• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake279

Ice Master
A black widow spider would be perfect for a dark/bug type. It would be 100% female.
A steel/water swordfish could be cool.
A water/fighting Narwhal could be amazing if done right.
A sea slug that is water/bug. Evolves into a sea snail.
A goblin or nymph pokemon that is dark/fairy.
A peacock pokemon is screaming to be psychic/fairy type.
A komodo dragon inspired pokemon. It'd be nice to have a dragon type with no wings that walks on all fours. Dragon/poison type which has never been done before.
A gorilla that is part fighting type, its secondary typing could be pretty much anything. So many monkey/ape/sloth pokemon but no gorilla yet.
A scarab pokemon that is rock/poison could be really cool.
A bush baby pokemon. It's huge eyes would make it a perfect psychic type in my opinion.
A rock/grass stegosaurus. Rock/ice and rock/fairy could also work but have been done before.
A rock/dark velociraptor pokemon.
A hummingbird pokemon. Make it the smallest pokemon ever. Give it sound-based moves. Pure fairy type or fairy/flying or flying/grass if they want to get creative.
A woodpecker pokemon. Looks like the new pokemon revealed may be this. Surprised we've never had one before.
A snow owl. Starts off small and cute with huge eyes, evolves into majestic owl with huge wingspan. Ice/flying type.

Other type combos I want to see but can't think of what they could be - (ice/fighting, ice/poison, poison/fire, ice/fairy, fire/fairy, poison/fairy, bug/ice)

Xavier Iser

I am hoping that the Pokemon who evolve with the help of Sun and Moon stones will get some Mega Evolution love or be a major part of the story. It only sounds logical to me to have some sort of connection with these Pokemon.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm hoping a fossil of this gen is a Raptor based Pokemon

And that we finally get a Dragon Eeveelution. With a masculine appearance to counter Sylveon's feminine appearance.

Aetius

I wants lots of new Pokèmon with type combinations that are yet to be used or seen; for example:

Fire/poison
Dark/Fairy
Grass/Fire
Electric/ psychic
Fighting/Ground
Fighting/Ice

And many other ones, which, right now, are escaping my mind. :D

Sarefan

Hylden General.
For new typings:
Poison/Steel, Fairy/Fighting, Fire/Ice, Fire/Grass, Ice/Steel / Electric/Dark, Bug/Dragon, Fight/Dragon, Dark/Fairy edit darned forgot Fire/Poison!

Last edited:

BlackoutSLM

Elite Collector
As for new type combos I would love to see:
Bug/Fairy
Bug/Dragon
Fire/Poison
Normal/Ghost
Poison/Electric
Flying/ghost
Bug/Dark
Dark/Fairy

As for new pokémons I would like:
Dragon, Rock, Steel, Flying eeveelutions
Mosasaur
Poodle Moth
Dolphin
Koala
Cockroach
Mosquito

Last edited:

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
For the fossils, I would really like them to be based on Pleistocene Megafauna. We need fossils that are mammals, basically.

On topic of this, I hope we will get more Fossils, not just one duo of fossils.

We broke the whole 495 BST tradition. I don't see why this tradition shouldn't also be broken.

Sprinter1988

Hoping for plenty of new pokemon here:

Narwhal (Water/Ice)
Snowy Owl (Ice/Flying)
Stegosaurus (Rock/Grass)
Mosasaurus (Rock/Water)
Common Dolphin (Water or Water/Psychic)
Sperm Whale (Water)
Sea Snake (Water/Poison)
Whale Shark (Water)
Angel Shark (Water/Ground)
Marbled Electric Ray (Water/Electric)
Paddlefish (Water)
Clownfish (Water)
Swordfish (Water/Fighting)
Vampire Squid (Water/Dark)
Koala (Grass)
Wombat (Ground)
Flamingo (Flying/Fairy)
Peacock (Flying/Grass)
Dodo (Normal)
Platypus (Water/Poison)
Kangaroo (Fighting) - I know we have Kangaskhan, but I want something more agile with Bounce and Hi Jump Kick)
Komodo Dragon (Ground/Poison)
Basilisk Lizard (Water/Grass)
Anaconda (Dark) - has an ability that triples the power of moves like Wrap, Bind and Constrict. This makes Wrap's power 45 instead of 15, Bind's power 60 instead of 20 and Constrict's power 30 instead of 10, because, let's face it, those moves should be worse than they are, especially on an Anaconda!

