• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Do you all really want to go search Alola for 108+ Mega Stones?

I noticed in ORAS that I found a good number of them just through wandering around in the playthrough, no searching required. Also, you'd only need to search for 108+ for completionist's sake. Most people are really only gonna look for the few they need for their team ideas.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
@ AlchemistAzure

For OC in most of us as well as the inner completionist, hell yeah I want to scour for 108 Mega Stones! What to you have a hot date or something, where do you have to be? There's no need to get all of them if you don't want to and more Mega Evolutions means more options. It's the same issue as completing the Pokédex, its never a requirement.

goodpeople25

Yeah I would be perfectly fine with and would enjoy finding 108 megastones, (though I'm sure some will be handed to us on a sliver plater, likely more than previous games with that large a number, so the finding part would be less than that) as long as there aren't dumb restrictions.

As said more options are a good thing and while finding a place for that many megastones might be difficult for the designers, I have faith in their abilities. I thought ORAS was very well done and the few weird placements seem more like an issue with hoenn (too much water) than their creativity. And I would be fine if they grouped a few together (like the ralts line) and/or added more to the stone salesman (maybe the starters?)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
A new type would still be a good new feature for the games, regardless that the type chart is "balanced" (which is somewhat subjective).
Not necessarily, especially if other types suffered due to more development time being put toward making members of the new type. New type doesn't equal "good" simply because it is new. It would have to make sense and contribute to the game. Heck Fairy type has suffered backlash due to how poorly defined it is in regards to just what makes a pokemon a Fairy type.

The game would be better off in my view improving the types it has, like giving Ice a resistance aside from itself, etc.

<><><>

But back on topic, my priority want for the new games regarding new pokemon is still them filling in examples of various animal varieties that have not yet been made into pokemon. There is the ever hoped for dolphin of course, but many others as well.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I think we should have more new pokemon than new mega evolutions in my opinion. It was clear that the mega evolution in XY resulted in the lack of new pokemon introduced. Anyway, Ghost/Fighting with Cursed Body and Pressure as abilities. Iron Fist as hidden ability. It has strong attack and special attack stats.

Nin10nerd

Living in bliss!
I'd love to see more megas, personally, but I want to see Pokemon that really deserve them/ need them to become more viable competitively aka Delcatty/Milotic/Bellossom to name some I'm hopeful for.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I'd love to see more megas, personally, but I want to see Pokemon that really deserve them/ need them to become more viable competitively aka Delcatty/Milotic/Bellossom to name some I'm hopeful for.

Same here. Though I would like to see them give the other Pseudos a mega.(Hydreigon, Dragonite, Goodra)

On topic of new Pokemon, I'm really hoping that the Pokemon in this region feel and look exotic. Last region I feel they nailed it with the French feel to the new Pokemon they were all pretty stylish and their names even felt French inspired.(Flabebe, Aromatisse, and Furfrou to name a few)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I think we should have more new pokemon than new mega evolutions in my opinion. It was clear that the mega evolution in XY resulted in the lack of new pokemon introduced.
I'm pretty sure the real reason (at least the one stated) was how much time it took to make 3d models of all existing pokemon plus the new ones. Megas didn't factor into that because many of them use basically the same base model.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
I'm pretty sure the real reason (at least the one stated) was how much time it took to make 3d models of all existing pokemon plus the new ones. Megas didn't factor into that because many of them use basically the same base model.

I agree. Now that they have the base models for the previous gens, any new or updated animations they want to make will be much easier, leaving them plenty of time to include more pokemon than were introduced in Kalos.

ShadowForce720

I agree. Now that they have the base models for the previous gens, any new or updated animations they want to make will be much easier, leaving them plenty of time to include more pokemon than were introduced in Kalos.

