• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Nothing is stopping Crabrawler from evolving into a Fighting/Water type. I mean, it'll probably learn Crabhammer at the very least.

Mew can't learn Crabhammer. But Crabrawler can.

Therefore, Crabrawler > Mew

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
"Crabrawler has a personality that really hates to lose, and it’s driven not only to aim for a higher position than its fellows in terms of social standing, but literally to aim for a higher position in the landscape. Perhaps as a result, it’s sometimes found clinging to tall people or to the walls of buildings! If you try to remove one against its will, you’ll be met with a sound punch.

Crabrawler’s favorite food is Berries. It punches the trunks of trees to give the branches a good shake and knock any ripe Berries to the ground so it can feast! Many Crabrawler may gather around a tree, but only the one that emerges victorious in battle against all the others receives the privilege of eating the ripe Berries.

Crabrawler uses its claws to protect its face and belly while getting in close to an opponent to throw punches. Its punches are powerful enough to split tree trunks! Crabrawler’s pincers are sometimes torn off during its bouts—and they are said to be delicious."

Man, Crabrawler is brutal.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Crabrawler is pretty cool I think. I'm glad that they've been moving away from the 'buff humanoid' fighting types. A punchy crab is nice. Stufful has a tag on its butt. That's...kinda weird honestly. Not a fan.

IcySealeo

This video made me like the sandcastle line. I mean, now I really think they're awsome and cool.

As for Stuffull - at first I didn't like it but now I think it's very cute, and the tag on its rear is funny aswell.

Like everyone I find it very strange that the crab isn't water-type but apparently it is based on a non-aquatic crab so it makes sense. But its color scheme is not that good...

Gizmoa

Crabrawler is quite the fusion... land crab, mantis shrimp and stone crab combined.

The one downside of Crabrawler in my opinion is that it seems to lower our odds of ever getting a mantis shrimp Pokemon. Now that we have a punching crab, people would complain about a punching shrimp being redundant.

I think Crabrawler is pure Fighting because its design and description seems to be based on coconut crabs, who aren't aquatic.
Still not a huge fan of Sandygast and Palossand, the revolving shovel is a bit too ridiculous for me. Kind of surprised they didn't get Arena Trap. I find it a bit ironic that they are sandcastles that actually enjoy being hit by water due to their ability.
Stufful is still cute, and the tag on its rear is a nice detail.

The sandcastles like water because real sand castles need to be wet before they can set. As countless children have learned at the beach, if you just flip a bucket of dry sand upside-down and remove the bucket the sand will not remain in a cylindrical shape; it will just spread out. It needs to be wet so the grains of sand can stick together.

One thing that surprised me about Crabrawler is its size. It's not even as big as a real coconut crab. It's heavier than one, but not as large.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Sooooooooo, he's just like a normal coconut crab then.

COCONUT CRABS CLIMB ON YOU UNEXPECTEDLY ?

*moves to the moon*

These creatures are so creepy... I would totally understand a potential Fighting/Bug type if they make it more tarantula-like, as the animal it's based on...

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
So Stufful is the opposite of Bewear. Bewear likes to hug people but people don't want to be hugged by it, and people want to pet Stufful but it hates being touched.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
So Stufful is the opposite of Bewear. Bewear likes to hug people but people don't want to be hugged by it, and people want to pet Stufful but it hates being touched.

How could we have been so blind... WE are the reason why Bewear is a danger! The plot twist!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
The best part about traveling with a Crabrawler is that if you ever get hungry, you can just tear off one of its claws and chown down. Also, Palossand's rotating radar shovel makes me laugh :)

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
This video made me like the sandcastle line. I mean, now I really think they're awsome and cool.

Forgot to mention this too. Same thing here, the in-game model really fixed one of the things I liked the least when they first got leaked, which is, now I can actually tell where the evolution's eyes without thinking it looked stupid afterwards.

Hell, this seems to be the case for a lot of Gen 7 mons, actually. They look way better in-game than they do in the official art.

Julia Artemis

The one downside of Crabrawler in my opinion is that it seems to lower our odds of ever getting a mantis shrimp Pokemon. Now that we have a punching crab, people would complain about a punching shrimp being redundant.

The sandcastles like water because real sand castles need to be wet before they can set. As countless children have learned at the beach, if you just flip a bucket of dry sand upside-down and remove the bucket the sand will not remain in a cylindrical shape; it will just spread out. It needs to be wet so the grains of sand can stick together.

One thing that surprised me about Crabrawler is its size. It's not even as big as a real coconut crab. It's heavier than one, but not as large.

I mean it's probably going to evolve into something bigger. I'll be shocked if he doesn't get an evolution

Daisukereds

You guys don't really like the colors on Crabrawler?
Crabrawler.jpg
As artist, I quite like it! Meshes well together and they don't really stand out. It's a very lite palette.

Regarding Palossand.
- Sand castles are destroyed by the waves, so I think it's fine that it isn't immune to water.
- It can always get Hidden Ability (Arena Trap at least). Hopefully, Pokemon can now have 2 Hidden Abilities (that's asking too much).

HolyKey

Lore Keeper
Guys. I love Crabrawler. I love the little guy. He's squaring up and about to molly wop someone to the freakin' edge of the galaxy. Still not the biggest fan of the sandcastles. Stufful is, of course, adorable. Also, Pokemon confirmed edible, I guess. I honestly don't know if I'd be able to eat a Pokemon when they've the capacity for reason, higher thinking and emotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.