• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
http://prnt.sc/cetoue

This doesn't look like a Wailord.

http://prnt.sc/cetozo

And I cannot make out what this is. But it doesn't look like any pokemon I know.

It's not Wishiwash though, it has white streaks on it's sides, and very different features like it's fins, mouth ect.

Oh, I thought you meant the subs and boats. But yeah, that just looks like a stylized Wishiwashi to me.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover
http://prnt.sc/cetoue

This doesn't look like a Wailord.

http://prnt.sc/cetozo

And I cannot make out what this is. But it doesn't look like any pokemon I know.

It's not Wishiwash though, it has white streaks on it's sides, and very different features like it's fins, mouth ect.

The first one looks like wishiwashi to me. The second one like the pink new fish whose name I forgot :p

Leosnake

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers. It’s extremely heavy, so it also serves to hinder Type: Null’s agility. To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology.

This part makes me think Type:Null will be important in the climax. Maybe whoever awakens Solgaleo/Lunaala will use it in an attempt control them, or something to that effect.

EDIT:
Jangmo-o has the pride of a warrior, although it remains humble about its capabilities. In its pursuit to become stronger, it never neglects its training.
Now, this is interesting. This is from the official site, but training is often mention in the dex entries for Fighting-types - perhaps Jangmo-o's final form is Dragon/Fighting?

Last edited:

shadowF

Anyone think Type: Null will evolve? Also seems to me that Jangmo-o is our pseudo legendary pokemon, but what will its second typing be?

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Anyone think Type: Null will evolve? Also seems to me that Jangmo-o is our pseudo legendary pokemon, but what will its second typing be?

I don't think Type: Null will evolve, but I do think it'll have a helmet-less form at some point during the story.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
What subs and boats are you referring to?

You can see them in the little port town shown off in the Japanese Trailer.

What makes you think that Jangmo-o is the Psuedo? It's a Dragon, sure, but that doesn't make it the Psuedo (and may I remind you that there has never been a Psuedo that was revealed pre-launch).

Last edited:

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
It looks like Wishiwashi to me too.
Either way, the other one is definitely Bruxish.
Oh, I thought you meant the subs and boats. But yeah, that just looks like a stylized Wishiwashi to me.

The first one looks like wishiwashi to me. The second one like the pink new fish whose name I forgot :p

First one is definitely Wishiwashi's solo forme.

Second one... not sure. It could be that dolphin Pokemon from the leak.

It definitely is a Wishiwashi with those big half-shut eyes.

The second one does look like Bruxish.

Maybe I'm going crazy, but the first looks nothing like Wishiwashi to me in either form. :/

Leosnake

I doubt Null is the only one of its kind. I mean, there could easily be a Type: Void to go along with Null.

I see what you did there. Though I agree since Nully exists I doubt it will be the only Pokemon like that in the game. In fact what with both it and Magearna I fully expect to see at least one or two more man made Pokemon in regards to plot.

jake279

Ice Master
Ok first thoughts/impressions -

Alolan Raticate - HATE it. The first Alolan form that I don't love. i thought it was going to so savage and ferocious but they just made it fat and ugly.
Cutiefly evo - Meh. I much prefer Cutiefly. I didn't expect the evo to look so human-like. Not really a fan of the human-like pokemon.
Jangmo-o - I love it! 100% has a place on my team. I'm guessing it's the pseudo and may become dragon/steel or dragon/electric.
Type: Null - the design and concept are fine but I'd never use one. I hate hate hate it's name. I wish they had just called it Null. Especially since it does have a type - normal.
UB-01 - Again I hate the name, but I really like the design. It's cool. Genuinely clueless as to what type it will be though.

Now that they've announced the time difference I'm definitely getting Sun. I always preferred playing the games in the daytime.

I don't know why people think Lillie will be UB-01. That's crazy and i don't think it will be the case at all. They said she has something living in her bag, maybe that's UB-01 but no way is the person the pokemon. I don't know where you all got that from.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I wonder if there will be other Type: X Pokémon. There will be other Ultra Beasts, but I feel there will be other Types as well, especially considering:

"This Pokémon wearing a mask has been dubbed “Null,” meaning nothing. "

Which confirms Null is just its codename, which also works as its official name because it is artificial.

As a side note, its mask has the same bindings as Arceus', which also appeared in DP animé's climax on Dialga and Palkia when Red Chain binding them transformed into that.

Sutittaja

Lightning zebra
I really, really wish you can catch Type: Null during main story or it's wild encouter, because I REALLY love it. It gives me Shadow of the Colossus vibes and I am really big fan of quadrable Pokemon that looks cool.

Wingulltrainer

yeah if so it would be the most broken pokemon ever made

I'm wondering if it's this generation's mewtwo. With today's info dump, i'm starting to think this game will be ginormous. I have some concerns about it though; it seems to be focused more on solving puzzles than on battling pokemon, and the puzzle quests are my least favorite aspect of the game. Not sure how far i'll be able to get in the game. Don't like alolan raticate anymore than i like regular raticate.

Aleh

«Last Hope»
Shouldn't we have a separate thread to talk about Ultra Beasts? They are a different concept and after all, they aren't even confirmed to be pokemon yet.

Leosnake

Shouldn't we have a separate thread to talk about Ultra Beasts? They are a different concept and after all, they aren't even confirmed to be pokemon yet.

Maybe. But since Nully isn't an Ultra beast. That would mean starting a thread on the one creature. Which could very well turn out to be another category of Pokemon like Guardian.

NVM a new thread has been started.

Status
Not open for further replies.