• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

Everlasting

Everything stays.
I'll say, my very first reaction when I saw those two was an amused giggle. These Pokémon are so appealing and original, I love it!

Kiteruguma looks cute. I'm not entirely fond of the intense color scheme (I think the transition between the soft pink and dark is quite drastic) but then again, I think I recall some bears/pandas/red pandas having drastic changes in colors on their bodies as well, so at least it remains realistic. It's so funny how Kiteruguma seems to have incredible strength yet remains so emotionless when it utterly destroys objects. I really like how it's very caring and loves giving hugs to its trainer. Sweet. :3

Mimikkyu's concept is simply awesome. I like its typing, its ability sounds interesting and it looks very cute. What I don't particularily like, however, is how the cloth is based on a Pikachu. I would've preferred if the cloth had a design unique to Mimikkyu. It just seems as though Pikachu is rubbing off this Pokémon's originality, which is a shame (and even then, why Pikachu specifically ?). I am hoping Mimikkyu have multiple designs like Furfrou and has one that is moreso unique to it. I really like this Pokémon and I am VERY curious about its battle abilities, its potential cloth designs and story.

Great reveal. Can't wait for the localized translated information (hopefully it won't take as long as Komala and Rockruff did). Mimikkyu has a lot to be talked about!

Last edited:

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Everyone, the main page was updated with a bit more information on Mimikkyu! It says that its cloth is based on a popular Pikachu merchandise that was sold 20 years ago (that is VERY interesting) and that it wants to be loved by people like Pikachu is.

That's it. This misunderstood cutie is in the team.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

Everyone, the main page was updated with a bit more information on Mimikkyu! It says that its cloth is based on an old popular Pikachu merchandise that was sold 20 years ago (that is VERY interesting) and that it wans to be loved by people like Pikachu is.

Mimikkyu > Pikachu as far as I'm concerned. Don't like the yellow abomination. Now I jsut wanna hug Mimikkyu even more.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Everyone, the main page was updated with a bit more information on Mimikkyu! It says that its cloth is based on a popular Pikachu merchandise that was sold 20 years ago (that is VERY interesting) and that it wans to be loved by people like Pikachu is.

I actually find the "wants to be loved more than Pikachu" quite hilarious.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Mimikkyu > Pikachu as far as I'm concerned. Don't like the yellow abomination. Now I jsut wanna hug Mimikkyu even more.

aweh yeah! so cute how these two came out. One that gives you deadly hugs when you don't want it, and then one that wants you to give it a big hug but it's super shy. how perfect!

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Okay, here are my opinions on all the new Pokémon so far (not the starters, I already posted my opinions on them)...
Rockruff: It's cute. Interesting type, never would have expected a rock dog.
Komala: This one is also cute. I like its theme. Hehe always sleeping~
Pikipek: Hmm, it's nice looking. Cute, love the eyes. Maybe it'll be my Flier.
Yungoos: It is interesting, its blurb states it's not originally from the Alola region. The smile is creepy, though.
Grubbin: Eh, looks decent.
Charjabug: It has a cool theme. Good for a cocoon stage bug.
Vikavolt: ...Whoa, an electric bug! Nice!
Drampa: Dragon/Normal type!? Cool combo, I like the design too. Might add it to my team at some point.
Bruxish: Wow, it's colorful~ Weird looking, but I get it. I think it has some potential.
Cutiefly: The name does it justice~ It's so cute~~ I might actually have it on my team, which is saying something because I don't usually like bugs. Typing is unique~
Togedemaru: Hmm, so this is the region's Pika-clone? Cute. I like the design and typing.
Salandit: Ohhhh! A Fire/Poison!? Finally! Will definitely catch one~ Great design, I hope it evolves.
Kiteruguma (no English name yet): Interesting. Seems to based on a bear and a Red Panda (which isn't actually a bear). I had no idea Red Pandas existed until now, had to look them up.
Mimikkyu (no English name yet): I like the idea of it. Ghost/Fairy typing is interesting. Wonder if it will have more disguises besides Pikachu?
Tapu Koko: Electric/Fairy typing is cool, I love the design. Wild and proud looking. And it has two words in its name O_O Haven't had that since Mime Jr.
Solgaleo: Strong looking. I like the connection to Alchemy, reminds me of Fullmetal Alchemist~
Lunala: I like it more than Solgaleo. The design blew me away, so majestic and ethereal~ Four times weakness to Ghost is worrisome, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

