• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a link to some music group site. :/

Damn it. That's what I get for not checking I paste the link properly, should be fixed now. Wikipedia doesn't have a good picture anyway but they have some really cool patterns on their abandonment which I think would look well on a pokémon,besides from the whole trapdoor strategy being interesting.

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
Damn it. That's what I get for not checking I paste the link properly, should be fixed now. Wikipedia doesn't have a good picture anyway but they have some really cool patterns on their abandonment which I think would look well on a pokémon,besides from the whole trapdoor strategy being interesting.

Yeah, I always thought trapdoor spider looked cool. And had a great and unique capture strategy.

Galvantula1992

I would really like to see some cool Bug-types this gen, especially considering that last gen was basically devoid of any Bug-types. I want to see Bug combined with some new types that it hasn't been combined with before, especially Bug/Dark and Bug/Psychic.

Interestingly, the Bug-type was the only type that wasn't paired with a new type last gen.

PsychoKing47

If they did a trapdoor spider Pokemon, it could be, in certain places, a hidden Pokemon that jumps out and attacks you and that's the only way you can encounter it. I don't know how they'd actually do so, but I'm pretty sure it would be an interesting idea nevertheless.

Ludicoconut

Water&Grass Trainer
The spider I would want to see the most would be a peacock spider. I find them quirky and I dare say cute with how they raises their flap and dance around.
Other spiders I think would be cool are assassin spiders, the diving-bell spider, any sort of spiny orbweaver(like the crab-like spiny orbweaver or curved spiny spider) and trapdoor spiders, preferably from the Cyclocosmia genus.
Other arachnids I think would be cool are camel spiders, whip spiders and any kind of scorpion, I believe Drapion is actually a vinegaroon/whip scorpion(although I might be wrong on that and it's just a heavily stylized scorpion), who aren't actually scorpions.

As for what we will get through various sources this month I think we might be due to our first collection of relatively random pokémon. I'm talking about something like when Gogoat, Helioptile, Pancham and Fletchling first appeared during May that year, the bird might be among those. June generally tends to have a decent amount of new pokémon, June before XY had 9 new pokémon revealed between E3 and CoroCoro, and in June before BW CoroCoro had 7 new ones alone. That's just speculation though, and they might slow down due to the blowout earlier this month, even if I think that would be an odd move.

When i was a kid I had a compendium about spiders from all over the world and one of them was the diving bell spider. From then on the idea of a bug/water type pokemon resembling a spider has fascinated me, maybe one who carries a web made of cohesive water...

Psychic69

Do y'all realize that there's a spider that's basically a mascot of Hawaii in some respects, the Happy Face Spider? It's so recognizable as a Hawaiian thing that it's actually the picture used on the Hawaii Uhaul trucks:

MainGraphic

We're almost definitely going to get it, looks like it might just be a Bug/Poison type though.

Do y'all realize that there's a spider that's basically a mascot of Hawaii in some respects, the Happy Face Spider? It's so recognizable as a Hawaiian thing that it's actually the picture used on the Hawaii Uhaul trucks:

We're almost definitely going to get it, looks like it might just be a Bug/Poison type though.[/QUOTE]

I'm almost certain that's the exact spider Spinarak is supposed to be based on.

Psychic69

I'm almost certain that's the exact spider Spinarak is supposed to be based on.

That would be kinda sad, since Spinarak doesn't have the great big red smile, just a sad face. But I guess they could always just do it again, they've done that before on occasion. Like this is our third seal/sea lion, and our third lion.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
How about a flatworms? I remember in my biology class we were cutting at certain spots. These cuts would generate new heads like a hydra. I think I had it generate eight heads.

DreamShield

That would be kinda sad, since Spinarak doesn't have the great big red smile, just a sad face. But I guess they could always just do it again, they've done that before on occasion. Like this is our third seal/sea lion, and our third lion.

It's possible but not as likely, sea lions/seals is very broad, many species/features/behaviours, that's one specific species of spider. Less likely to have it used again but very possible still!

DreamShield

They are both so cute, I'm happy Iwanko is pure Rock not Normal/Rock and Nekkoala is a great name and i feel like it'll be kept. I wonder what Definite Sleep does, improves accuracy of sleep moves? Seems interesting! I wonder what it says about it spinning around its drum in the corner of the scan though.

I also love Iwanko's name, reminds me of the animal sound "wan wan" I think it's what they use for fox noises in Japan? It reminds me of that which makes it super cute.

KillerDraco

I have a mighty need for Nekkoala. I mean odds are I may not actually use it but I STILL NEED IT!

Iwanko is pretty cute too. But KOALA! Love it. A+ job on those.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
lol I already have a team of 3 with only the starters, box legends, and two new Pokemon revealed. x)

Nekkoala and Iwanko are so god damn adorable! Finally got the Koala Pokemon I wanted, so hopefully we can get a Dolphin and a Opossum Pokemon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.