• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gridiron

It's not Fletchling. It's a new Pokemon with unique model. Here are side by side screenshots of the Fletchling model use in X/Y/OR/AS and the new Pokemon in Autodesk Maya (the software used to model, texture, rig, and animate in 3D/CGI used in the industry).

Fletchling: http://i.imgur.com/Q0hlWca.jpg
Wireframe: http://i.imgur.com/rVoCKFs.jpg

Fletchling model is orange and white/grey and the new Pokemon is red and brown/grey for starters. The model themselves are clearly different. I can guarantee you Gamefreak will not create new models for 721+ Pokemon if they won't be on a new system (NX).

Last edited:

yunashadow

Isn't the thing in the center right of this shot a new Pokemon? serebii(dot)net/sunmoon8.jpg

Really, nobody is going to respond to this? Does nobody see what I am seeing there, it is like an eggshell or maybe a riceball pokemon or something... it has eyes and everything.

.Aerodactyl.

Ooo... I want the region bird to be based on a humming bird! How do we not have a humming bird yet? And make it pure flying!!!

I want to see new and unusual or uncommon type pairings. A normal porcupine Pokémon for this gen's "rodent" Pokémon that evolves to normal/poison.

A fairy/fire Minotaur for the psedo legendary. A scary tough looking fairy,and more pseudo-legends that aren't a dragon!

And can we just ret-con the incense thing already? We've already established alternate universes as cannon. Let Snorlax breed munchlax finally.

witchboi

Really, nobody is going to respond to this? Does nobody see what I am seeing there, it is like an eggshell or maybe a riceball pokemon or something... it has eyes and everything.
I think it's more likely a close of detail of the pokemon center counter that is in the picture next to it. It has the same color scheme.

Bariokie

rock dog
Hoping for a dragon type eeveelution a lot.

Chomper4

Here's some things I'd like to see for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, new Pokémon wise:

Dragon Eeveelution
Poison Eeveelution
Car based
Zombie based
Farfetch'd evolution
Delibird evolution
Clock based
Triceratops based
Stegosaurus based
Battery based
Llama based
Armadillo based
Gopher based
Quokka based
Capybara based
Kangaroo based
Anaconda based
Apple based
Moose based
Wolf based
Sableye pre evolution
Mawile pre evolution
Alien broccoli based

Those are just some, not all, of my ideas.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Here's the list of concept art Pokémon:

-Furfrou
-Blastoise
-Machamp
-Wingull
-Wobbuffet

Part of the hotel decoration:
-Horsea
-Staryu
-Spheal
-Chinchou
-??(Vanillite?)
-??(Snubbull)

Part of the food locale logo:
-Slaking

So at the very least, this new region won't be comprised solely of its native Pokémon. We know that much about its regional Pokédex.

The new bird strikes me as possibly a Woodpecker based on the colors and beak

I agree. Its feet also appear to be zygodacty, just like woodpeckers.

Last edited:

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

.Aerodactyl.

Here's some things I'd like to see for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, new Pokémon wise:

Dragon Eeveelution
Poison Eeveelution
Car based
Zombie based
Farfetch'd evolution
Delibird evolution
Clock based
Triceratops based
Stegosaurus based
Battery based
Llama based
Armadillo based
Gopher based
Quokka based
Capybara based
Kangaroo based
Anaconda based
Apple based
Moose based
Wolf based
Sableye pre evolution
Mawile pre evolution
Alien broccoli based

Those are just some, not all, of my ideas.

Oh, I definitely want a poison Eevelution. I can imagine this posh purple poodle thing XD.

I'd love less fish-pokemon. Don't really need another basic fish. Love to see a dolphin or whale Pokémon though, or another octopus. Maybe even a mermaid pokemon! Definitely could use a poison legendary too.

GalaxianEX

I'm expecting Moon's legendary to be based on a rabbit.

Epic_Mewtwo

Who's that Pokemon? - Mysterious Pokemon in Pokemon Direct

Hello.
Unless you've been living under a rock, you should know about Pokemon Sun and Moon. And, if you watched Pokemon Direct carefully, you should see this:

sunmoon5.jpg

And this:

sunmoon6.jpg

I have created this thread to take a look at this Pokemon and try and confirm what it is. Is it new? Let's take a look.

