• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nuzlocker4Life

It is more likely bear + red panda. It is really big (over 2 meters) and heavy, its body is clearly bear and its name too. The head and the backside is a red panda. Why people can't just get that pokémon don't have to be based on a single thing?

Hey, I will nerd out on y'all when it comes to zoology. xD
I'm not denying it is most likely a fusion of sorts, as most Pokemon are. However, I feel inclined to discuss my own interpretations as everyone else. Just that I tend to analyze details most people don't pick up on.

Red and Blue

So is it safe to assume that the ghost Pikachu will be haunting the graveyard area shown in the map?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So is it safe to assume that the ghost Pikachu will be haunting the graveyard area shown in the map?
Possibly.

Hopefully we get another Ghost Pokemon that possibly evolves, as Pikaboo ( :p ) doesn't look like it'll evolve.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Possibly.

Hopefully we get another Ghost Pokemon that possibly evolves, as Pikaboo ( :p ) doesn't look like it'll evolve.

I dunno, I can see it evolving myself. Maybe the cloth starts to tear with the increase and you can begin to see what kind of beast is hiding underneath it?

LoveMcQueen5683

I was like wtf at first but I really like them.

I might put the bear on my team instead of yungoos.

I wonder if the ghost cloth Pokemon will have more than one kind of cloth.

Red and Blue

I find it strange that a dead Pikachu is Fairy/Ghost instead of Electric/Ghost. But I suppose we already have enough Electric types already

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Bear looks terrible from what we can see.. and the Ghost.. is just a bad drawing of Pikachu? What...

Of course will wait for official artwork to judge the designs :D

Creyk

I find it strange that a dead Pikachu is Fairy/Ghost instead of Electric/Ghost. But I suppose we already have enough Electric types already

They seem to be tacking the fairy type onto everything these days
And I love it. It does good for the dragons and gives more viability to the underrated poison type
Plus fairies are so fascinating. I wish we got an ice/fairy too, and cutiefly should evolve too...so probably 2 more fairy types there

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
Wow so is this a trend happening here? Reveal 2 new Pokemon in CoroCoro and then reveal more info at the beginning of the following month?

These designs are...interesting, to say the least.

Akashin

As far as we know, there's nothing electrical about it. It's thrown a sheet over itself to disguise itself as a Pikachu, but that's it.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I found the designs weird, but love the personalities assigned to them. Especially, how there are warnings signs for the bear and raising one is actually putting your life in danger. I'm fine with the ghost, as its ability and design make sense.

If I'm not mistaken, the leaked information stated that one of the abilties copy the opponent party Pokémon's ability, which I find Disguise fitting that definition.

XXD17

Draco rex
I found the designs weird, but love the personalities assigned to them. Especially, how there are warnings signs for the bear and raising one is actually putting your life in danger. I'm fine with the ghost, as its ability and design make sense.

If I'm not mistaken, the leaked information stated that one of the abilties copy the opponent party Pokémon's ability, which I find Disguise fitting that definition.

For that copying ability though, the 'mon is supposed to be a capybara...this is a dirty rag...unless we get some surprised news later this week, I think it's safe to say that the European leak is fake for sure.

Akashin

Trace already fits that definition, though I suppose they could theoretically make a differently named duplicate of Trace. Disguise sounds like it would work by name, but it doesn't sound like it would fit Mimikkyu.

Just saying guys...if it is a red panda...it could theoratically be an evolution to Spinda, which is also a red panda iirc. That would be amazing and explain why it is normal instead of for example fairy. And it would finally be a new evolution for an older pokemon which we haven't had for 2 gens (ignoring sylveon). I know it doesn't look an awful lot like Spinda, but there have been some evolutions that don't look like their previous forms (like magikarp-gyarados and Feebas-Milotic) but who knows. I personally really want to see new evolutions.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Just saying guys...if it is a red panda...it could theoratically be an evolution to Spinda, which is also a red panda iirc. That would be amazing and explain why it is normal instead of for example fairy. And it would finally be a new evolution for an older pokemon which we haven't had for 2 gens (ignoring sylveon). I know it doesn't look an awful lot like Spinda, but there have been some evolutions that don't look like their previous forms (like magikarp-gyarados and Feebas-Milotic) but who knows. I personally really want to see new evolutions.

No...I dont see it at all.

Aetius

I love their typings, considering that so far Normal/Fighting has been used only on a legendary and a megaevo respectively, while the Ghost/Fairy combination is completely new and unique.
However, I have yet to warm up to their designs....
The abilities sound interesting though; well, their name are at least. XD

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.