• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

iggy the skorupi

So like what others are saying, I think Jangmo-o will be the pseudo legendary. I'm in the dragon/fighting camp, but wouldn't be sour if it ended up being dragon/steel. For my own thoughts on it though, I hope it remains grounded and on all fours, make it look ankylosaurus like with a big spiked club tail.

Type: Null has to be the worst named Pokemon ever, but it's design is so badass and mysterious, so the name can be over looked/nicknamed. There clearly is something more to it, and it probably is z move exclusive to it.

UB-01 is weird. I personally think it, and other ultra beasts, are from another dimension, similar but different enough from Girantia, and are based off the Lovecraftian Elder Gods. They can take human form, with UB-01 being Lillie, and the others being the Aether people (who will end up being the real bad guys, but that's for the other thread.)

Alolan Radicate is a cubby little guy.

Ace Kenshader

Dreaming sexy
So like what others are saying, I think Jangmo-o will be the pseudo legendary. I'm in the dragon/fighting camp, but wouldn't be sour if it ended up being dragon/steel. For my own thoughts on it though, I hope it remains grounded and on all fours, make it look ankylosaurus like with a big spiked club tail.

Type: Null has to be the worst named Pokemon ever, but it's design is so badass and mysterious, so the name can be over looked/nicknamed. There clearly is something more to it, and it probably is z move exclusive to it.

UB-01 is weird. I personally think it, and other ultra beasts, are from another dimension, similar but different enough from Girantia, and are based off the Lovecraftian Elder Gods. They can take human form, with UB-01 being Lillie, and the others being the Aether people (who will end up being the real bad guys, but that's for the other thread.)

Alolan Radicate is a cubby little guy.

No kidding. I literally did a double take and wasted a minute of my life because I thought they just announced a brand new type of Pokemon.

knightwolf09

Why's everybody bashing on Type: Null's name so hard? It's not even a legit name like Steve or Bob. It's just a codename that it was given because it was an experimental pokemon.

Class Zero

We have arrived.
Why's everybody bashing on Type: Null's name so hard? It's not even a legit name like Steve or Bob. It's just a codename that it was given because it was an experimental pokemon.

It's fine now that we know what it is... but when it was initially revealed, I feel the vast majority of people thought it was either a type-less Pokemon, or it had an ability called Type: Null... so yeah, those factors along with the kinda general weirdness of the name meant it was just a bit all over the place when it was revealed.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
It's just so... Odd. I get it was an experiment, but "Type: Null" doesn't sound like the name of some type of animal or creature.

DSDark

Breeder

The use of the phrase of Type is a bit jarring since pokemon have types

R_N

The use of the phrase of Type is a bit jarring since pokemon have types

They call the helmet "null" so I bet there's a couple other of these things (differnet chimera, not literally this in different helmets) running around with different named helmets or other assorted armors with the Type: <Name> moniker

knightwolf09

They call the helmet "null" so I bet there's a couple other of these things (differnet chimera, not literally this in different helmets) running around with different named helmets or other assorted armors with the Type: <Name> moniker

I think you misread. It says "This wearing a masks has been dubbed Null" They were referring to the creature itself. Not the mask.

R_N

I think you misread. It says "This wearing a masks has been dubbed Null" They were referring to the creature itself. Not the mask.

Ahhh, I see.

Well honestly, I can still see there being different kinds of chimera being made? Gladion, I think, refers to his as just "Null" outside battle which matches the description on the site "being dubbed "Null""
Just feels like it would lend itself to a different Type: X. Like a set of experiment naming conventions?

Either way I think they probably could have just called it "Null". Certainly less of a mouthful

G4Pokefan

THE AURA IS WITH ME
Wow that trailer was...wow. lol

But actually the thing that stood out for me was the Zygarde business. Finding the Z-cores in Sun and Moon, the Z-Moves. Seriously Zygarde should've/could've been part of the Gen 7 family rather than Gen 6.

knightwolf09

You can arguably say the same thing about Mewtwo/Porygon, but they were still given natural names.

Mewtwo is arguably a code name as well. Albeit a lazy one cause it's basically Mew 2 just put together as one word. Type: Null probably only got stuck with that name because whoever created him didn't bother giving it a real name.

yefluke

Dizzy Trainer
Up until now there might be 60+ new pokemon(including evos), but i don't think we will have 100++ new mons.

btw,We haven't seen new ice and dark pokemon yet.
Don't tell me that alolan ninetales line, sanshew line and rattata line are only those ice and dark pokemon we'll get...

It will be quite disappointed.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
I kind of like Type: Null, its a weird Pokemon, but I like it. I know its mostly likely a stand alone, but at the same time I am hoping it evolves and sprouts some wings when it does so to add on to its Gryphon like appearance although I will admits its more of a Gryphon/Chimera hybrid

knightwolf09

I kind of like Type: Null, its a weird Pokemon, but I like it. I know its mostly likely a stand alone, but at the same time I am hoping it evolves and sprouts some wings when it does so to add on to its Gryphon like appearance although I will admits its more of a Gryphon/Chimera hybrid

I'm not sure if it even can evolve.

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Status
Not open for further replies.