• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
Could Yowashi be one of the totem pokemons?

It's only August but we have already seen 35 pokemon! Halfway through the total of gen 6 mons. Makes me wonder is gamefreak bold enough to reveal all pokemon before November?

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Really? I think it sounds more logical/natural that some trickster ghost that possesses sand disguises as a sandcastle to trap unaware victims than to have some pixie that looks like a set of keys. I love both, but I can't really come up with an explanation for Klefki that doesn't sound completely random. Alola has a lot of beaches, so it makes sense that there is a pokemon that takes advantage of that.

The fae were known to teal small object, like coins, shoes, and of course, keys. In order to ward off the fae, people would carry iron charms in their pockets, as fairies were believed to be vulnerable to iron, due to it being considered a holy metal. So, if you wanted an iron charm to carry in your pocket that would protect your keys, what would you use? Why a keyring of course!

Klefki has a brilliantly though out design, and now you have an explanation that isn't random :)

Oh, and Sandy McHauntedcastle could have an equally interesting origin, like a literal interpretation of the Sandman or something, but it's too early to tell. I can't wait to get a full description for it, though :)

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
About Yowashi, I highly doubt its forme change will involve actual other Yowashi swimming in to join it. Looking at the larger form all the Yowashi look distinctly different from the original (they all are darker in color and have no dorsal fin for instance).

Most likely Yowashi just creates illusions of other fish to make a bigger body, or (assuming the big body is solid) then it makes solid temporary semi-clones of itself.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Those sandcastles are by far the ugliest designs I've ever seen imo. Whoever greenlighted them was clearly hungover and just wanted the designer out of their face. Congratulations whoever you are, you've ruined a perfectly good concept with that rushed abomination - even Grimer and Muk look decent compared to these things. I mean at least put the sandcastle on a crab or turtle.

...Rant aside, I love the concept of that new fish Pokémon, and I'm looking to seeing the second form's stats. Bewear's prevo reminds me of those people who adopt puppies for Christmas only to abandon them or taking them to an animal shelter when they grow up. That's probably the case for Nuikoguma when it evolves.

Last edited:

Galvantula1992

Is that really a solid pattern, though? Pikachu, Mareep and Shinx are the only ones that really fit it.

Mareep, Electrike, Shinx, Blitzle, Helioptile.

Orphalesion

Bewear's prevo reminds me of those people who adopt puppies for Christmas only to abandon them or taking them to an animal shelter when they grow up. That's probably the case for Nuikoguma when it evolves.

But why would you abandon a pet because it grew into a super-strong, super-adorable thing that just wants to hug you?

Thepowaofhax

But why would you abandon a pet because it grew into a super-strong, super-adorable thing that just wants to hug you?

Because when it hugs you, it has the potential of killing you.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima

Exactly. Those are perfectly good bodyguards they're abandoning. Command it to patrol your house every night and hug any unfamiliar humans who happen to break in and you've got a perfect security system too. The only downside can be remedied by telling Bewear to go easy when it's hugging you and your family.

Because when it hugs you, it has the potential of killing you.
You can teach Bewear to restrain itself when it's hugging its trainer. Some restrain is better than nothing.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Exactly. Those are perfectly good bodyguards they're abandoning. Command it to patrol your house every night and hug any unfamiliar humans who happen to break in and you've got a perfect security system too. The only downside can be remedied by telling Bewear to go easy when it's hugging you and your family.

You can teach Bewear to restrain itself when it's hugging its trainer. Some restrain is better than nothing.
Indeed, the implication from the lore on the site is that well trained Bewears are safe enough to be around because their trainers have taught them restraint. Its the wild ones that people fear because they are liable to cause serious harm when trying to hug people.

gliscor&yanmega

More and more, and yet still no Ice or Dark types(At least Alolan Pokemon have those types).

As for the new Pokemon:
Yowashi-Solo is kind of meh for me, but I do like the concept behind the School form. Probably wont use it, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.
Sunabaa and Shirodesuna-Sandcastle Pokemon is also an interesting concept that I like; and never even crossed my mind. I don't really see myself using it though.
Nuikoguma-Bewear's pre-evolution, don't have much thoughts on it since already see what becomes of it. It is kind of cute though. The butterfly headband still looks odd to me though.

Can see more new Pokemon coming on the 12th too.

Orphalesion

Yowashi-Solo is kind of meh for me, but I do like the concept behind the School form. Probably wont use it, but I think it's interesting nonetheless.

It'd like it better if the school form was an actual evolution, like all those fishes fusing into a huge monster fish, that'd be cool :p

gliscor&yanmega

It'd like it better if the school form was an actual evolution, like all those fishes fusing into a huge monster fish, that'd be cool :p

I'm alright with them doing more with forms now, it's become a pretty big thing since Megas(Albeit, it's been around since the start). I'm curious how it activates though. Best bet would probably be an Ability where it's HP is low, unless they want to do something different.

Hauke_von_Arding

Those sandcastles are by far the ugliest designs I've ever seen, even worse than Bruxish. Whoever greenlighted them was clearly hungover and just wanted the designer out of their face. Congratulations whoever you are, you've ruined a perfectly good concept with that rushed abomination - even Grimer and Muk look decent compared to these things. I mean at least put the sandcastle on a crab or turtle.

Good this is just YOUR opinion.

Well. I guess what's creative and not is something we all have to make up our own minds about. I just feel like it could have been done so much more with it. The shovel looks a little misplaced and the shape of it makes it look like there's not really any point where it begins and ends. The towers could have been shaped a little better to give a look that resembles arms more, because as of now they kinda look like they're just there to sway in the wind. Things like that. So I do hope it gets a third evo. As i said. I like the concept, just not really a fan of the design. :) And I also had this picture of what this sandstorm/being-hybrid would look like. A spirit, taking control over a pile of sand. Sand crumbling in the right places to make out it's face and details and it made perfect sense to give it either Sand Veil or Sand Stream.

But I guess I will learn to love it in time. I have before.

I can relate to liking the concept more than the design. I've never really liked the design of Ambipom or Rampardos; they both had very good, solid ideas but just look really sloppy to me.

Part of me expects the sand castle to have a backstory that says something like "the spirit of someone who drowned when his friends buried him at the beach and forgot about him." I mean, Phantump is possessed by the soul of a child who died while lost in the woods and Drifloon carries children away when they grab its strings.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Indeed, the implication from the lore on the site is that well trained Bewears are safe enough to be around because their trainers have taught them restraint. Its the wild ones that people fear because they are liable to cause serious harm when trying to hug people.
I feel like the main problem would be people (non-trainers specifically) not realising Bewear can be taught to restrain itself, so they end up giving it up out of fear.

Good this is just YOUR opinion.
I'm well aware btw, no need to point it out so aggressively.

GDK

I usually like the pokemon because of their implication in the competitive metagame (That's why i love minior).
But with the sand castle, arena trap seems to be a given (with sand stream as an HA maybe ?) so I4m liking it.

I like the concept of the fish and can't wait how he change into his school form, might be in my team.

Julia Artemis

I love this description of Sandcastle, so dark! "Shirodesuna steals the life force from other Pokemon. Those Pokemon's grudges turn into a new Sunaba."

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
"Shirodesuna steals the life force from other Pokemon. Those Pokemon's grudges turn into a new Sunaba."

Dang, I never knew a sand castle could be so dark and gritty...

Edit: Greninja'd

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.