• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leosnake

Julia Artemis

So we can assume that the island guardians are going to fight the Ultra Beasts. Reminds me of Gen 4 with the connection between the Lake guardians and Dialogs and Palkia

Bus

Any chance the totem guardians will come together and form some kind of tiki megazord?

No idea, but I love that idea now that I've heard it lol.

Im glad to see Beauty is the Moon exclusive beast; I'm not a super huge fan of Absorption. It looks way too bulky; like Pokemon tried to make a version of Bane or Broly and gave it a Mosquito head; it just looks overdone to me lol. I like the simplicity and sleek design of Beauty.

BlitzGirl41

No idea, but I love that idea now that I've heard it lol.

Im glad to see Beauty is the Moon exclusive beast; I'm not a super huge fan of Absorption. It looks way too bulky; like Pokemon tried to make a version of Bane or Broly and gave it a Mosquito head; it just looks overdone to me lol. I like the simplicity and sleek design of Beauty.

Even I, not being a fan of these Ultra BEasts at all, have to agree to that. I'd take Beauty over Absorption (why the heck did they change that from Expansion...?) any day.

R_N

Even I, not being a fan of these Ultra BEasts at all, have to agree to that. I'd take Beauty over Absorption (why the heck did they change that from Expansion...?) any day.

Probably so it deviates from dirtier jokes.

Also probably fits a mosquito man a little better

Redcoat

Does anyone think that Drampa will get a pre-evolution? I hope so. A tiny version of Drampa would be cute!

I sure hope so. I'd love it to be a three-stage line with a child(or baby)/adult/elder sort of motif, but I dunno if they'd reveal the final stage like that so early. Still, here's hoping it has a cute pre-evo either way!

--

Okay, because I’m a giant loser with nothing better to do (and also have other, more important things that I’d rather procrastinate, har har) I’ve compiled a list of all the new species’ Types that have been revealed so far! (It’s also served as a nice refresher for myself personally.)

Please point out any errors for my tired, tired eyes and my lazy, lazy hands to fix. And I didn't include Alolan forms. If someone wants to C&P to edit them in, be my guest.

5+ revealed:
Normal – Komala, Pikipek, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Drampa, Stufful, Bewear, Type: Null
Fairy – Mimikyu, Comfey, Cutiefly, Morelull, Tapu Koko, Magearna

5 revealed:
Grass – Rowlet, Bounsweet, Fomantis, Lurantis, Morelull
Water – Popplio, Bruxish, Wimpod, Wishiwashi, Pyukumuku
Bug – Grubbin, Charjabug, Vikavolt, Cutiefly, Wimpod
Electric – Charjabug, Vikavolt, Togedemaru, Oricorio, Tapu Koko
Ghost – Mimikyu, Oricorio, Sandygast, Palossand, Lunala

4 revealed:
Ground – Mudbray, Mudsdale, Sandygast, Palossand
Psychic – Bruxish, Oricorio, Solgaleo, Lunala
Fire – Litten, Salandit, Oricorio, Turtonator

3 revealed:
Steel – Togedemaru, Solgaleo, Magearna
Dragon – Drampa, Turtonator, Jangmo-o
Fighting – Stufful, Bewear, Crabrawler
Flying – Pikipek, Minior, Oricorio

2 revealed:
Rock – Rockruff, Minior

1 revealed:
Poison – Salandit

None revealed:
Ice
Dark

Obviously we know the Rockruff2 twins and Cutiefly2 exist but I’ve left them out due to lack of official confirmation on their Types. They would presumably add +1 to Rock (and perhaps another Type(s)), Bug and Fairy. Plus, Oricorio appears five times because of its various Formes.

So far, Poison, Ice and Dark have gotten the short end of the Reveal stick. In addition, Togedemaru is the only non-Legend Steel-type so far.

What else are you all hoping for or expecting?

I'm leaning towards Steel-type evos for both Pikipek and Jangmo-o. Maybe we'll also get some kind of Steel-type ukulele Poke, or is that too on the nose? =P

Getting to see at least one Ice or Dark-type before release would be nice anyway, even if they were awful, just to know that no Type was left behind.

Last edited:

Orphalesion

^ So when I look at my favourite types:

Fairy (you forgot Cutiefly btw!): 4 non-legendary lines, three of which are fairly interesting (and one of which is a floating lei), I guess that's the best one can hope for after the fairy spam last season. Though that's probably just me being greedy, four new non-legendary lines is actually pretty good ^-^ Though I'm still hoping for Fairy/Fire (non-legendary) Though there is also the possibility still of a Water/Fairy Pop3, which would make me very happy.

