• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_N

Knowing these games I'm sure they'll add some stupid, unique hold item you can give to either level up with or (more likely) trade to get the other one without needing to level it up in the other version.

because that's the answer to everything

Honestly I'm surprised it took them this long to do VE evolutions

There's nothing different about version exclusive evolutions/forms than version exclusive Pokemon. It's the same thing.

Mmmm, it's a little different here. If you want more Middays in Moon, you'll have to trade for it every time. Middays will just produce rockruffs and because I'm in moon I get the Midnights.

Unless, of course, they differentiate them like they will presumably do with Alolan forms. Where every rockruff bred from a midday will always be set to evolve into a midday.

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
There's nothing different about version exclusive evolutions/forms than version exclusive Pokemon. It's the same thing.

Yes, there is. A version exclusive Mon can be sent over and bred, so once you have one, you have as many as you want. Version exclusive Evos would mean that, even if you traded for a Mignight Form Luarugan, it wouldn't open up access to more. Every time you wanted the form from the other version, you would have to trade, which would be annoying for those who only have one version, but who want to use the other Form competitively. Example: You could breed a Rockruff with the right Nature, Egg Moves, Ability, etc., but not be able to evolve it into the other form without trading it to someone, who would then have to level it up/do whatever was required to evolve it on their own. It's a total hassle, much more so than raising a version exclusive line.

Julia Artemis

I forgot we expected news on the 14th! :D That brightens up my night. I truly hope we get to see its evolution(s)! I'm such a fan of birds and I want to know if I will end up picking it in my team. I also wanna see if it gains a new type as it evolves. :3

Same! I want to see if I should use Pikipek or one of the Oricorios. Leaning towards Pom form

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Anybody try to guess the English name yet? And are we thinking the two will have different names?

If so, my guesses are:

Midnight- Nightwere, Midnine, Cerebus, Canox, Moongrel
Midday- Howlios, Hyperuff

That's all I have right now. The Midnight ones were so much easier, lol.

As for typings, I'm gonna guess:

Midnight- Rock/Dark, Rock/Ghost
Midday- Rock, Rock/Fighting

Dragga

Questing Beast
if I was going to guess an English name, my first guess is just "Wereruff" to be honest.

Bus

Anyone know what time we should be expecting news tomorrow?

Wadeledge

Till all are One

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Anybody try to guess the English name yet? And are we thinking the two will have different names?

If so, my guesses are:

Midnight- Nightwere, Midnine, Cerebus, Canox, Moongrel
Midday- Howlios, Hyperuff

That's all I have right now. The Midnight ones were so much easier, lol.

As for typings, I'm gonna guess:

Midnight- Rock/Dark, Rock/Ghost
Midday- Rock, Rock/Fighting
From the looks of it, both forms are counted as the same Pokémon so they have the same name. I'm thinking something like Wereruff could be its name, but I feel like it'll be something else.

future.newyorker

I'm kinda having a new feelings about Lugarugan. Just here me out.

Everyone keeps referring to the "secret about Rockruff and the starters" and how Rockruff is like a pseudo starter. Well, it has also been said that the starters will play a much more important role in the game. What if it's the same for Lugarugan? What if the reason that Lugarugan's forms are version exclusive is because during the story they play an important role? Then my previous point from a few pages back comes into play that after the legendary that reigns over the Alola Region from each version has been put in check and the time/environment goes back to how Alola used to be, you gain access to the other form of Lugarugan, so you'd have access to Midday in Moon and Midnight in Sun. Same thing with the starters if they are given version exclusive evolutions.

clbgolden12

I'm kinda having a new feelings about Lugarugan. Just here me out.

