• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pelippal

Do we have any idea about Oricorio's type distribution between islands? Personally, I see the Sensu Oricorio will be found in the south-eastern island; the one that includes Tin Tower alike building.

My guess would be Pom-Pom on the starting island, Baile in the northeast, Sensu in the southeast, and Pa'u in the southwest, though I am only super confident in the first guess.

Kopis

Unaccompanied Minior
Do we have any idea about Oricorio's type distribution between islands? Personally, I see the Sensu Oricorio will be found in the south-eastern island; the one that includes Tin Tower alike building.

Apart from each of them being on different islands, no clue. I'd imagine that once we see more about each island, there will be a theme that relates to each form.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
My guess would be Pom-Pom on the starting island, Baile in the northeast, Sensu in the southeast, and Pa'u in the southwest, though I am only super confident in the first guess.

That is a great predicition, though. Cutiefly is found at the background that Pom-Pom style is found, and at Level 11, so Mele-Mele sounds like a good option. Baile obviously for Volcano reference in Akala. Sensu, as I've mentioned, in south-eastern for Tin Tower reference and Pa'u at Solgaleo/Lunala island by sharing their common type; Psychic.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I can't remember their names, so I'll address them by color:

Yellow one, Melemele (don't have to explain this one, do I?)
Pink one, Akala/northeast island (you can see the volcano in the background when in the trailer)
Red one, southeast island (the background with the bridge and red flowers matches with a spot on the map of it)
Purple one, southwest/legend island (process of elemination)

Thepowaofhax

That is a great predicition, though. Cutiefly is found at the background that Pom-Pom style is found, and at Level 11, so Mele-Mele sounds like a good option. Baile obviously for Volcano reference in Akala. Sensu, as I've mentioned, in south-eastern for Tin Tower reference and Pa'u at Solgaleo/Lunala island by sharing their common type; Psychic.
Actually, it seems like they might be in other areas for the rest. There is a dock/walkway area with red flowers on the island with the mountain in the forest, where the Baile form could originate. For the Sensu and Pa'u forms, the Sensu form had a giant tree with violet flowers in the background; there is only one island with a giant tree, the one to the left of Melemele Island. This means Pa'u Oricorios are found on the island to the right of Melemele Island; Akala Island.

Last edited:

Rampharos

I think there's enough evidence to try and guess otherwise.

Mele mele means yellow, and has yellow flowers, so the yellow one is probably here (north-west)

The red oricorio is in the trailer surrounded by red flowers, there are red flowers on the map in the south-eastern island.

Pink Oricorio is seen in front of a volcano, suggesting north-east island. Additional evidence comes from Totem Lurantis living in lush jungle on Akala island. Of the two remaining islands, this is the only one with a jungle. Akala means pink in Hawaiian.

I've got no evidence for where the ghost one lives other than that there's only the south-west island remaining haha.

It looks like each island has a specific-coloured flower and Oricorio and is named after that colour.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I think there's enough evidence to try and guess otherwise.

Mele mele means yellow, and has yellow flowers, so the yellow one is probably here (north-west)

The red oricorio is in the trailer surrounded by red flowers, there are red flowers on the map in the south-eastern island.

Pink Oricorio is seen in front of a volcano, suggesting north-east island. Additional evidence comes from Totem Lurantis living in lush jungle on Akala island. Of the two remaining islands, this is the only one with a jungle. Akala means pink in Hawaiian.

I've got no evidence for where the ghost one lives other than that there's only the south-west island remaining haha.

It looks like each island has a specific-coloured flower and Oricorio and is named after that colour.

I have just re-watched the Japanese trailer, and you're right.

At first, I thought Baile is found on south-eastern island due to red flowers, though changed my mind for Japanese (Tin Tower) reference to Sensu. Both Pa'u and Baile have mountain in their backgrounds, but it is quite clear that it is Volcano for Pa'u while Baile's mountain's color is a little bit white-ish, which is referring to the icy mountain and that leaves Sensu with the remaining south-western island.

Hope that we won't have to wait longer to capture Baile-style, I love that passionate Tango dancer.

esquilo09

I have just re-watched the Japanese trailer, and you're right.

At first, I thought Baile is found on south-eastern island due to red flowers, though changed my mind for Japanese (Tin Tower) reference to Sensu. Both Pa'u and Baile have mountain in their backgrounds, but it is quite clear that it is Volcano for Pa'u while Baile's mountain's color is a little bit white-ish, which is referring to the icy mountain and that leaves Sensu with the remaining south-western island.

Hope that we won't have to wait longer to capture Baile-style, I love that passionate Tango dancer.
Oricorio Baile style is not a tango dancer, it is a flamenco dancer.

GDK

Yeah the gamexplain analysis showed where you could possibly find each oricorio's form (and also predicted the name of all 4 islands based no colors).
IT's cool that we can find oricorio's pom pom at the beginning, it's my favourite one.

Gizmoa

Yeah the gamexplain analysis showed where you could possibly find each oricorio's form (and also predicted the name of all 4 islands based no colors).
IT's cool that we can find oricorio's pom pom at the beginning, it's my favourite one.

melemele(yellow) island sure does seem to be the electric hub. Electric oricorio, electric tapukoko, electric bug, and it even looks like pikachu is in the area as well in some images.... electric island! It is going to be hard to choose which ones to bring with if it keeps up like this... right now I leaning towards having an oricorio no matter what though.

Julia Artemis

Pom Pom Oricorio is pretty great, though I'm still more loving Vikavolt of the new electric Pokemon. Out of the Oricorio birds I think I like Psychic/Flying Pa'u version.

Rampharos

melemele(yellow) island sure does seem to be the electric hub. Electric oricorio, electric tapukoko, electric bug, and it even looks like pikachu is in the area as well in some images.... electric island! It is going to be hard to choose which ones to bring with if it keeps up like this... right now I leaning towards having an oricorio no matter what though.

Yeah there really are a lot! Which makes it seem like there's more to do on this island than it looks like, if there can be that many of one type.

Pichu is nearly definitely there, since Hau has one in his second battle.

Thepowaofhax

Yeah there really are a lot! Which makes it seem like there's more to do on this island than it looks like, if there can be that many of one type.

Pichu is nearly definitely there, since Hau has one in his second battle.

Actually, this makes a hard choice. Pichu can get Nasty Plot pretty early on, but it's a happiness evolution. Oricorio hopefully will get a good movepool.

Status
Not open for further replies.