• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shingamon

The flying flame
personally i think that type: null was spliced from the tapus to control either the main legendaries or Marshadow. if you look at the hair on the top of tapu koko, its similar in shape but much brighter than on type: null and the helmet could be holding it down to make it look less like tapu koko. this also makes me believe that the other parts of type: null's body is from other guardians, such as maybe the front legs suggest a bug (and fairy) guardian. maybe the back legs are like that of either a dragon or fighting (and fairy) type guardian and the tail is from either a steel or water (and fairy) type. I'm assuming that the guardians are all part fairy type. but this is only an opinion/ speculation/ observation of mine, there is nothing to back it up.

PokeMon2.0

Cramorant is too cute for words!
The gold swan like pokemon swimming behind Hau?

Yes. That golden swan like Pokemon. There is also a statue of what looks like Morelull or its evolution.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Yes. That golden swan like Pokemon. There is also a statue of what looks like Morelull or its evolution.
I could be wrong but those don't appear to move at all. Could just be golden statues in the water.

You know what just occurred to me? This gen is going to end up including the Pokemon with the Pokedex number 777. It would be awesome if they gave us some kind of luck-based Pokemon like a shamrock or a lucky horseshoe (it wouldn't be the strangest concept ever). I doubt it, but a guy can dream...

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
You know what just occurred to me? This gen is going to end up including the Pokemon with the Pokedex number 777. It would be awesome if they gave us some kind of luck-based Pokemon like a shamrock or a lucky horseshoe (it wouldn't be the strangest concept ever). I doubt it, but a guy can dream...
Yeah, given how all we got was a cute little butterfly for the Dex number 666, I doubt we'll get something for 777.

PsychoIncarnate

I don't think we'll see Pokémon that Null is "made up of", because I believe it'd be way to dark to actually suggest something specific like "Null's tail is actually a chopped off Magikarp". I know I'd be disturbed a bit, let alone our younger fellow trainers.

Oh yeah, because I was so disturbed as a kid when I watched Digimon and saw Kimeramon

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
I just wanted to post before Wednesday my thoughts:

Rockruff evolution: Rock/Steel
Poplio evolution: Water Fighting
Rowlet Evolution: Grass/Flying
Litten Evolution: Fire/Ground

TheEliteEmpoleon

First, the number of the beast is 616, not 666. 666 is a Hollywood blunder.

Second, there's a bit of a difference between making a Pokemon based on a serious religious symbol and making one based on a simple fun superstition.

616 is Shelmet, first of all, which doesn't exactly help your point. Second of all, and more importantly, national pokédex number is entirely based on at what point the player encounters a specific pokémon in its debut game. Not much else to it.

PocketMonsterRealm

Since Crystal
Is the something else random guesses?

No, they are based off of website icon fishing and alchemy. Litten has a sulfur symbol on its head... Which is a ground substance by heated areas.
3key substances in alchemy is sulfur mercury salt
Rockruff is lead. Poplio is mercury and Rowley is salt. Mercury is a liquid.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
No, they are based off of website icon fishing and alchemy. Litten has a sulfur symbol on its head... Which is a ground substance by heated areas.
3key substances in alchemy is sulfur mercury salt
Rockruff is lead. Poplio is mercury and Rowley is salt. Mercury is a liquid.

If the alchemy hypothesis pans out, Popplio would be salt, not mercury. That would be Rowlet, as mercury represents air/wind.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
maybe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQDhc8PiMzw

however mercury is feminine and water is feminine.

and then we have the icons from the pokemon website of grass flying water fighting fire ground

The Japanese site has icons for every Type in its code. It doesn't indicate that those have to be the Starter's Types, especially since those Types don't match the designs of the final Evos.

Also, water isn't inherently feminine, and mercury (named after the greek GOD of the same name) certainly isn't feminine.

Status
Not open for further replies.