• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
So, here's a question. Both Munchlax and Dratini have Egg moves dependent on old event moves, Self-Destruct and Extreme Speed respectively.

We had a redistribution of Extreme Speed Dragonite, but I wonder if we will have a Self-Destruct Monster Egg Group Pokémon, or an Extreme Speed Water 1 and/or Dragon Pokémon.

Similarly, I wonder which signature moves will be redistributed. Milk Drink, Sacred Sword, Sacred Fire and Horn Leech were distributed in Gen VI.

Gear moves will clearly be given to Magearna, but I wonder about Soft-Boiled and Barrage.

Kinda want them to give Aeroblast to something, Lugia having a signature move but not Ho-Oh doesn't sit right with me personally.

Creyk

Kinda want them to give Aeroblast to something, Lugia having a signature move but not Ho-Oh doesn't sit right with me personally.

Maybe the new regional bird will be specially oriented and it's final form could learn aeroblast at level 1 so you can give it to it with Heart Scale

Could that not be the final evolution of the wireframe Pokemon they revealed? I say that because A) Flying and B) Head shape.

I don't think so. The focus on implementing crescents like in the logo seems way too obvious for me, and it would make little sense for that bird's final evolution to feature when, from what we can see, the table seems to have box art items, such as the logos, at hand.

Similarly, I wonder which signature moves will be redistributed. Milk Drink, Sacred Sword, Sacred Fire and Horn Leech were distributed in Gen VI.

Gear moves will clearly be given to Magearna, but I wonder about Soft-Boiled and Barrage.
I wouldn't be surprised if Electrify or Powder became more common. They are moves that could fit a lot of pokémon thematically.
Barrage is just so odd, I don't see them distributing it to more pokémon.
I find it strange that it's a silhouette. I have to admit I'd love if they actually kept the two mascot Pokémon unknown, at least on the boxes.
I don't think it really is a silhouette, it just looks that way when the contrast is turned up.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I wouldn't be surprised if Electrify or Powder became more common. They are moves that could fit a lot of pokémon thematically.
Barrage is just so odd, I don't see them distributing it to more pokémon.

I don't think it really is a silhouette, it's just looks that way when the contrast is turned up.

I honestly never got why Electrify and Powder were exclusive in the first place; they fit a lot of other Pokémon, too.

Barrage could be distributed to Sceptile based upon the seeds on its back, but that's about all I can think of.
Why did they make it Normal Type, anyway, there is no reason to ever use it.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I honestly never got why Electrify and Powder were exclusive in the first place; they fit a lot of other Pokémon, too.

Barrage could be distributed to Sceptile based upon the seeds on its back, but that's about all I can think of.
Why did they make it Normal Type, anyway, there is no reason to ever use it.

Barrage's Japanese name is Ball Throw.

Eko2

Nice find. A case could definitely be made for it being the Moon legendary, though I hope this isn't the case.

What video is the screen capture pulled from, if you don't mind my asking?

XD omg thanks for someone doing this for this image! I was trying to post this ASAP but it was hard to XD.
Glad someone read my original post that had photoshop hehe

Gabriel Faria

Shall we dance?
I'm sorry, but can someone explain to me why you think that is a dragon or the Moon legendary? I don't see anything draconic or moon-related in that picture. Only in the drawing and I find it very different from the pictures at the right (even though these ones are blurry). I mean, it can in fact be something "huge", but I only get "generic bird" vibes from that.

Anyway, my bet is the trailer bird/bird evolution.

Last edited:

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
If we think about a grass/fire, fire/grass pokémon...the first thing we think about is a hot pepper...

Here are some other ideas...

- A burning bush (maybe to biblical?);
- A torch (If we can get an ice cream cone...);
- A burning man/blazing inpachi (based on the event/yu-gi-oh card);
- A burning tree that evolves into a burning forest (if region is based on spain or australia);
- A Poison Ivy humanoid pokémon with fire hair instead of just red hair (probably not);
- A Jack o'Lantern pokémon (please, make this!!!);
- A totem pole pokémon (with fire on top, imagina the tower from the capital from The100 with the fire on top, but instead of a building underneath, a wooden pole);
- A pokémon based on a tabasco bottle? (nah).

