• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure there'll be a lot of old 'mons on the routes, and it's great to see a variety in each environment.

Although I did appreciate B/W's approach of only having new Pkmn. It just was hard to get older players interested.

Seeing the estimated PokeDex numbers, I could easily see anything between a 1:2(ish) or 1:1(ish) ratio of new:eek:ld, but I am thinking we're gonna get a lot of oldies because of how well some Pokemon fit Alola already.

Also, I wonder if Pokemon shown in trailers are going to be in the Pokedex, like they were in X/Y (with the exception of Genesect, which was movie related)? In that case, we're possibly confirmed to have the following Pokemon in the Dex:

Rowlet
Rowlet Evo
Rowlet Evo Evo
Litten
Litten Evo
Litten Evo Evo
Popplio
Popplio Evo
Popplio Evo Evo
Trailerbird
Trailerbird Evo (Regional birds have had at least one evo)
Trailerdoge
Lunaala
Magearna
Slowpoke (Seen in overworld)
Slowbro
Slowking
Furfrou (Seen in concepts)
Wobuffet (Seen in concepts)
Machop
Machoke
Machamp (Seen in concepts)
Pichu
Pikachu (Known to be encountarable due to the QR screenshots)
Raichu
Meowth (Seen in overworld, and despite possibly moving with us it's likely not going to be the only overworld Meowth due to being a unique model)
Persian
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar (Seen in battle)
Bagon
Shelgon
Salamence (Seen in battle)
Luvdisc (Seen in tank)
Corsola (Seen in tank with Luvdisc, as noted by Everlasting)
Rotom (In our Dex, may be in our region)

And these Pokemon are possibly in the dex:

Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise (Seen in concepts, but is another region's starter)
Snivy
Servine
Serperior (Seen in QR Artwork: which specifically mentions Pokemon in Alola, but is another region's starter)
Dunsparce (Seen in QR Artwork: Serperior may not be in, so Dunsparce may not be in)
Meditite
Medicham (Seen in QR Artwork: Serperior may not be in, so Medicham may not be in)

Last edited:

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
The Rotom Pokedex makes me wonder. Could they do other unconventional Pokemon ideas?

Like, what if they made another angler fish Pokemon, but instead of 50/50 gender ratio, you can only catch it as female, but the male can be the item.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Calling it now, the cat will become a Fire/Dark type, Fire/Poison or stay pure Fire

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think we might get a few new pokemon from E3 or corocoro. Maybe it be the bird and dog pokemon that was seen. I love to see a Dragon type pokemon being revealed.

Orphalesion

I think we might get a few new pokemon from E3 or corocoro. Maybe it be the bird and dog pokemon that was seen. I love to see a Dragon type pokemon being revealed.

I hope we will!

If I could make a wish, I'd like to see 5 unevolved pokemon being reveale, preferably ones that are encountered early in the game: the bird, the dog from the trailer, the rodent (if the dog doesn't take its place) and two others.
It'd be the perfect appetizer.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Seeing the estimated PokeDex numbers, I could easily see anything between a 1:2(ish) or 1:1(ish) ratio of new:eek:ld, but I am thinking we're gonna get a lot of oldies because of how well some Pokemon fit Alola already.

Also, I wonder if Pokemon shown in trailers are going to be in the Pokedex, like they were in X/Y (with the exception of Genesect, which was movie related)? In that case, we're possibly confirmed to have the following Pokemon in the Dex:

Rowlet
Rowlet Evo
Rowlet Evo Evo
Litten
Litten Evo
Litten Evo Evo
Popplio
Popplio Evo
Popplio Evo Evo
Trailerbird
Trailerbird Evo (Regional birds have had at least one evo)
Trailerdoge
Lunaala
Magearna
Slowpoke (Seen in overworld)
Furfrou (Seen in concepts)
Wobuffet (Seen in concepts)
Machop
Machoke
Machamp (Seen in concepts)
Slowking
Slowbro
Pichu
Pikachu (Known to be encountarable due to the QR screenshots)
Raichu
Meowth (Seen in overworld, and despite possibly moving with us it's likely not going to be the only overworld Meowth due to being a unique model)
Persian
Gastly
Haunter
Gengar (Seen in battle)
Bagon
Shelgon
Salamence (Seen in battle)
Luvdisc (Seen in tank)
Rotom (In our Dex, may be in our region)

And these Pokemon are possibly in the dex:

Squirtle
Wartortle
Blastoise (Seen in concepts, but is another region's starter)
Snivy
Servine
Serperior (Seen in QR Artwork: which specifically mentions Pokemon in Alola, but is another region's starter)
Dunsparce (Seen in QR Artwork: Serperior may not be in, so Dunsparce may not be in)
Meditite

So that's a possible 43 out of 240/300/whatever.
Medicham (Seen in QR Artwork: Serperior may not be in, so Medicham may not be in)

I would also like to add Corsola to this list, which you can see in the same tank as Luvdisc. It's a bit hidden, but it's there as well.

