• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
What do you guys think the new pokemon design that everyone hates will be?

I'll wager a speed boost torchic that it'll be a jug of chocolate milk.

Some sort of Hawaiian based food.

I'm all in for lots of new fairies!
There are just so many concepts they could use IMHO.
An imp or ogre would be my dream! Make it a Dark/Fairy and I'm sold! :D

Less Fairies, more other types. We were swarmed with Fairies last time. They were a fourth of the few new Pokemon we got in X/Y. I would really love to see Steel, Dragon, Ice, Poison, Ghost, Psychic get more Pokemon added to their types. And some unique Fire/Water combos with other types

I do want a Fairy Dragon though so long as it isn't the only Dragon we get.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
Some sort of Hawaiian based food.

Well they have this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poi_(food)

Less Fairies, more other types. We were swarmed with Fairies last time. They were a fourth of the few new Pokemon we got in X/Y. I would really love to see Steel, Dragon, Ice, Poison, Ghost, Psychic get more Pokemon added to their types. And some unique Fire/Water combos with other types

To be fair Fairy types was a new type so it made sense that their would be a lot of them.

You're misunderstanding the terms. What you're thinking of is a promotional game demo with limited features.

What they're doing is demoing the game, i.e. demonstrating the full version with Nintendo developers, it won't be playable for random people, and these looks are usually fairly extensive and won't necessarily just be the start of the game. I'd be surprised if they don't skip ahead to show new mega evolutions/game mechanics.

They do similar things with their games each year, here's Splatoon's Treehouse demo for example:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7uYx10QskA

Just to add to this, the information that we get from the Treehouse stream, if any, will likely be indicative of whether or not they have plans to have an information blowout before the game's release, and "spoil" the game for us.

If I were a betting man, though, I'd bet that they're going to stick to being relatively quiet on the game, showcasing only main features and a handful of new Pokémon before release. At this point, they have every reason to keep quiet!

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

Aetius

Obviously not too many of them! LOL
I'm pretty sure that we will get Pokèmon of all types thanks to the diversified environment. :D

ShadowForce720

Well here is what I think the amount for the types in Pokemon Sun&Moon:

I think will get a large amount of pokemon from the following types: Bug, Posion, Grass, Fire, Water, Ground, Rock, Flying, Ghost, and Dark
I think will get a moderate amount of pokemon from these types: Normal, Electric, Fighting, Steel, Psychic, and Fairy
I think will get a small amount of pokemon from these types: Dragon and Ice

xmikeyxlikesitx

Pokémon Coordinator
I think that Alola will not have any Kalos Pokémon and will instead focus on Kanto-Sinnoh (probably: Kanto-Johto > Sinnoh > Hoenn) and have a good amount of Isshu (I refuse to call it that other name) Pokémon.

This is both based on real-world positioning, which would make Kalos exact opposite of Alola compared to everything we know (assuming it's still about the same relative area) and because we just had Kalos & Hoenn, so I think the other generations will be emphasized more, save for Sinnoh, since that one is in line for a remake.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think that Alola will not have any Kalos Pokémon and will instead focus on Kanto-Sinnoh (probably: Kanto-Johto > Sinnoh > Hoenn) and have a good amount of Isshu (I refuse to call it that other name) Pokémon.

This is both based on real-world positioning, which would make Kalos exact opposite of Alola compared to everything we know (assuming it's still about the same relative area) and because we just had Kalos & Hoenn, so I think the other generations will be emphasized more, save for Sinnoh, since that one is in line for a remake.

We had enough Kanto pokemon in XY. I would actually want Kalos pokemon to be in Alola. As for a new pokemon, a Ground/Fire Sphinx pokemon with Drought would be cool.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
have a good amount of Isshu (I refuse to call it that other name) Pokémon.

Just curious, what's wrong with the name Unova? Doesn't it seem a little silly to use a name from a different language?

Creyk

We had enough Kanto pokemon in XY. I would actually want Kalos pokemon to be in Alola. As for a new pokemon, a Ground/Fire Sphinx pokemon with Drought would be cool.

Gamefreak doesn't understand the words "Kanto" and "too much" in the same sentence, so I'm sure we will have various Kanto pokemon in there. We already know Pikachu is catchable early game with that QR thing, for one.

Akashin

Gamefreak doesn't understand the words "Kanto" and "too much" in the same sentence, so I'm sure we will have various Kanto pokemon in there. We already know Pikachu is catchable early game with that QR thing, for one.

And we know NPCs can have Meowth, so it stands to reason you can too. And it'd be weird for them to have statues of something as simple as a Horsea and not have it be available; that's not exactly the same as Kalos' statues of Zekrom and Reshiram.

Am I misunderstanding something about the QR Scanner, though? I thought based upon how it sounded that all it does is give you Seen data on the Pokemon so you know where it is in Alola to get one for yourself. It still means Pikachu is in the game of course, but I didn't think the QR Scanner outright gives it to you.

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
And we know NPCs can have Meowth, so it stands to reason you can too. And it'd be weird for them to have statues of something as simple as a Horsea and not have it be available; that's not exactly the same as Kalos' statues of Zekrom and Reshiram.

Am I misunderstanding something about the QR Scanner, though? I thought based upon how it sounded that all it does is give you Seen data on the Pokemon so you know where it is in Alola to get one for yourself. It still means Pikachu is in the game of course, but I didn't think the QR Scanner outright gives it to you.

I think he meant with the QR scanner as in it was shown with the QR scanner. I believe the QR scanner will work how you said.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Guys.

Guys.

What if we have... a Fairy-typed Malasada Pokémon?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Hau would they pull that off?
10/10 pun.

And a malasada Pokemon would be nice and make sense, GameFreak seems to like putting food based Pokemon in the games recently (not that that's a problem), the region is Hawaii based so it'd fit, and Hau.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Guys.

Guys.

What if we have... a Fairy-typed Malasada Pokémon?

Mmh. I doubt that would be the case. I mean, they didn't introduced a macaron Pokémon in Kalos. I doubt they would go as far as making a malasada Pokémon.

They seemed to have learned their lesson with Vanillite's evolution line. I don't think they are going to make Pokémon very heavily inspired by food like these Pokémon again. Swirlix and Slurpuff were based on cotton candy and cupcakes but it was a lot more subtle than Vanillite and such. If they are going to create a food-based Pokémon, I expect it to be gently mixed with creature-like features like Swirlix and Slurpuff.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Mmh. I doubt that would be the case. I mean, they didn't introduced a macaron Pokémon in Kalos. I doubt they would go as far as making a malasada Pokémon.

They seemed to have learned their lesson with Vanillite's evolution line. I don't think they are going to make Pokémon very heavily inspired by food like these Pokémon again. Swirlix and Slurpuff were based on cotton candy and cupcakes but it was a lot more subtle than Vanillite and such. If they are going to create a food-based Pokémon, I expect it to be gently mixed with creature-like features like Swirlix and Slurpuff.
Who's to say they can't mix a malasada with creature like features?

And in my opinion, nothing about Slurpuff was "subtle".

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Who's to say they can't mix a malasada with creature like features?

And in my opinion, nothing about Slurpuff was "subtle".

I never denied this option. :p I'm just hoping if they do make a malasada Pokémon, it is mixed with creature-like features.

By subtle, I meant that Slurpuff was not a slapped-on cupcake, like how Vanillite was nothing but an ice cream cone. Swirlix and Slurpuff had dog-like traits, whereas Vanillite and its evolutions were not mixed with something else. They were simply whatever food they were based on.

Status
Not open for further replies.