Andyomon00

Seer of Doom
I think that both of the new pokemon are really cool. Kiteruguma is a weird one for me because I don't like or dislike it. It's color scheme is really cool, I like the use of Pink for it's backside and face and black for it's front. As for Mimikkyu, It's probably the first ghost type that creeps me out and that makes me like it. Not only that it's description how it just wants to be loved makes me want him on my team.

Andraste

I love Mimikkyu and its terrible Pikachu cosplay so much. It took me a few seconds to go from 'WTF?!' to 'OMG!' but I think it's going on my first team. (So far: Rowlett, Rockruff, Sandalit and Mimikkyu. Assuming I like all their evolutions.)

Am I right in thinking that it won't be weak to Poison OR Dark because of its typing? And it's immune to Bug altogether? That's pretty neat!

Nuzlocker4Life

I'll love you forever then, Mimikkyu!! Don't care much for Pikachu either, but you! You are adorable. I hope I can find one of these little cuties as a first encounter in the game. x3

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
Everyone, the main page was updated with a bit more information on Mimikkyu! It says that its cloth is based on a popular Pikachu merchandise that was sold 20 years ago (that is VERY interesting) and that it wans to be loved by people like Pikachu is.

not gonna lie I saw that update and I kinda fell in love with it despite its ugly design. that's such a direct reference to the 20 year anniversary of Pokemon. anyway I hate that the alola Pokemon so far are really ugly because they've all been super unique and have awesome typings and cool new abilities so I wish there were some cool designs thrown in too.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I love Mimikkyu and its terrible Pikachu cosplay so much. It took me a few seconds to go from 'WTF?!' to 'OMG!' but I think it's going on my first team. (So far: Rowlett, Rockruff, Sandalit and Mimikkyu. Assuming I like all their evolutions.)

Am I right in thinking that it won't be weak to Poison OR Dark because of its typing? And it's immune to Bug altogether? That's pretty neat!

wait your question about typing confuses me.

Wouldn't poison be super effective still? Dark typing would be neutral. I think it wouldn't be very effective to bug but id have to double check that for sure.

Nuzlocker4Life

x2 Steel, x2 Ghost weaknesses.
Neutral damage from Poison and Dark type attacks.
Quad-resistance to Bug.

Andraste

Quad-resistance to Bug.

Excellent. Fingers crossed it has the stats and move pool to take advantage of good defensive typing.

(I mean, not that I care during the game, but I'd like to take my terrible Pikachu cosplayer to whatever post-game battle facility we have, too.)

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Quad-resistance to Bug.

wow just learned about bugs weakness towards fairy and ghost, which I think is incredibly stupid.
Why would bug type be not very effective to ghosts and fairies? That's ridiculous!
Anyways this makes me realize how shittier bug type pokemon are (never used them much) and how ghost pokemon have stupid typing matchups.

So Mimmikyu uses sheets based off of Pikachu merch from 20 years ago because it wants to be loved? Three things I'm getting from this:

1) Nice 20 years reference.
2) I'm betting if Mimikyuu evolves, it'll be via affection or happiness.
3) THAT's ACTUALLY REALLY SAD ITS OKAY LIL BUDDY ILL LOVE YOU ;-;

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So, what if Mimikkyu actually does evolve, and changes into a bad Raichu costume instead?

And possibly evolves from a Pichu costume?

Status
Not open for further replies.