• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erron Black

The Outlaw

DSDark

Breeder
The yellow heart on Jangmo-o's head makes me think it could end up being Dragon/Fairy

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
Jangmo-o is very cute and very cool looking. Soundproof as an ability is very interesting, basically a Dragon counter to Pixilate Hyper Voice Slyveon and Gardevoir. If Jangmo-o's evos are competitively viable and (i'm guessing) the pseudo, then I might have to slap Moonblast back on my Dragon killers.

I waited a bit to give my opinion on the new pokémon but here they are.
Type: Null: My favorite of the bunch by far. I think a chimera is a great idea, but my favorite detail is definitely the restraint helmet, particularly the Arceus-like collar. I find the typing a bit odd though since nothing feels Normal about it. I guess the idea is that the separate and somewhat opposing parts makes the whole pokémon not really tilt one way or the other(similarly to Tri Attack), but the lack of something like Ghost to hold it together is still a bit odd. Very curious about how rare(or even unique?) and strong it will be given the description.
Jagmo-o: It looks fine but I find it a bit generic. The description even more so than the actual design, nothing about it really stands out to me or feels unique. However there is a lot of potential for a really cool evolution, and there's no way this thing won't evolve. I can see it gaining Fighting or Steel down the road(or just stay pure Dragon). From the looks of it I think this is a pokémon that will go really well with Soundproof.
Cutiefly evo: Can't see it clearly, but it reminds me a bit of a "Disney fairy". I can't really form an opinion with so little footage.

Alolan Raticate: I don't have much to say about it besides that I find it rather disappointing and I prefer regular Raticate. Alolan Rattata is still cool though.

Need more information before I can really form an opinion on UB-01, and Ultra Beasts in general. I like how otherworldly it looks though.

BlitzGirl41

Regarding people's reactions to Null being Normal-type: In its blurb on the official website, it says: "To complete a certain mission, there was need of a Pokémon powerful enough to rival those Pokémon often spoken of in mythology." That tells me that it may end up being used against Solgaleo/Lunala. However, its typing only would protect if from Lunala's Ghost attacks. But still, it's something to think about.

Hauke_von_Arding

UB-01: I hope for now the name is just a code word with a different name possibly in the game. Ultra beasts sound like an interesting concept and I like the design of the first one. I see maybe only 4 ultra beasts being present one for each island in the game.

Ultra Beasts are most likely not pokemon.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I watched the Japanese trailer and it wasn't what I expected.

Turtonator's mouth isn't actually the hole.

That said I do like how Jangmo-o can set up on Sylveon locked into Choice Specs Hyper Voice assuming it has the moves to increase its stats like Dragon Dance. Bulletproof isn't so bad either imo.

Sakuraba

Jangmo-o is my bet for this gen's Pseudo. And I'm all in for that. He's on my team.

Null is interesting. Not much to say besides that. If he evolves or have another form then there would be some discussion.

Julia Artemis

Jangmo-o is my bet for this gen's Pseudo. And I'm all in for that. He's on my team.

Null is interesting. Not much to say besides that. If he evolves or have another form then there would be some discussion.

Especially if Jangmo-o is Dragon/Fighting he totally will be! If not than probably Bewear

Sakuraba

Especially if Jangmo-o is Dragon/Fighting he totally will be! If not than probably Bewear

Why? I don't get the "requirement" for lack of a better term. I'm more inclined to say Dragon/Steel just to **** on Pixilated Hyper Voice more. And Bewear doesn't seem like a Pokemon that would evolve further.

Thepowaofhax

Why? I don't get the "requirement" for lack of a better term. I'm more inclined to say Dragon/Steel just to **** on Pixilated Hyper Voice more. And Bewear doesn't seem like a Pokemon that would evolve further.

I'm calling Dragon/Steel due to it seemingly being more defense-inclined, especially with the abilities.

Julia Artemis

Oh I just usually like having one Fighting pokemon on my team. So having a Dragon/Fighting pokemon would be amazing. Maybe if it's Dragon/Steel I'll make space to use it but I do want a Fighting pokemon on my team. if not Bewear than maybe Crabrawler if it gets a good evo. Also maybe I wont need a flyer on my team with Pokeride. So that gives me more options, too.

R_N

I'm calling Dragon/Steel due to it seemingly being more defense-inclined, especially with the abilities.

On the other hand, Dragon/Rock is just as likely
I can picture it now, developing a rocky shell based on its canyon habitat

Ascended Dialga

When the words "Type: Null" first appeared on my screen, I thought for a second "Whoa! Typeless Pokémon are now a thing?!". Then I realized that was the Pokémon's name and I saw that it was Normal type. The fact that it's a manmade chimera Pokémon could easily explain its scientific-sounding name.

Jangmo-o looks pretty cute. I could totally see it evolving into a Dragon/Fighting type or something.

I find it interesting that the trailer didn't show the type(s) or ability of UB-01... and this is assuming Ultra Beasts even are Pokémon...

Thepowaofhax

When the words "Type: Null" first appeared on my screen, I thought for a second "Whoa! Typeless Pokémon are now a thing?!". Then I realized that was the Pokémon's name and I saw that it was Normal type. The fact that it's a manmade chimera Pokémon could easily explain its scientific-sounding name.

Jangmo-o looks pretty cute. I could totally see it evolving into a Dragon/Fighting type or something.

I find it interesting that the trailer didn't show the type(s) or ability of UB-01... and this is assuming Ultra Beasts even are Pokémon...
Are you sure Metroids didn't find their way into the Pokemon universe? UB-01 literally looks like a Metroid with longer tentacles.

Anyways, Type: Null does seem like, by its description, to be a single-evolution Pokemon that could have the capability of having a very high base stat total, it might be even 580 or so. But, then again, the pokedexes do sometimes have a habit of saying the most grandiose things just for it to be a lie.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan
Type:Null reminds me a lot of Absol. They are comparable in body shape, pose, their general tail shape, and the Roman-style helm plume reminds me of Absol's horn in terms of balancing out the design. While I'm sure the pokemon itself has nothing to do with Absol, I hope Absol was considered as a contributor to the chimera.

"The mask fitted to Type: Null’s head is a piece of equipment designed to control its latent powers." This makes me suspect an alternate form, possible stat boosts, or an evolution. Actually, since GameFreak is already breaking all rules, Type:Null could potentially evolve into a legendary. Why not?

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Jangmo-o: I really like this Pokémon! Finally a Dragon type that truly speaks to me. It has the potential to grow into something cool. I hope the crest ("scales") on its head develop and become its most prominent weapon.

Type: Null: A very curious and mysterious Pokémon. I like its overall appearance though I am unsure about how I feel about it's name (if that's the name they stick with). I would've been down with a name like 'Null'. Anyway, the fact that it is described as a chimera really makes me question how it came to be.

Cutiefly's evolution: I need a better look at this with the official art but AAAAH, it looks cute! :D I am not disappointed by it from what we have so far. I hope it pleases me even more once we get more detail on it. <3

Giblie

Dragon Pokemon Fan
Let me just say that I love Jangmo-o! Finally a dragon type that I'll truly like. Hopefully he becomes something cool! He has a definite spot on my team, however. :p

Type: Null is pretty interesting one imo. Being like a chimera and made up from several pokemon. It won't be on my team, but I will still train one.

Not sure on the Ultra Beasts yet. Quite mysterious though.

Loving these games!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.