Everyone keeps referring to the "secret about Rockruff and the starters" and how Rockruff is like a pseudo starter. Well, it has also been said that the starters will play a much more important role in the game. What if it's the same for Lugarugan? What if the reason that Lugarugan's forms are version exclusive is because during the story they play an important role? Then my previous point from a few pages back comes into play that after the legendary that reigns over the Alola Region from each version has been put in check and the time/environment goes back to how Alola used to be, you gain access to the other form of Lugarugan, so you'd have access to Midday in Moon and Midnight in Sun. Same thing with the starters if they are given version exclusive evolutions.
Wait, where was it said the starters would play an important role in the game? I don't remember that.

TheEliteEmpoleon

Wait, where was it said the starters would play an important role in the game? I don't remember that.

It was stated at some point that the starters will play a more important role than previous ones have, or something to that tune. If you haven't heard that by now I don't know what to tell you.

Lykouros

Sandslash fan

What if the reason that Lugarugan's forms are version exclusive is because during the story they play an important role?

I don't believe they said they will, just that they might.

So I'm not the only one who really dislikes the fact the Midnight Luarugan has no super long lush tail? Honestly, this is the only thing that really bothers me about Moon form...

Also version exclusive evo's? Please no, that would make things more complex then need be! Besides that they will more then likely switch to the evo during day/night in later games so why do version exclusive evo's now?

You are definitely not alone. Maybe there is something of a gimmick to it but man it annoys me.
I can understand the version exclusive evo's as one of gamefreaks, "socialize" things. It's hit or miss for me I'm just bummed that my version (moon) got the bad evo. I really like midday form and I'm the only one I know who plays the pokemon games. Also I have a thing about being my pokemons OT....

clbgolden12

It was stated at some point that the starters will play a more important role than previous ones have, or something to that tune. If you haven't heard that by now I don't know what to tell you.
Nope, I haven't heard about that. Was it during E3 or something?

... Or are you referring to the secret the starters and Rockruff have?

knightwolf09

Nope, I haven't heard about that. Was it during E3 or something?

... Or are you referring to the secret the starters and Rockruff have?

I can't remember that either, but some bells are ringing about the e3 meet up in the starters sections.

Shraeder

It's Lit
I think Lugarugan day form might be my favorite new Pokemon, it just looks so cool! Is it confirmed that the forms are version exclusive or do they just revolve around the day-night cycle?

future.newyorker

I'm fairly certain it was said in an interview, maybe not e3, but I could be wrong. Though I know for a fact it was said officially somewhere. Just like the legendaries will play a role in these games unlike any other legendary has before. (This was definitely said at e3.)

WolfCypher

Rugarugan is funny. There are people who like either Rugarugan, and there are those that don't like one or the other, or neither. They've elicited criticisms I've found...somewhat funny when considered together.

"Day Rugarugan has been criticized by some as being too plain and too boring and under-designed; it's too safe and doesn't try anything new in its design"
"Night Rugarugan has been criticized by some as being too try hard and too over-stylized; it's too much and not very "Pokémon-safe""

So...Rockruff's evolution is...what? Both too much and not enough?

Anyway, I'm happy with it, happier it gets a Rock-type Quick Attack.

future.newyorker

I think Lugarugan day form might be my favorite new Pokemon, it just looks so cool! Is it confirmed that the forms are version exclusive or do they just revolve around the day-night cycle?

As of right now, it's been officially said that they are "version exclusive". Though post game might change that (which is my theory).

knightwolf09

Rugarugan is funny. There are people who like either Rugarugan, and there are those that don't like one or the other, or neither. They've elicited criticisms I've found...somewhat funny when considered together.

"Day Rugarugan has been criticized by some as being too plain and too boring and under-designed; it's too safe and doesn't try anything new in its design"
"Night Rugarugan has been criticized by some as being too try hard and too over-stylized; it's too much and not very "Pokémon-safe""

So...Rockruff's evolution is...what? Both too much and not enough?

Anyway, I'm happy with it, happier it gets a Rock-type Quick Attack.

What's funny about it? That's the pokemon fandom in general XD Everyone's opinions and tastes are all over the place.

Status
Not open for further replies.