Grass: Also 4 non-legendary lines (one of which is, of course, the starter) Rowlet and Morelull are cool, not a fan of Bounsweet and, especially, the Formantis line. Coudln't we have something more creative than pure grass types? There's still a lot of types grass hasn't been paired up with, or that only have been used once or in legendaries and forms. This is Hawaii, we should have waaay more new Grass lines. Would be cool to still get at least Grass/Fire and/or Grass/Electric this gen.
I also long for another Grass/Water type, I'd even be happy with just an Alolan variant that has that typing, as long as its more decorative than Ludicolo.

Water: Really still expecting more, though I like all of the ones that have been revealed so far (assuming Popplio becomes the Mermaid)

Bug: Well better than last gen when our only new bug type was an overhyped butterfly with a gimmick I, personally, didn't very much care for. The Grubbin line, the Cutiefly line and Wimpod are all pure awesome and with unique/rare type combinations. Still hoping for a few more (this is Hawaii after all) still waiting on the Bug/Dark housefly though... and on a cockroach... and an earthworm

Ground: Also a definitive step up from last gen. I like Mudsdale and I absolutely adore the Sandygast line.Still, can we maybe get the earthworm in addition to those?

Dark:.....waiting.....-_-....waiting...

Redcoat

Fairy (you forgot Cutiefly btw!)

I just knew there had to be at least one missing! XD Thanks. Will edit it in. That's also interesting since that now makes Fairy the second-most populous Type of revealed new species so far. I guess the Fairies are playing catch-up.

I'm also really hoping for Water/Fairy Popplio3. That mermaid is so glorious, when I first saw it, I actually considered if I should change my starter choice from Rowlet to Popplio.

I second the cockroach idea! I've wanted one for years now. And a Bug/Ground earthworm would be really neat. More bugs and creepy-crawly things in general, actually.

Fairy Queen

Lover of the Fairy type
^ So when I look at my favourite types:

Fairy (you forgot Cutiefly btw!): 4 non-legendary lines, three of which are fairly interesting (and one of which is a floating lei), I guess that's the best one can hope for after the fairy spam last season. Though that's probably just me being greedy, four new non-legendary lines is actually pretty good ^-^ Though I'm still hoping for Fairy/Fire (non-legendary) Though there is also the possibility still of a Water/Fairy Pop3, which would make me very happy.

Grass: Also 4 non-legendary lines (one of which is, of course, the starter) Rowlet and Morelull are cool, not a fan of Bounsweet and, especially, the Formantis line. Coudln't we have something more creative than pure grass types? There's still a lot of types grass hasn't been paired up with, or that only have been used once or in legendaries and forms. This is Hawaii, we should have waaay more new Grass lines. Would be cool to still get at least Grass/Fire and/or Grass/Electric this gen.
I also long for another Grass/Water type, I'd even be happy with just an Alolan variant that has that typing, as long as its more decorative than Ludicolo.

Water: Really still expecting more, though I like all of the ones that have been revealed so far (assuming Popplio becomes the Mermaid)

Bug: Well better than last gen when our only new bug type was an overhyped butterfly with a gimmick I, personally, didn't very much care for. The Grubbin line, the Cutiefly line and Wimpod are all pure awesome and with unique/rare type combinations. Still hoping for a few more (this is Hawaii after all) still waiting on the Bug/Dark housefly though... and on a cockroach... and an earthworm

Ground: Also a definitive step up from last gen. I like Mudsdale and I absolutely adore the Sandygast line.Still, can we maybe get the earthworm in addition to those?

Dark:.....waiting.....-_-....waiting...

YES YES YES to the cockroach and yes to the earthworm. I always wanted a bug type cockroach with like magic guard and gigantic HP (because they are so hard to kill) and because the bug type with the highest hp is Yanmega at 86 :/ And I always wanted a Bug/Ground Earthworm or Termite Queen.

And for a Fairy/Water I'd like to see a Fairy Shrimp. Obviously why.

Orphalesion

/ And I always wanted a Bug/Ground Earthworm or Termite Queen.

A termite Queen would be marvelous! And now, with different forms being so popular and starting to get widespread we could have a Termite pokemon with different forms to represent the different castes within a termite hive; a huge Bug/Ground Queen Form,a Bug/Steel Minor Soldier form, a Bug/Poison(or Bug/Fire) Mayor Soldier Form and a Bug/Grass worker form...

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
A termite Queen would be marvelous! And now, with different forms being so popular and starting to get widespread we could have a Termite pokemon with different forms to represent the different castes within a termite hive; a huge Bug/Ground Queen Form,a Bug/Steel Minor Soldier form, a Bug/Poison(or Bug/Fire) Mayor Soldier Form and a Bug/Grass worker form...
So adding on to the Durant line?

Status
Not open for further replies.