• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXD17

Draco rex
That priority rock type moves is legitimately the scariest thing I've read. I hope that it'll be exclusive to just this pokemon cause I don't want to deal with a meta where my volcarona can be both Aqua Jetted and AccelRocked.

The version exclusivity gimmick is actually pretty fun, if confusing at first glance. I always kinda wondered howmthey would do version exclusive evolution and I got my answer.

I for one welcome accelrock. Not only does it prevent quiver-volcarona from sweeping, it's also a solid counter move for megazard Y.

Last edited:

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
There should be a Silver Bullet pokemon that would be effective against Rockruff and it's evo.

Problem is, Steel-types are pretty much only best used against Fairy-types or as defensive 'mons. Really, soaking it up can do the trick just fine.

knightwolf09

I also realized another thing. If the forms are influenced by Solgaleo and Lunala, does that mean they carry over they're typings too? Like Midday is Rock/Steel and Midnight is Rock/Ghost?

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
I also realized another thing. If the forms are influenced by Solgaleo and Lunala, does that mean they carry over they're typings too? Like Midday is Rock/Steel and Midnight is Rock/Ghost?

Basically, either a 4x weakness to Fighting or six weaknesses.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
There should be a Silver Bullet pokemon that would be effective against Rockruff and it's evo.

It's name is Scizor. We'll call Metagross and Lucario close 2nds, but Scizor is the penultimate Bullet Puncher.

Last edited:

BlitzGirl41

I still am not seeing actual proof/confirmation that these really are version-exclusive. I think they just linked them to the versions in CoroCoro due to the whole day/night mechanic. I'm still going to get Moon, but I may play with my 3DS clock or stay up late one night and see what happens to Rockruff. I really prefer its day evolution, looks legitimate and not ridiculous.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
It's name is Scizor. We'll call Metagross and Lucario close 2nds, but Scizor is the penultimate Bullet Puncher.

I get the feeling you only used that word cause you thought it sounded cool... If Scizor is the best Bullet Puncher (he is, by the by), then Metagross/Lucario would the the penultimate Bullet Punchers. ._.

/offtopic

Anyways it's great that we're finally getting a legitimate wolf, not a hyena pretending to be a wolf.

Oh and priority Rock-type move cause **** YOU TALONFLAME!!!

knightwolf09

I don't know why, but I feel like they would call it Lugrowl in English. It's fits with it's mythos of Loup Garou, plus from ruff to growl. It makes sense and it sounds kinda cool. In before the give it lazy naming.

DreamShield

I may not train one if I'm locked to midnight form in Moon, though it's not that much effort to train my Rockruff until almost evolution then get a friend to evolve it in Sun. I'll wait for more clear information though, obviously. I think it would be cool if it was a version exclusive evo, just for the novelty. It would probably switch to Espeon/Umbreon method in a later duo or third game anyways. Or maybe a place with strong sun/moonlight. Like a clearing or a cave with an area that concentrates light.

Tbh the colours and glowy eyes as well as the Moon association makes me think Ghost.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
I don't know why, but I feel like they would call it Lugrowl in English. It's fits with it's mythos of Loup Garou, plus from ruff to growl. It makes sense and it sounds kinda cool. In before the give it lazy naming.

Maybe Luhowl instead it's a tad more intimidating.

Both of these work due to lupine connection.

esquilo09

Both of these work due to lupine connection.

I admit, those names are better than Wolfierce and Howlasher.

I might be wrong but I hope they pull a Hoopa on Lugarugan and make both forms have a different category: Midday form should be Wolf Pokémon while its Midnight form should be Werewolf/Kaupe Pokémon.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

They probably evolve depending on which game you evolve it in, not where it originates. So if you want midday and you're playing Moon, you could just breed and train right up to the point of evolution, trade to somebody playing Sun, have them gain the little bit of experience needed to evolve it, or have them use a Rare Candy, and then trade it back.

That's what I was saying. But yeah I guess that's a possibility, but really makes it more like a more complicated trade evo.

Status
Not open for further replies.