• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to guess that that one image is the new gens regional bird.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
When it comes to new Pokémon with new type combinations, these are my hopes:

Ghost/Fairy
Dark/Fairy
Bug/Dragon
Grass/Fire
Water/Fairy
Poison/Fire
Electric/Psychic
Fairy/Fire

bolter1

Swampert Trainer
When it comes to new Pokémon with new type combinations, these are my hopes:

Ghost/Fairy
Dark/Fairy
Bug/Dragon
Grass/Fire
Water/Fairy
Poison/Fire
Electric/Psychic
Fairy/Fire

(Azu)Marill are Water/Fairy, but the rest of them would be cool. I really want Bug/Dragon (Mega Yanmega?) and Fairy/Dark.

Mega Gardevoir

The Grand Duchess
I am really excited for these games!

It may be not an original type combo, but I am hoping to see either a Fire/Ghost or Water/Ghost starter
And/or maybe a Fire/Ice or Water/Ice starter

I am wishful thinking that the Moon Legendary will be part Fairy, which I am okay with

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
Yeah, I think that a sun legendary and a moon legendary are pretty much inevitable in these games. I'm kind of tired of the Dragon-type legendaries, though. I'd like some new Fairy-type legendaries. That would be nice and new.

We could do with another Fairy legendary because Fairy types need more strong pokemon. I still want Dragon legendary because I am a fan of the type.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I wouldn't mind the regional bird being a woodpecker. We've already had two pigeons, an owl, a swallow, a starling, and a robin.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
(Azu)Marill are Water/Fairy, but the rest of them would be cool. I really want Bug/Dragon (Mega Yanmega?) and Fairy/Dark.

How can I forget Azumarill? :'D Thanks!

Yes, Mega Yanmega. How cool would that be? Honestly, I really hope a lot of underrated Pokémon will be getting a boost.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'm really hoping we'll finally get another penguin Pokemon. I love penguins, but I'm not fond of Empoleon's design.
A dolphin Pokemon would be awesome, and long overdue, as well.

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
After gen 6 dabbled with norse myths, I wouldnt mind if gen 7 did some stuff did greek myths.

Or perhaps Egyptian? I assume these games also have something to do with astronomy, light/dark or day/night.

Last edited:

Grey Wind

After gen 6 dabbled with norse myths, I wouldnt mind if gen 7 did some stuff did greek myths.

I was obsessed with Greek mythology when I was a kid, I'd love if they did this. A Mount Olympus area, Zeus/Hades/Poseidon based Pokemon (or league members?), a couple of monster/animal inspired Pokemon (Medusa! Pegasus!)... it'd be awesome.

I've been bringing it up since someone mentioned it during XY's pre-release, but a Ghost/Normal Schrodinger's Cat Pokemon would be really, really cool. I'd also love a Ghost/Fairy based on the Púca.

Galvantula1992

I REALLY want to see something like this:
Gnome - Ground/Fairy - Gnomud-Soilnome
Goblin - Dark/Fairy - Stelf-Roblin-Mobgoblin
Gorilla - Fighting/Ground - Gororilla-Jungorilla
Dolphin - Water/Flying - Endolphin
Banshee - Fairy/Ghost - Banshriek
Cheetah - Electric - Cubolt-Sonistrike
Porcupine - Grass/Fire - Scorchupine
Stegosaurus - Grass/Rock - Herbisaur-Stegoraurus
Yak - Fire/Ice - Yakano

I think that somewhere in the new region there should be a jungle, as we haven't had one before. In there the gorilla Pokémon should be caught in the jungle and Jungorilla would have Bananarang (a banana boomerang) like Marowak's Bonemarang and the Stegosaurus fossil, called the Plate Fossil. The Cheetah Pokemon would be the early-game Electric type Pokémon of the region. Some of these names were created by other people but some were created by me. Pictures are available for all Pokémon, except Herbisaur, again half by other people, half by me. I'm not allowed to post them here because of regulations.

We definitely need some more varied fairies after last gen, almost all of them were cute pinkies.

Soleli

If we got a Peacock Pokemon what type do you think it will be - i suspect Psychic/Flying,Grass/Psychic.

phanpycross

God-king
Or perhaps Egyptian? I assume these games also have something to do with astronomy, light/dark or day/night.
Oh yeah, that would actually be insanely cool.

I mean, Ra, Anubis, Sobek, those names already sound like pokemon.

I was obsessed with Greek mythology when I was a kid, I'd love if they did this. A Mount Olympus area, Zeus/Hades/Poseidon based Pokemon (or league members?), a couple of monster/animal inspired Pokemon (Medusa! Pegasus!)... it'd be awesome.

I've been bringing it up since someone mentioned it during XY's pre-release, but a Ghost/Normal Schrodinger's Cat Pokemon would be really, really cool. I'd also love a Ghost/Fairy based on the Púca.
Exactly, legendaries based on the many mythical creatures(oh god the chimera or the kraken), and the E4 based on the pantheon(which are four, but just add herc/hera/Poseidon/hades), finishing up with a zeus themed electric master.

Oh god.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
This doesn't really have to do with new Pokemon this gen, but still something regarding a past Pokemon for this gen. When watching the trailer, I noticed this:

image.jpg

Is Pikachu getting a new design!?

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Oh yeah, that would actually be insanely cool.

I mean, Ra, Anubis, Sobek, those names already sound like pokemon.

Exactly, legendaries based on the many mythical creatures(oh god the chimera or the kraken), and the E4 based on the pantheon(which are four, but just add herc/hera/Poseidon/hades), finishing up with a zeus themed electric master.

Oh god.

Makes me want to play Age of Mythology again and have a good look through all mythical creatures. Like the Manticore, Scylla, Minotaur, Medusa, Pegasus, Colossus.

Tiptop

Saved by Hamboning
Looking at the symbols for the games, my guess is that these are the eyes of the two main legends. The moon looks a bit like a cute eye and the sun is sort of a gleaming circle, kinda crosshair-esq. As for my hopes on new Pokémon, these are some type combos I'm jonesing for:
Grass/Elec - would make for a cool starter
Fire/Poison - IMO this would suit Mega Weezing very well
Ice/Fighting - like Beartic shoulda been
Elec/Fighting
Dark/Elec - Mega for Luxray pls
Water/Bug - Alt evo for Surskit or just a flatout new mon
Ghost type Eeveelution where Eevee has to faint to evolve(just a thought)

For fossils:
Rock/Poison - ancient virus gets revived from the fossil
Rock/Ghost - something goes wrong in revival

Last edited:

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
This doesn't really have to do with new Pokemon this gen, but still something regarding a past Pokemon for this gen. When watching the trailer, I noticed this:

View attachment 15287

Is Pikachu getting a new design!?

Seems a lot like the art used in the Pokemon Center stores.

pokemon-center-pikachu-orange-610x255.jpg

The sketches could be for promotional pictures mayhaps?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.