• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokémon/Formes Discussion & Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
How do you feel about the UBs being able to be shiny - it makes sense in the canon too - the UBs which came to our world in SM were different to the ones found in their habitat in USUM, so we should be able to hunt them? If we are able to hunt for the other Legendaries I don't see why not

Tuoko

How do you feel about the UBs being able to be shiny - it makes sense in the canon too - the UBs which came to our world in SM were different to the ones found in their habitat in USUM, so we should be able to hunt them? If we are able to hunt for the other Legendaries I don't see why not

One thing that should be noted is they actually show the UBs themselves in USUM, at least for the original 7. The Legendaries are all shown as silhouettes. Considering that, I wouldn't expect the UBs to not be Shiny locked.

malcolm_n

Pokemon Collector
That is just lame.
Why don't Grass/Fire? We've never had a Grass/Fire.

The Pokemon itself sounds cool, but the typing is just lame. Pure Grass, like we don't have enough of those.
It could still turn out to be grass/fire, or maybe they keep it as grass because although it can illicit fire, the pokemon itself is not made of it. *shrug* we'll see, I suppose.

.Aerodactyl.

Have a look at this, guys! If you zoom in really close, you can make out the Ekans, Flabebe, and Clamperl lines, as well as Mawile!

If anything, the beginning of the Pokedex seems to be as follows:

#001: Rowlet
#002: Dartrix
#003: Decidueye
#004: Litten
#005: Torracat
#006: Incineroar
#007: Popplio
#008: Brionne
#009: Primarina
#010: Pikipek
#011: Trumbeak
#012: Toucannon
#013: Yungoos
#014: Gumshoos
#015: Alolan Rattata
#016: Alolan Raticate
#017: Caterpie
#018: Metapod
#019: Butterfree
#020: Ledyba
#021: Ledian
#022: Spinarak
#023: Ariados
#024: Buneary
#025: Lopunny
#026: Inkay
#027: Malamar
#028: Zorua
#029: Zoroark
#030: Furfrou

If this visual can be trusted, that is.

Borrowed this quote from the Pokedex discussion made by Kyuu-Tales. This image shows what appears to be the Usum regional dex in order, showcasing some new editions like the seel line (for a full list of every pokemon in the image go to the pokedex thread). What's interesting is each silhouette is coloured seemingly based on typing. And the zubat line, including crobat, are in the dark type colours, not poison or flying even. It's not even a questionable thing... like they are dark brown, right next to murkrow and honchkrow who have the same colouring, as well as alolan meowth and persian who have the same colouring. All the poison pokemon are purple (can be seen in pokemon like Arbok and Ttoxapex), and the flying are blue (Noticeable by Spearow, fearow, pikipek line, etc.). Could this mean an alolan zubat that is dark type?!?!

EDIT: I should add that it's possible its just coloured wrong in error. The Zubat line did appear in Sumo as it's original poison/flying typing, and the pokemon are all in the exact same position as their official artwork. Some Alolan forms official artwork do mimic the position of their original kanto forms, and these images are small and grainy enough that maybe we couldn't see any design changes if they were alolan, but on the whole they look pretty identical to the original. So I don't want to make people think its confirmed or anything, or jump the gun and get overly excited.

Last edited:
P

polkiman777

Still no reveal of the mysterious light Pokemon on the cover of US/UM though. And if they haven't revealed that, maybe there are more forms they are hiding.

Not sure if this has been put forward elsewhere, but couldn't that be Mega Hydreigon? If you look closely at it's 'eyes' you'll notice the right one isn't a naked eye, but a red-coloured panel. And it just so happens that a team villain with a red-coloured panel over one of his eyes is returning in these games. Just sayin'.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
Not sure if this has been put forward elsewhere, but couldn't that be Mega Hydreigon? If you look closely at it's 'eyes' you'll notice the right one isn't a naked eye, but a red-coloured panel. And it just so happens that a team villain with a red-coloured panel over one of his eyes is returning in these games. Just sayin'.

Outside of Pokemon RBGY, they have never and will probably never put a non-Legendary on the box cover.
Also, it's a Gen 5 Pokemon.

Thure

I think it's very unlikely they would put it on the cover of the games, even if they add Mega-Hydreigon.

P

polkiman777

Wulava said:
Outside of Pokemon RBGY, they have never and will probably never put a non-Legendary on the box cover.
Also, it's a Gen 5 Pokemon.

I think it's very unlikely they would put it on the cover of the games, even if they add Mega-Hydreigon.

You're both probably right, just a little speculation on my behalf.

Oddly enough, you could now have Red, Blue, and Yellow featuring the legendaries on the cover, being Moltres, Articuno and Zapdos respectively with Green being the special edition instead, featuring Shiny Mewtwo!

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
I don't know if what Ambrose7 and XXD17 are true or not, but I have to assume they are given the proximity to the games leaking. Could a moderator please delete or move those posts so that people in this thread will not be spoiled like I was? I assumed I would be safe reading posts that weren't in the spoiler thread. Thank you.

DJStarstryker

I don't know if what Ambrose7 and XXD17 are true or not, but I have to assume they are given the proximity to the games leaking. Could a moderator please delete or move those posts so that people in this thread will not be spoiled like I was? I assumed I would be safe reading posts that weren't in the spoiler thread. Thank you.

The moderators will surely try their best, but judging from last year, pre-Sun/Moon release, there were people putting posts in the non-spoilers thread once the game leaked. I definitely hit some pretty big story spoilers in some non-spoilers threads. If you don't want to hit spoilers, might be best to avoid all Pokemon related sites until the game comes out at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.