Clue 1: They are the same Pokemon

If you look at the two Pokemon carefully, you can see that their feet are exactly the same: two toes at the front, two at the back.

Now let's try and work out if it's a Pokemon we know.

Clue 2: It has one pair of wings

Upon searching, a total of 64 Pokemon have on pair of wings. Here's the list:

Pidgey, Pidgeotto, Pidgeot, Spearow, Fearow, Zubat, Golbat, Farfetch'd, Aerodactyl, Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Hoothoot, Noctowl, Ledyba, Ledian, Natu, Xatu, Murkrow, Gligar, Delibird, Mantine, Skarmory, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Taillow, Swellow, Wingull, Pelipper, Flygon, Swablu, Altaria, Latias, Latios, Starly, Staravia, Staraptor. Honchrow, Chatot, Mantyke, Togekiss, Gliscor, Pidove, Tranquill, Unfezant, Woobat, Swoobat, Sigilyph, Archen, Archeops, Ducklett, Swanna, Rufflet, Braviary, Vullaby, Mandibuzz, Tornadus (Therian), Reshiram, Fletchling, Fletchinder, Talonflame, Noibat, Noivern, and Yveltal.

Clue 3: The wing shape

Looking at the wing shape, we can rule out a lot of these Pokemon. Even though some of them seem to have 3 main feathers like this mystery one, with their wings outstretched, only 2 Pokemon fit this criteria.

Farfetch'd and Vullaby

Why it isn't Farfetch'd or Vullaby

First things first: Farfetch'd:

Farfetch is always holding its 'leek'. The top of its head also has some distinctive feathers sticking up which this Pokemon doesn't have. Also it's completly the wrong colour. It does not have the 'spikes' you can see in the first image and has no traces of red on it.

Vullaby is probably the closest contender to the mystery Pokemon. It's a similar colour, and its wings are almost the same. But, apart from that, they have no similarities. This Pokemon clearly does not have Vullaby's distinctive egg nappy. Its head also does not seem to be bald like Vullaby's and the toes are not right.

So that means that there will be new Pokemon in this game, which is great, and I can't wait to see what Game Freak has come up with. So, let's just wait and see what they tell us and maybe we'll find out who that Pokemon is.

Also, feel free to share any ideas on this Pokemon. I personally think that this is a Dark/Flying type, judging on its design, which would be really nice to see. Now we just wait until the end of the year...

Phillies

I would like a wolf pokemon that changes into a werewolf at night and then changes back during the day. Might as well make use of the Sun and Moon since that is the title for the games.

I would also like to see pokemon based off of an Okapi, Dolphin, Hammerhead Shark, more Dinosaurs and a komodo dragon.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
Ideas from others I have seen:

Wolf? Yes, please. I have been wanting wolf Pokémon for a long time now. I can see at least one wolf legendary, with the Sun/Moon ideas. Not sure how it/they would work exactly.
Dolphin? Sure, I like this idea. It would be a nice change of pace for water (and/or maybe other) types.
Komodo Dragon? Specific, and a very good idea. I like them, so I feel they would make a nice Pokémon.
Woodpecker? I like this idea as well. Yes, grass/flying fits for me also.
Snake? Sure, I will take another snake Pokémon, especially if it has a more unique type combination (part poison with a new combination perhaps?)

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I like to see more than 3 legendary pokemon this time. At least one of them a dragon type. One legendary could be based on the sun and the other moon.

GalaxianEX

I want my pegasus-theme Pokemon! Either a brand new Pokemon or Mega Rapidash, I don't care! It just needs to happen.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I like to see more than 3 legendary pokemon this time. At least one of them a dragon type. One legendary could be based on the sun and the other moon.

Yeah, I think that a sun legendary and a moon legendary are pretty much inevitable in these games. I'm kind of tired of the Dragon-type legendaries, though. I'd like some new Fairy-type legendaries. That would be nice and new.

Status
Not open for further replies.