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I'm sorry, but can someone explain to me why you think that is a dragon or the Moon legendary? I don't see anything draconic or moon-related in that picture. Only in the drawing and I find it very different from the pictures at the right (even though these ones are blurry). I mean, it can in fact be something "huge", but I only get "generic bird" vibes from that.

Anyway, my bet is the trailer bird/bird evolution.

Just due to it being on the same drawing board as the logos and due to some people thinking its a silhouette, which they usually do to cover legendaries. Some earlier comments explain it more.

If we think about a grass/fire, fire/grass pokémon...the first thing we think about is a hot pepper...

Here are some other ideas...

- A burning bush (maybe to biblical?);
- A torch (If we can get an ice cream cone...);
- A burning man/blazing inpachi (based on the event/yu-gi-oh card);
- A burning tree that evolves into a burning forest (if region is based on spain or australia);
- A Poison Ivy humanoid pokémon with fire hair instead of just red hair (probably not);
- A Jack o'Lantern pokémon (please, make this!!!);
- A totem pole pokémon (with fire on top, imagina the tower from the capital from The100 with the fire on top, but instead of a building underneath, a wooden pole);
- A pokémon based on a tabasco bottle? (nah).

your torch idea makes me think they could have a sweet Vanillite alternate evolution that turns into ICE/fire.
Jack o lantern pokemon exists, pumpkaboo and gourgeist.
I like the poison ivy pokemon idea, although theyd have to work with it do make it 'fire' ivy and not 'poison' ivy if you catch my drift.... there are enough poison/grass pokemon.
I see some sort of fire flower

I want some Dunsparce evolutions, in two branches, perhaps even as a three stage thing.

Once Dunsparce reaches level 30, it can evolve, and this decides which branch it will go down, depending on whether its happiness is below or above a certain point. If it is above, it becomes a Fairy/Dragon, but if below, it becomes a Poison/Dragon.

Once it reaches level 55, it can then evolve with max happiness or unhappiness, again retaining the aforementioned types. They should definitely do something 'Sparce related!

On a side note, perhaps more seriously, it should have a three stage evolution where the second stage grows out both its wings and tail drill a bit more - in its Pokedex entries, it's mentioned that it can fly (albeit very weakly and in spurts) and uses its tail to drill underground, so naturally its first evolution would mature these features. But, after that, depending on a certain criteria, it could grow its wings larger than its tail, becoming a Dragon/Flying type, and alternatively it could grow its tail larger than its wings and become a Dragon/Ground type. My thoughts on this would have been if it spends more of its time battling in a cave or outside, like adaptation and evolution, or, alternatively, having it know more Flying moves than Ground moves and vice versa to evolve a certain way at or beyond a certain level. If it spends an equal amount of time/has two ground moves and two flying moves, it could evolve into a hybrid of the two, becoming a Dragon/Ice or Dragon/Fairy type (the former because of the advantage, the latter because I just think t would suit it).

Thoughts?

Red and Blue

So does anyone else think that Gen 7 going to have a small number of new Pokemon like Gen 6?

So does anyone else think that Gen 7 going to have a small number of new Pokemon like Gen 6?

I see there being anywhere from 70 to 130, nothing more or nothing less.

However, with the images from the trailer we've seen so far - other than the apparent Legendary and the bird - there is a large representation of older generations, especially the first. So that makes me more sceptical towards the notion of seeing 100+ Pokémon this generation, sadly, but I hope that's not the case.

NotoriousHD

I'm all for a Dunsparce evolution. However any implementation has to be thought through. You have listed far to many options on what could be, in addition to the evolution method existing since gen 2, so it should have been encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.