• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
"Shirodesuna steals the life force from other Pokemon. Those Pokemon's grudges turn into a new Sunaba."

Dang, I never knew a sand castle could be so dark and gritty...

Well did anyone notice the artwork of a Shirodesuna dragging a terrified pikachu into the sand? It burries pokemon alive, now that's just gruesome.

gliscor&yanmega

It's funny how Nuikoguma is one of the most wanted Pokemon to meet, but when it evolves signs everywhere to warn you of it's terror.

Sunabaa and Shirodesuna are just like the many other Ghost types...disturbing. They are grudges in sand, while the evolved form steals life forces and the grudges of the Pokemon turn into new Sunaba. That picture of Pikachu with Shirodesuna looked comedic, but I assume it was actually stealing Pikachu's life force...sandcastles can not be trusted.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Well did anyone notice the artwork of a Shirodesuna dragging a terrified pikachu into the sand? It burries pokemon alive, now that's just gruesome.
I'm just gonna have my own child friendly headcanon that it's just flavor text and in that picture he was just attacking Pikachu. :p

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
[video=youtube;pWdd6_ZxX8c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWdd6_ZxX8c[/video]

Someone needs to put this in the first post.

Anyhow, I thought maybe the fish changes form if you have multiple of them in your party. Maybe on its own the fish have fairly low stats but can "combine" to form the school form, significantly increasing its stats. Would be useless competitively (even if species clause weren't a thing) but it would be a neat little gimmick in-game.

Grey Wind

Mareep, Electrike, Shinx, Blitzle, Helioptile.

Eh... I'll give you Blitzle, but you can't get Electrike until close to the third gym or Helioptile until close to the second. There's no real pattern here, they're just the first Electric-types that you'll run into.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Some of those are not early ingame encounters. Some of those are just the 1st Electric-type you'll eventually get to. Elektrike for example isnt encountered until right before gym 3.

Well, actually, Blitzle can be caught right after completing the 1st Gym, and Helioptile is about halfway in-between the 1st and 2nd Gyms. Those are still pretty early encounters. Also, Electrike can be encountered before the 2nd Gym in R/S/E, since you can head to Slateport before Dewford in those games. Electric-Types can be encountered early on, and with yellow being the color of choice for Melemele, I think some early Electric-Types are a strong possibility.

Cyclone

^ where it all began
OK... I love all the new Pokemon but I gotta say I really hate the Sand Castle pokemon. Really???????

It seems that based on this pokemon the supposed "leaked" pokedex must be wrong, as there was no Ground/Ghost type, however it did appear that there was a water pokemon with the word "Skool" in the name which seems to resemble the new Yowashi, so perhaps it was partly correct

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I'm just gonna have my own child friendly headcanon that it's just flavor text and in that picture he was just attacking Pikachu. :p

No, according to the text translation, it takes a Pokémon's grudges and uses them as the life force to birth more Sunabaa.
Like, this makes me love this Pokémon even more besides the fact that it's another Ground type.
I'm gonna figure out a way to make this Pokémon work on my team!

I like the contrast of Nuikoguma and Bewear because it's like a revenge Pokémon; all you want to do is hug the little bear, but now that it's grown up it shows you how it feels to be "hugged".

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
So I was just researching a tiny bit. I don't know if this has been mentioned or not but if the developers are going with some realism and if there are new fossil pokemon 1 will possibly be based on an extinct bird since there were alot of those in Hawaii and the other possibly an insect or a mulls because there were no non flying type dinosaurs in Hawaii =)

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
OK... I love all the new Pokemon but I gotta say I really hate the Sand Castle pokemon. Really???????

It seems that based on this pokemon the supposed "leaked" pokedex must be wrong, as there was no Ground/Ghost type, however it did appear that there was a water pokemon with the word "Skool" in the name which seems to resemble the new Yowashi, so perhaps it was partly correct

That's what I was looking for when I saw these new CoroCoro leaks. My favorite out of all the confirmed Pokémon broke the authenticity of the leak and I don't think the "school" of fish pokemon was really there despite an English name of the Pokémon sounding like it.

So I was just researching a tiny bit. I don't know if this has been mentioned or not but if the developers are going with some realism and if there are new fossil pokemon 1 will possibly be based on an extinct bird since there were alot of those in Hawaii and the other possibly an insect or a mulls because there were no non flying type dinosaurs in Hawaii =)

Maybe another Rock/Flying bird and a Rock/Poison bug fossil Pokémon then. I just don't like Rock/Bug again (even though I also don't like a third Rock/Flying fossil but it seems likely), but with Fomantis and Lurantis not being Bug typed, I think a Rock/Poison insectoid Pokémon would be fine.

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO

Yes, this has been discussed before.

Eh... I'll give you Blitzle, but you can't get Electrike until close to the third gym or Helioptile until close to the second. There's no real pattern here, they're just the first Electric-types that you'll run into.

Not really, early Electric-type is a well-established archetype, dating back to Pikachu and it has been showcased pre-release always.

You might not like it, but there really is no "debate" here.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Omg I'm loving the sandcastle pokemon! Looks like an hp or defense beast! Also loving the fish school form, looks badass.

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Okay, my opinions on the new Pokémon:
The fish is cool what with the school form.
Bewear's pre-evo is okay. Just okay.
The sand castle is unique and interesting. I got a good laugh when I saw the Coro Cora scan.

My opinions on the new Alola variants:
Alola Meowth is nice. Like the dark typing.
Alola Marowak is pretty cool. Ghost/Fire is nice.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
Figuring for abilities the sandcastle has sand stream and sand veil or arena trap. The fish probably has some new ability to change forms.

Last edited:

Annabelle2012

Christian Trainer

But, the Sandcastlemon IS a ground/ghost type; but yeah, the dex is still disproved because Bewear has a prevo.

Macabrelicious

The sandcastle is so goofy I might just use it. When I very first saw the leaks I thought it was Alolan Muk but I'm glad it's not

I find it VERY odd that we haven't had our regional early-game Electric-type revealed yet. I'm still holding out for a cheetah.

I don't think this is a pattern but more importantly, the less "regional X" archetypes we have, the better

Didn't Hirobyte or somebody say the leaked dex might only be partly right?

For the record I think the whole thing was a sham but IF the thing was partly right, I would not be mad

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.