• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

goodpeople25

They're still not confirmed until game freak says they are. to alot of if not most people they might as well be confirmed, but people have different standards for that. (Who knows maybe someone at game freak has a weird sense of humour and sent concepts he made randomly to a friend in the anime department. It's a minuscule chance but hey )

Grey Wind

My top five are Rockruff, Minior, Mudsbray(/dale), Rowlet and Tapu Koko. Oh, and shout out to Mimikyu.

I quite like all the designs actually (although I'm indifferent to a few, like Bruxish and the new plant things), I think they did a really good job at making them sort of... tropical.

Nahiri

Selesnya Guild
Top 5:
- Rockruff
- Drampa
- Gumshoos
- Cutiefly
- Salandit

Least fave
- Fomantis
- Comfey
- Bruxish
- Bounsweet
- Yungoos

And that's not to say I don't like any Pokemon.They're all great designs, they're just less great than others in my own opinion!

PokeAJ

What do you mean that they are 1% fake? Those evolutions of the starters are not confirmed so they are not considered real yet.

The only way those can still be fake is if whoever faked them had somehow seen the character of Mallow but didn't know what the starters looked like, so slipped Mallow into the art to give it legitimacy. And said person would have to be incredibly gifted at mimicking their art style. So yeah, that's extremely far-fetched. They're 99% likely to be real.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
They're still not confirmed until game freak says they are. to alot of if not most people they might as well be confirmed, but people have different standards for that. (Who knows maybe someone at game freak has a weird sense of humour and sent concepts he made randomly to a friend in the anime department. It's a minuscule chance but hey )
Well, the person did say a 99% of being real. Obviously they won't be official until GF says they are, but they are looking prettttttty likely anyways.

goodpeople25

Well yeah but as i was trying to say people's standards differ and I think that reflects in what percentage they would consider the leaks being real. Plus what you consider real/fake also varies. They could change litten's hands in the meantime and I'm sure some people will consider that the leak was only partly real.

Wingulltrainer

That user isn't convinced by the leaked 'evidence' we have so far so don't bother

Bounsweet is a purple mangosteen though

2009-09-25-NBarksdale-mangosteen.jpg

My top five:
1. Cutiefly
2. Lurantis
3. Rowlet
4. Bounsweet
5. Tapu Koko

Honorable mention: Mimikyu

I have a strange soft spot for Minior too
I was kind of hoping bounsweet was a guava myself.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I want a Electric/Flying pokemon with Drizzle. Capable of evolving twice. Can learn both Hurricane and Thunder by leveling up.

WolfCypher

What are people's top 5 new Pokemon designs so far? I'm including the final evo leaks in my list because there's like a 1% chance they're fake at this point.

Not including those supposed evolutions, since I'm in that 1% that see them not being the final forms, so...

Rowlet, Rockruff, Vikavolt, Mudsdale, Solgaleo, and Lurantis.

Yes, that's six.

ThePancham

My top 5 would have to be
1. Rowlet- come on he has a leaf Bow tie? Can you get any classier
2. Salandit- I love the typing, and I can see this little guy evolving into something awesome!
3. Mudsdale- it's awesome case closed
4. Oricorio- so cool how it has 4 different forms with all different typing, can't wait to get a pom-pom style one aka mini zapdos
5. Mimikyu- such great flavor text for the background info, poor little guy just wants someone to love him...

My favourites so far:

1. Rowlet3
2. Salandit
3. Solgaleo
4. Lunala
5. Vikavolt

Least favourites:

1. Bewear
2. Bruxish
3. Mudsbray
4. Popplio3
5. Not sure yet.

wolf jani

The 6th member to reach 20 000 posts
My top 5 favourites
1.Rockruff
2.Lurantis
3.Magearna
4.Vikavolt
5.Litten3
Least favourites
1.Bruxish
2.Gumshoos
3.Drampa
4.Charjabug
5.Wimpod

Last edited:

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
What are people's top 5 new Pokemon designs so far? I'm including the final evo leaks in my list because there's like a 1% chance they're fake at this point.

1. Popplio 3.
2. Alolan Ninetales.
3. Rockruff.
4. Oricorio Baile.
5. Lurantis.

Cutiefly and Mimikyu just comes very close as 6th. Honestly, I love the majority but these are the favorite ones.

Charbox

Favourites
1. Rowlet
2. Vikavolt
3. Salandit
4. Tapu Koko
5. Lunala

Least Favourites
1. Mudsdale
2. Comfey
3. Cutiefly
4. Oricorio
5. Yungoos

DarkerShining

All right, it's been a few days since the latest bit of information and I have yet to share my thoughts, so here they are:

First, my initial reaction to Oricorio was pretty much just "Oh, a dancing bird with different forms. That's kind of neat." After a while, I realized that each form matches up really well to one of the alternate forms used by the four Pretty Cures in Happiness Charge Pretty Cure. I'm probably going to get one of each and name them after those four in some way. I'm also curious as to whether they have the same stats, or if each has a different spread of stats.

Then there's Minior. Seems interesting enough. Don't really have much to say about this one, except I'm wondering what the shiny ones would look like, since it seems to come in different colors normally.

Then there's Gumshoos, the evolved form of Yungoos. Not much to say about this one either.

My first reaction to Fomantis was pretty much "Aw, it's cute!" and I really like the design of its evolved form, Lurantis, too. I really like these two Pokémon.

Finally, there's Mudbray, the pre-evolution of Mudsdale. Not surprised that Mudsdale turned out to be the evolution of something. Mudbray is kind of cute, I guess. I like its design.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
Favorites:
- litten3
- rockruff
- drampa
- mudbray
- cutiefly

Not liked
- popplio3
- gumshoos

Achernar

star-mapping pro
Faves:

Rowlet
Rockruff
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Sandslash
Lurantis

Least

Charjabug
Magearna
Bruxish
Pikipek
Drampa

ABC595

Faves:
Litten (plz don't be real litten3)
Drampa
A-ninetails
Salandit
Mudsdale
Oricorio

Least faves:
Formantis
Comfrey
Vikavolt (although I might end up using this!)

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
May favorites this far are:

1. Mimikyu
2.A-Ninetales
3. Mudsdale
4. Pikipek
5. Rockruff

My least favorites are probably

1.Bruxish
2.Charjabug
3. Bewear