers laying about... it'd be nice if they don't do that "This sticker is only available at this spot during a certain time of day" BS like with Zygarde cells, because that just makes going back to remember what stickers you may have collected before looking at a guide much harder.

Ultra Beast Lover

Hopefully there's not too many stickers laying about... it'd be nice if they don't do that "This sticker is only available at this spot during a certain time of day" BS like with Zygarde cells, because that just makes going back to remember what stickers you may have collected before looking at a guide much harder.

Well the stickers aren't animals so they won't have them only appear at certain times of day

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Well, now you've got me imagining Samson Oak running around putting up or taking down stickers depending on the time of day.

Tuoko

Considering they're stickers, they can't exactly pull the same thing with them.

Luthor

If the totem forms are stronger than their regular counterparts it could really help some of the pokemon. Imagine Alolan Raticate with much better bulk for example.

R_N

The website only emphasizes their size so even though I'd like something cool and extra about them I think it really is just "they big"
Maybe they'll come with their hold items from their battles

Luthor

The website only emphasizes their size so even though I'd like something cool and extra about them I think it really is just "they big"
Maybe they'll come with their hold items from their battles

Yeah and you're probably correct on this and i'll still find them cool. But I am still hoping.

kemal07

Is it possible that they haven’t introduced any new Alolan forms in the trailers because there are maybe only one or two new Alolan lines ? To keep as a suprise until towards the games release or after ?

R_N

Is it possible that they haven’t introduced any new Alolan forms in the trailers because there are maybe only one or two new Alolan lines ? To keep as a suprise until towards the games release or after ?
People really want to play up "they want to leave them unrevealed as a surprise!" but that's not...really..how these things work. Like even if there were, say, 2 lines. It's still a good marketing point. There's no real reason to not reveal either of them. If there's only one that's STILL no reason not to reveal it and in fact more reason to show them.

This is expecting a "big surprise" from the people who literally just revealed a major post game plotline alongside all legendaries coming back. Who have already revealed 3 (of, let's say, maybe 5?) new pokemon. Who revealed every other new form, including obtainable totems.

Who have already revealed 3 (of, let's say, maybe 5?) new pokemon. Who revealed every other new form, including obtainable totems.
Still no reveal of the mysterious light Pokemon on the cover of US/UM though. And if they haven't revealed that, maybe there are more forms they are hiding.

Akashin

It's possible in the sense that next week's information has to have something in it (there's CoroCoro too, though I can't imagine it'll be anything but a reiteration of what we'll already know by then), but if they don't reveal something before launch I doubt there'll be any sudden surprises waiting for us come launch.

Ambyssin

Winter can't come soon enough
People really want to play up "they want to leave them unrevealed as a surprise!" but that's not...really..how these things work. Like even if there were, say, 2 lines. It's still a good marketing point. There's no real reason to not reveal either of them. If there's only one that's STILL no reason not to reveal it and in fact more reason to show them.

This is expecting a "big surprise" from the people who literally just revealed a major post game plotline alongside all legendaries coming back. Who have already revealed 3 (of, let's say, maybe 5?) new pokemon. Who revealed every other new form, including obtainable totems.

I agree with this. There's no way TPCi and/or Game Freak would sit on new Alolan forms when their marketing/merchandising potential is astronomical. Alolan Vulpix turned into the runaway merchandising champion of Gen VII. They surely would have told us about Alolan forms by now, especially with all the postgame stuff they just revealed.

R_N

Still no reveal of the mysterious light Pokemon on the cover of US/UM though. And if they haven't revealed that, maybe there are more forms they are hiding.

They haven't revealed it, but also, it's literally right there on the cover and most of the splash artwork and they've (possibly) teased it.
Contrast with alola forms, which have had no such thing.

If there's alola forms at all there is no way we don't find out about them next week. And if so, great! We can all enjoy them and move on to complaining about there not being enough &/or why they waited so long to show them (& also finally disregard that one interview as a bonus). But if not, well, there's a reason to always lean more to pessimism than optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.