Cradily17

It might be too early, but I'd love to see what the potential fossil Pokémon would be like.

I would also like to add Corsola to this list, which you can see in the same tank as Luvdisc. It's a bit hidden, but it's there as well.

Huh, didn't notice that. Although I think it'd be a sin if they were to not include Corsola in Alola ^_^

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Seeming they revealed around 9 Pokémon during the X&Y E3 period (including CoroCoro etc.), and we already had a fair few beforehand, I would definitely expect at least one new mon being revealed, but that's just wishful thinking at the minute. I certainly expect SOMETHING will be revealed, or else surely they'd of just held off revealing Solgaleo and Lunala's info and everything else we got this week for then.

Let's see...

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
I wouldn't be surprised if they have at least one new Pokémon snuck in at E3. They're showcasing it at Treehouse's stream and it's possible that they'd give us a trailer like with ORAS, so they could give us some new information in that area (particularly if gameplay is of the first town since then we may be able to get a better view of trailerdog).

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Given E3's thing is just gonna be a demo (unless they show a trailer for some reason), I think that there'll only be three new Pokemon revealed, the Trailerbirb, normal rodent, and trailer dog, as we can assume they'll be encountered early on so the demo players will run into them.

Assuming CoroCoro does show new Pokemon, I'm guessing they'd show around four.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
A Normal/Ghost type pokemon with Filter as an ability. Cursed Body as it's hidden ability. Has strong special attack and speed. Decent attack and defense stat.

Ohitsdylan

What do you guys think the new pokemon design that everyone hates will be?

I'll wager a speed boost torchic that it'll be a jug of chocolate milk.

clbgolden12

So, anyone else expecting another pair of sense fairies? We've had the Spritzee line (smell), Swirlix (taste), and Sylveon (touch). Sound could be based on some sort of mythical creature that emits sounds (siren, perhaps?) and for sight maybe a mirror or "beautiful" creature.

What do you guys think the new pokemon design that everyone hates will be?

I'll wager a speed boost torchic that it'll be a jug of chocolate milk.
Only if it evolves into a chocolate ice cream cone.

Ohitsdylan

So, anyone else expecting another pair of sense fairies? We've had the Spritzee line (smell), Swirlix (taste), and Sylveon (touch). Sound could be based on some sort of mythical creature that emits sounds (siren, perhaps?) and for sight maybe a mirror or "beautiful" creature.

Only if it evolves into a chocolate ice cream cone.

You'll need a Vanilluxe and DNA splicers for that.

Aetius

I'm all in for lots of new fairies!
There are just so many concepts they could use IMHO.
An imp or ogre would be my dream! Make it a Dark/Fairy and I'm sold! :D

Viola

Meteor ready!
Given E3's thing is just gonna be a demo (unless they show a trailer for some reason), I think that there'll only be three new Pokemon revealed, the Trailerbirb, normal rodent, and trailer dog, as we can assume they'll be encountered early on so the demo players will run into them.

Assuming CoroCoro does show new Pokemon, I'm guessing they'd show around four.

You're misunderstanding the terms. What you're thinking of is a promotional game demo with limited features.

What they're doing is demoing the game, i.e. demonstrating the full version with Nintendo developers, it won't be playable for random people, and these looks are usually fairly extensive and won't necessarily just be the start of the game. I'd be surprised if they don't skip ahead to show new mega evolutions/game mechanics.

They do similar things with their games each year, here's Splatoon's Treehouse demo for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7uYx10QskA

clbgolden12

You're misunderstanding the terms. What you're thinking of is a promotional game demo with limited features.

What they're doing is demoing the game, i.e. demonstrating the full version with Nintendo developers, it won't be playable for random people, and these looks are usually fairly extensive and won't necessarily just be the start of the game. I'd be surprised if they don't skip ahead to show new mega evolutions/game mechanics.

They do similar things with their games each year, here's Splatoon's Treehouse demo for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7uYx10QskA
I know. When I said "demoers" I was referring to the guys at Treehouse/developers.

But I did forget how the Treehouse guys occasionally jump around when playing, so we could see more.

MasterofArcanine

Pokecollection Maste
I am really curious when they are going to official announce the two new pokemon that have been teased but not let: the Bird we saw in the original trailer and then that dog/Deer thing in the Coro Coro trailer last month. I am really itching to know what they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.