• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I love the roc idea (I'm imagining something like the Helmaroc King from Zelda, heh), and I think a Ground/Fairy or Ground/Dark would work well too. Goodra was pretty boring as a pseudo so hopefully they shake things up a bit this time.
I liked Goomy and Sliggoo, I found them interesting. But yeah, Goodra was a disappointing final stage since the slug influence was so reduced. Could have made a cool Dragon/Poison or even Poison/Water.

I'm a bit torn on Dragon on pseudos really. I like to think of dragons as this very rare and mysterious type thematically, and even if you do catch one you need to invest in it before it becomes strong, which fits the bill of a pseudo perfectly. Most of them are fairly unique aside from Dragonite and Goodra having similar body shapes. Never been a particularly big fan of the idea of early-game or common dragons. Which is also why I dislike the mascot trio of gen IV and V all being Dragon, makes them seem a bit too common among the legendaries in their respective regions, one Dragon legendary is cool with me though, like III and VI.

I like the idea of two pseudos again, with one being more traditional and the other being very odd like Metagross.
Honestly, if we do get a Manticore, it should probably be a pseudo-legendary due to it being a mythological creature.
I'm not denying that a manticore pseudo-legendary wouldn't be great, but I don't really get your reasoning here. Countless regular pokémon are based on mythological creatures.

Last edited:

Creyk

That's a coll idea, it could be like the ralts line where it has two different options to evolve into. I don't know what the pre-evos would be ut evolving into a luau girl grass/fairy and a fire breather grass/fire would be cool. Ialso think that a tiki kind of pokemon could have the potential of being a pokemon with the type grass/fire, grass/rock, or grass/ghost

Or a hot fire tick.
It could have some ability like bite related attacks have a 50% chance of inflicting burn or something

Aielyn

So basically Mega Sceptile? And speaking of Megas and Grass/Dragon typings - Mega Serperior should have this typing too, really. That or Grass/Fairy?

... no. Look at the "often looks like this" image, and think about a pokemon designed around that image. It literally looks nothing like Sceptile or Mega Sceptile. It bears more resemblance to Dragalge than it does to Mega Sceptile (not that it looks especially like Dragalge).

This is a creature that seriously has a draconic quality to it, especially when it looks like this. The concept is entirely different compared with the Sceptile family, even though they're based on a related species. Mega Sceptile itself is more like a Dilophosaurus than it is a satanic leaf tailed gecko, and Mega Sceptile looks like it's based on a tree.

Perhaps I should be clearer - this would be a pokemon that is designed to look like a dragon more than a grass type. It would be intended as a Dragon type from the start, and perhaps even have multiple stages (it's about time the Dragon type got a lower-end family comparable to, say, rattata or mankey). It could even gain wings to bring in reference to flying dragons.

Kalosian

So long
On top of my head, some things I would like to see:

In Gen 5, we got Chandelure, which was a Pokemon based on a chandelier. Which was awesome. But I have always wanted to see a Pokemon based on an electric (modern) lamp/light, so I would love to see that become a reality this generation.

Then I would also like to see Pokemon based on mats/carpets. It might be a bit hard to make something creative out of it but I would like to see it happen, and I'm sure it can be done.

Finally (for now), I would also love to see Pokemon based on stars/constellations. It was one of my highest hopes for Gen 6 but since it didn't happen then, maybe now. Considering the game names, I feel that the chance at least exists.

YearlyEonPokemon

Sky Trainer
Ice/Fighting type could be called Frosticuffs

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
A Grass/Fire PLEASE PLEASE that would be so cool, also an ice/electric type!!!

Also something that is just flying and not a legendary would be interesting, potentially boring though.

Last one is a bug and fairy/psychic would be cool. All of these non-legendaries.

.Aerodactyl.

A Grass/Fire PLEASE PLEASE that would be so cool, also an ice/electric type!!!

Also something that is just flying and not a legendary would be interesting, potentially boring though.

Last one is a bug and fairy/psychic would be cool. All of these non-legendaries.

I really want a pure flying type Pokemon line based on a humming bird. I think it would be great to try a pure flying type that isn't a legendary! And I don't think it's boring, it's not really been seen before. It would resist fighting, be immune to ground...sometimes not having a secondary type is okay

Erron Black

The Outlaw
A Dragon/Fighting pseudo legendary is what I like to see.

Hoooooow about a Fighting/Fairy pseudo?

Dragon/Fighting is cool, but I'd like something non-dragon be a pseudo this time. I mean of all the pseudos we've gotten, only 2/7 are not dragon typed.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
How about an ice/fighting pseudo? It will have enough weaknesses to keep it in check while having enough offenses to keep it in check.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Hoooooow about a Fighting/Fairy pseudo?

I've always liked the idea of a Fighting/Fairy werewolf with access to Moonlight, Drain Punch, Play Rough, and Shadow Sneak along with a few other select bite and punch moves. The ability would be Tough Claws.

How about an ice/fighting pseudo? It will have enough weaknesses to keep it in check while having enough offenses to keep it in check.

Considering FlySpam and the main player Talonflame, an Ice/Fighting Pseudo-mon will have to be extremely powerful with a breadth of moves.
I'd still like for a bulky Ice/Fighting Yeti Crab with 120/120 physical stats and low Special stats, allowing it to take on Specially Defensive pokemon and Gliscor.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
http://m.imgur.com/1VbrUGa

A possible new Pokemon has been found!

I find this to look like a statue, much like the one in Eterna City, which combines the body of Dialga and the wings of Palkia.
This image could be a black Reshiram statue just by looking at its wings and head, with maybe a few Zekrom attributes in its design (black scales of Zekrom, perhaps).

Otherwise, I like to think we get a cool Flying type from a silhouette or overall outline presented by the designers.

Status
Not open for further replies.