So would you say that this break down would be a good amount:
Number of New Pokémon: 100
Number of New Mega Evolutions:15-20
Number of Synchro Evolutions(or whatever the new mechanic is called): 10-20
Number of New Primal Reversions(if it wind up expanding to other pokemon outside of Groudon and Kyogre):0-5

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
So would you say that this break down would be a good amount:
Number of New Pokémon: 100
Number of New Mega Evolutions:15-20
Number of Synchro Evolutions(or whatever the new mechanic is called): 10-20
Number of New Primal Reversions(if it wind up expanding to other pokemon outside of Groudon and Kyogre):0-5

Doesn't look bad, imo. I'm personally still not convinced there will be a new synchro mechanic, or whatever, and I'd like the primal reversions to stay with Groudon and Kyogre. It made sense in that story, but I don't think it needs to be pushed. Wouldn't be awful if they did, I just don't think it's necessary.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I'm hoping for an ice/fighting pokemon with water veil. The fighting type moves can cover the weakness to rock and steel, a good deal of fighting types can learn stone edge, and fighting type can be countered with something like bounce.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Doesn't look bad, imo. I'm personally still not convinced there will be a new synchro mechanic, or whatever, and I'd like the primal reversions to stay with Groudon and Kyogre. It made sense in that story, but I don't think it needs to be pushed. Wouldn't be awful if they did, I just don't think it's necessary.

I'd like a few more new pokemon and a few less forms. I understand that Mega Evolutions are the 'new thing', but I hope they don't decide to introduce so few new pokemon and too big a combination of megas and 'synchros' (if that's a thing).

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I liked what they did with mega Garchompite in ORAS and the Kanto starters in XY. I think more mega stones for pokemon on the more powerful side should be rewards you need to work towards. BP prizes, costing insane amounts of money ect..

supersarepi

I want a bug/dark cochroach pokemon and maybe a poison/ground type.

Nidoking and Nidoqueen would like to say hello. Unless you meant that you want to see another one? I'm all for that personally, and I'd love to see a bug/dark cockroach or mosquito (we really need more insects besides butterflies, spiders and moths).

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Nidoking and Nidoqueen would like to say hello. Unless you meant that you want to see another one? I'm all for that personally, and I'd love to see a bug/dark cockroach or mosquito (we really need more insects besides butterflies, spiders and moths).

Haven't we literally only seen Spinarak, Ariados, and Galvantula?

I'd be fine seeing another Spider Pokemon based on a Black Widow and being Bug/Dark type.

Spiders are really varied creatures, it'd be nice to see more! I'm actually really surprised that we haven't a particularly traditional tarantula. Galvantula is nice and all, but it's too cutesy-fied and is missing the BA black and orangencolour scheme one associates with tarantulas, and there's also the fact that it doesn't even have eight legs.

A Goliath Bird Eating Spider with an ability based around making Bug-Type moves super effective on Flying-Types (and maybe make Flying-Type moves neutral or NVE?) would be really sweet!

Also, what new Pokemon are you guys expecting from CoroCoro and/or the Treehouse stuff? I'm just expecting trailerbirb (from either source) and maybe regional rodent from the Treehouse stuff.

Spiders are really varied creatures, it'd be nice to see more! I'm actually really surprised that we haven't a particularly traditional tarantula. Galvantula is nice and all, but it's too cutesy-fied and is missing the BA black and orangencolour scheme one associates with tarantulas, and there's also the fact that it doesn't even have eight legs.

A Goliath Bird Eating Spider with an ability based around making Bug-Type moves super effective on Flying-Types (and maybe make Flying-Type moves neutral or NVE?) would be really sweet!

Also, what new Pokemon are you guys expecting from CoroCoro and/or the Treehouse stuff? I'm just expecting trailerbirb (from either source) and maybe regional rodent from the Treehouse stuff.

The spider I would want to see the most would be a peacock spider. I find them quirky and I dare say cute with how they raises their flap and dance around.
Other spiders I think would be cool are assassin spiders, the diving-bell spider, any sort of spiny orbweaver(like the crab-like spiny orbweaver or curved spiny spider) and trapdoor spiders, preferably from the Cyclocosmia genus.
Other arachnids I think would be cool are camel spiders, whip spiders and any kind of scorpion, I believe Drapion is actually a vinegaroon/whip scorpion(although I might be wrong on that and it's just a heavily stylized scorpion), who aren't actually scorpions.

As for what we will get through various sources this month I think we might be due to our first collection of relatively random pokémon. I'm talking about something like when Gogoat, Helioptile, Pancham and Fletchling first appeared during May that year, the bird might be among those. June generally tends to have a decent amount of new pokémon, June before XY had 9 new pokémon revealed between E3 and CoroCoro, and in June before BW CoroCoro had 7 new ones alone. That's just speculation though, and they might slow down due to the blowout earlier this month, even if I think that would be an odd move.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.