Pegasus (Flying/Fairy) - possible legendary
Nymph (Water/Fairy) Dryad (Grass/Fairy) Oread (Ground/Fairy) (Water Nymph, Forest Nymph and Mountain Nymph respectively. Possible legendary trio. I know Celebi is kind of a Dryad already, but what the heck!)

New Eeveelutions - Poison, Ground, Fighting, Flying and Steel. (Not especially fussed about Dragon, tbh)

Regular evolutions for old pokemon - Farfetch'd, Mr Mime, Jynx, Sudowoodo, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Shuckle, Corsola, Spinda, Castform, Kecleon, Luvdisc, Chatot, Carnivine, Basculin and Carbink.

Mega evolutions for the Johto starters, Flygon, Butterfree, Ninetales, Raichu, Arcanine, Lapras, Milotic, Snorlax, Noctowl, Skarmory, Mightyena, Breloom, Luxray, Floatzel, Leavanny, Zoroark, Chandelure, Gogoat, Pyroar and Heliolisk.

On topic of this, I hope we will get more Fossils, not just one duo of fossils.

We broke the whole 495 BST tradition. I don't see why this tradition shouldn't also be broken.
I always wondered why we never got an equivalent to Aerodactyl in later generations.

As for what kind of fossils we will get, I too would like to see some Pleistocene mammals. That and I have always wanted a Dunkleosteus.

Lorrwyn

I dunno if this is the right thread but.. new typings for pokemon like
Golduck water/psychic
Onion Fairy Grass/Fairy
also ninetales Fire/Ghost

Last edited:

johno1995

I'd really like to see a Bug/Ice moth with a fur coat on and iciciles hanging from its crystal wings. Make it an offensive threat too, a literal glass cannon with great speed and Sp.Atk. I like that Bug's have become more of a threat in the past few generations. I've always had a soft spot for Bug types and their designs, and Ice type is another one of my favorites, so it's on my personal wish list.

I'd also like to see a Rock/Electric fossil (velociraptor anyone?) and a Rock/Poison one, just because I really like those combinations for their uniqueness. As long as we don't get another Rock/Flying and Rock/Water duo haha. Last gen had great fossils for the sake of variety, at least!

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I suppose so but hey i liked the amount of new water pokemon in Gen 3

I love water types for many reasons besides water type's few weaknesses. They frequently have interesting designs and type combinations, and I feel that anywhere would have good concepts for water types.
But yes, just because a place has lots of water does not necessarily mean (but it could be drawn from, as anything could) more new water types.

Aielyn

I def want a dolphin pokemon and it to be Water/Psychic since they are so smart. Also it would be fun if we could ride them similar to Gogoat or be able to race on them on a fun water race course.

Dolphins are so much associated with saving humans who are stuck out at sea that I'd suggest going Water/Fairy for them.

Actually, two families of dolphins would be great. One line would be Water/Fairy, based on the Bottlenose Dolphin, and the other would be Water/Fighting and based on the Orca. And to make a nice trio of Water types with similar forms, make a Water/Steel swordfish. Fighting, Fairy, and Steel form a trio like Fire/Water/Grass does.

Ones I want to see: Fire/Bug based on the Firefly, Water/Ghost based on the Banshee, Fire/Grass based on the Xiuhcoatl (Aztec fire snake, also associated with grass), and Grass/Dragon based on the Snapdragon (kind of flower).

Citizen Insane

Eh, life is a game.
Dolphins are so much associated with saving humans who are stuck out at sea that I'd suggest going Water/Fairy for them.

Actually, two families of dolphins would be great. One line would be Water/Fairy, based on the Bottlenose Dolphin, and the other would be Water/Fighting and based on the Orca. And to make a nice trio of Water types with similar forms, make a Water/Steel swordfish. Fighting, Fairy, and Steel form a trio like Fire/Water/Grass does.

Ones I want to see: Fire/Bug based on the Firefly, Water/Ghost based on the Banshee, Fire/Grass based on the Xiuhcoatl (Aztec fire snake, also associated with grass), and Grass/Dragon based on the Snapdragon (kind of flower).
Misdreavus/Mismagius are based on banshees, both should have been Ghost/Fairy.

Status
Not open for further replies.