• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Well I'm not a Pokémon sycophant. Just because I like something doesn't mean I must love everything about that media. I won't get too heated about this because...well, its not worth it, I know I'm as big a Pokémon fan as you think you are, but I can love this franchise and I still should be able to admit I don't like some of the Pokémon we get, and that shouldn't automatically invalidate me as a fan.

No I said it's my opinion, as I said earlier it doesn't matter but don't worry sir, you're a pokemon fan in your head all in all and to whoever else considers such!

I hope the bouncsweet evo's aren't too much like the Roselia line. Budew and Bounsweet remind me of each other. I'm really hoping for that grass/fire type!

R_N

Bounsweet reminds me more of Cherubi than Budew so I'm guessing it won't turn into a weird flower hands leaf hero.

Though ideally if it "blooms" it wont just be alola cherrim, haha

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Bounsweet reminds me more of Cherubi than Budew so I'm guessing it won't turn into a weird flower hands leaf hero.

Though ideally if it "blooms" it wont just be alola cherrim, haha

ooo yeah, they really have a few of those small cute grass pokemon that all look like the size of a head :p I still could still see it having an inkay evolution that you need to turn it upside down (itbounces on it's head), and then it's bottom starts on fire, which would now be it's head.

WolfCypher

I was considering Bounsweet for my Moon team, but then Lurantis happened. Still, I'm waiting for Bounsweet's evolution to be revealed.

I may be the only one, and I know it won't happen, but I want Bounsweet to evolve into a (literal) Dragonfruit, with draconic features (its still a fruit, mind you) and Grass/Dragon typing.

It won't happen, but whatever it evolves into, I hope it strives higher than Cherrim-levels of blergh.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I was considering Bounsweet for my Moon team, but then Lurantis happened. Still, I'm waiting for Bounsweet's evolution to be revealed.

I may be the only one, and I know it won't happen, but I want Bounsweet to evolve into a (literal) Dragonfruit, with draconic features (its still a fruit, mind you) and Grass/Dragon typing.

It won't happen, but whatever it evolves into, I hope it strives higher than Cherrim-levels of blergh.

Also I take back what I said about the fan thing, you're a fan through in through in my eyes :D

I think that could be cool too, this idea for a draconic dragonfruit, but I'd still prefer it to be grass/fire if they can just give it fiery draconic features XD

Luthor

Ordinarily i'd really like the dragonfruit idea as it would be cool to have a dragon like that. But i'd be highly shocked that they'd have another grass/dragon given Alolan Exeggutor is introduced this time around. It's still possible but i doubt it at the moment.

Charmander27

Very Melon
I highly doubt that a dragonfruit Pokémon would be dragon type, as that joke doesn't translate to other languages. It only works in English. Even farmers don't call it dragonfruit; that's just a consumer name, like clementine, and not the real name of the fruit.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
I highly doubt that a dragonfruit Pokémon would be dragon type, as that joke doesn't translate to other languages. It only works in English. Even farmers don't call it dragonfruit; that's just a consumer name, like clementine, and not the real name of the fruit.

There's Pokemon based on puns/quirky things/sayings in other languages. Wobbuffet comes to mind, it's literally based on a famous Japanese stand up comedian.

Never underestimate how much TPCi loves their puns.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitaya
i know its wiki, but the dragonfruit is commonly called the dragonfruit in other languages as well apparently.

Hauke_von_Arding

Dragonfly also only works in English... but they did it.

Julia Artemis

Honestly the only reason I'll use Bounsweet if it's the Flygon of grass Pokemon. So hoping they do this since otherwise seems useless ala Cherim

future.newyorker

Back on the topic of missing Ice and Dark types. I'm fairly certain that there will be quite a few new Ice types, seeing as how there is a very large icy mountain.

R_N

Back on the topic of missing Ice and Dark types. I'm fairly certain that there will be quite a few new Ice types, seeing as how there is a very large icy mountain.

there was an entire ice mountain with icy town, 2 icy routes and an ice gym and XY added 2 new ice families, one of which was a fossil and thus not normally available, so its probably not the best thing to expect. Especially when we have ice retypings for encounter filler.

future.newyorker

there was an entire ice mountain with icy town, 2 icy routes and an ice gym and XY added 2 new ice families, one of which was a fossil and thus not normally available, so its probably not the best thing to expect. Especially when we have ice retypings for encounter filler.

But because of the fact that we only got two new Ice families in XY, that's another reason I think we'll get quite a few.

PsychoIncarnate

This is the first gen I had fire types compete to be on my team...I like Salandit, Marowak and especially Turtinator. I also was considering picking Litten but I don't like his wrestling theme

Status
Not open for further replies.