• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Guys. I love Crabrawler. I love the little guy. He's squaring up and about to molly wop someone to the freakin' edge of the galaxy. Still not the biggest fan of the sandcastles. Stufful is, of course, adorable. Also, Pokemon confirmed edible, I guess. I honestly don't know if I'd be able to eat a Pokemon when they've the capacity for reason, higher thinking and emotion.

Eh The claw will grow back....probably. And I love it, too! Look at that little antennae pompadour and "ya wanna have a go?" look on its face. They again, I'm always a fan of the crustacean Pokemon, so this adoration isn't a shock.

Just realized, the name 'Palossand' is literally 'pile o' sand'. That's hilarious.

Huh, I was reading it as "Palace sand".

Last edited:

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
Just realized, the name 'Palossand' is literally 'pile o' sand'. That's hilarious.

I like how it kind of carried over the joke from the Japanese name. Shirodesuna/"It's a castle, isn't it?" to Palossand and the pun you pointed out.

League

Master Abra Catcher
You say tomahto, I say pail-o-sand.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
I had to look them up, and god damn I have an appreciation for crabs now.

They're both awesome and terrifying at the same time, though what do you expect from the world's largest terrestrial arthropod?
On my last trip to the San Diego Zoo I was really disappointed to find out that they now have a coconut crab exhibit but it was off display because it was molting that day.

The one downside of Crabrawler in my opinion is that it seems to lower our odds of ever getting a mantis shrimp Pokemon. Now that we have a punching crab, people would complain about a punching shrimp being redundant.

The sandcastles like water because real sand castles need to be wet before they can set. As countless children have learned at the beach, if you just flip a bucket of dry sand upside-down and remove the bucket the sand will not remain in a cylindrical shape; it will just spread out. It needs to be wet so the grains of sand can stick together.

One thing that surprised me about Crabrawler is its size. It's not even as big as a real coconut crab. It's heavier than one, but not as large.
I didn't register that the trade-off for Water Compaction raising Defense not one but two stages was that the ability apparently does not grant immunity. So it makes a lot more thematic sense to me now, even if it made the ability considerably worse than I first imagined.

goodpeople25

Yup the design on the castles definitely came together for me with the moving models as I figured it would come down to.

And wow I thought living grudges and life draining to make more was pretty much going to be the extent of the ghost type creepiness in the line, but nope! Valuable lesson I guess, ghost types can always get more creepy.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Another thing that I just noticed now is Stufful's tag. Looks pretty funny! As much as I don't care for Bewear's design, I think the pre-evo is super cute.

And wow I thought living grudges and life draining to make more was pretty much going to be the extent of the ghost type creepiness in the line, but nope! Valuable lesson I guess, ghost types can always get more creepy.

This is what you get for not watching enough cheesy horror movies. Anything can happen with "ghosts possess x"

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
LOl at Stufful's tag~ Palossand's names is very punny. The new boxing crab is okay. Turtonator is awesome. A matamata turtle!!!

Last edited:

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I guess it's safe to say the Bewear line will be huge on Attack, but pretty bad on Defense.

I like how Polassand uses sandcastles a camouflage. I so look forward to using it in battle. This new ability can prove quite helpful. With this ability, also, I predict it will have pretty good Special Defense. Basically, I see this:

Palossand
HP: 85
Attack: 75
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 121
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 10
Total: 441

Last edited:

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
I guess its safe to say the Bewear line will be huge on Attack, but pretty bad on Defense.

I like how Polassand uses sandcastles a camouflage. I so look forward to using it in battle. This new ability can prove quite helpful. With this ability, also, I predict it will have pretty good Special Defense. Basically, I see this:

Palossand
HP: 85
Attack: 75
Defense: 50
Special Attack: 121
Special Defense: 100
Speed: 10
Total: 441
Excellent estimate for its stats. I definitely see it as a special tank with low speed.

PsychoIncarnate

I don't really like Crabrawler

Kind of odd, since I was hoping for a coconut crab pokemon

I thought it was going to be Wimpod's evo at first because of the coloring and the mouth

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
So I just found that Crabrawler can learn Stone Edge, what does this say about a potential evolution? Can any unevolved Pokemon learn it?

Status
Not open for further replies.