• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoveMcQueen5683

So I planned out most of my teams for Sun and Moon.

Sun:
Litten
Rowlet
Popplio
Palossand
Lugarugon

Moon:
Alolan Raichu
Alolan Raticate
Alolan Exeggcutor
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Marowak

Just waiting on two new pokemon to strike me as team worthy and obviously one has to be Alolan for my Alolan Team.

Last edited:

TyLogic

One thing I was Dying to see in this gen was the fairy types, sense fairy is the most recent. I wanted to see what gen 7's fairy types looked like compared to fairy types of gen 6. I gotta say i'm shocked. don't get wrong the new fairy types are amazing. But they look nothing like the fairy types of the last gen. There seems to be a lot of them too. I guess they gotta make fairy types more proportional in quantity compared to other types. Now i'm dying to see new Ice and Dark types.

scififan21

I'm with everybody who want more Ice and Dark types. We got retypings of 1st gens, but I want some cool new ones as well. Though I love the Ice Vulpix/Ninetails hoping to catch one.

WolfCypher

I hope you can get to the ice area early enough in the game. Usually the ice area is late in the region's exploration. It feels weird that Pokémon like Sandshrew and Vulpix might be late-in-the-game catches if the ice areas are near the end of the pre-credits.

scififan21

I hope that's not the case. Here is a question I just thought of how will Ice Vulpix evolve? Seems weird to use a Fire Stone on an Ice Type. XD

TyLogic

I hope that's not the case. Here is a question I just thought of how will Ice Vulpix evolve? Seems weird to use a Fire Stone on an Ice Type. XD

Too true.i thought the exact same thing. Another question is- if vulpix has another evolution method does that mean that possibly other pokemon will too? what if sandshrew doesn't evolve via level up in alola? what if exeggcute needs to be traded holding a dragon fang? that last one doesn't really make sense but they are just FULL of surprises aren't they.

one more thing. Yungoos isn't from Alola. I've been wondering if Yungoos and Gumshoos are Alola forms of a gen 8 pokemon.

aerial_ace

Not including legendaries xy introduced 32 families. 2 months till pokemonsun and moon comes out not icluding island guardians n legends we already have 30 different species . Considering we still dont have iceor dark types i think it is safe to say we will have lots more new pokemon to choose from then xy. This for me was the biggest downfall of gen6 so little new pokemon intruduced. I understand they had mega evolution but it was temporary change and u couldnt encounter megas in the wild.
Apart from bewear line and bruxish i more or less like every pokemon introduced. It will be hard to pick my final 6 this gen i think.

TyLogic

I'm kinda certain that we will have more than 72 pokemon but part of me is worried that sun and moon will pull a gen6 and only make 1 ice or dark type and make it version exclusive. or something of the sort. if not i wouldnt be surprised if you could only find ice types in one location in the whole game.

TyLogic

So,did we get the actual CoroCoro scans(not leaks)?It's the 17th now...

IIRC we got the corocoro scans. They revealed the UB-02's and midday and midnight lugarugan.

Sponge

I'd hazard a guess that midnight Lugarugan is going to be our first new dark type. (Rock/Dark)

However I would agree that Ice and Dark types are pretty lacking right now in terms of new Pokemon. Poison isn't doing too well either if you consider it only got one family last gen and currently only has one new in Salandit. So I'm hoping to see more of those types revealed soon.

You would think that a tropical, humid region would have no shortage of poisonous creatures.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

I'd hazard a guess that midnight Lugarugan is going to be our first new dark type. (Rock/Dark)

However I would agree that Ice and Dark types are pretty lacking right now in terms of new Pokemon. Poison isn't doing too well either if you consider it only got one family last gen and currently only has one new in Salandit. So I'm hoping to see more of those types revealed soon.

You would think that a tropical, humid region would have no shortage of poisonous creatures.

My first guess was part Dark aswell but I feel Fighting could happen as well. Would be nice if it is Dark if only to give us are first of the Gen. However, the scand showed it battling Bewear. I don't remember what it attacked with but I assume a Fighting move which makes it unlikely it'll be part Dark since then it would be 4x weak to Fighting and Counter unlikely would have happened. Not sure what to expect for Midday.

I feel the fact they haven't revealed any most likely means they will be on the lower end. A shame but it happens every time with a type, besides Gen 5 I guess.

Bounsweet reminds me more of Cherubi than Budew so I'm guessing it won't turn into a weird flower hands leaf hero.

Though ideally if it "blooms" it wont just be alola cherrim, haha

Bounsweet is totally Hoppip made over lol

I hope that Salandit gets an evolution. It has a lot of potential to be something really great.

I would be very surprised if it didn't. Its description actually points out that it isn't very powerful, so for them to leave it as a standalone Pokemon would be really insulting to it. As Magikarp, Feebas, Bagon, and Goomy (and probably quite a few others) show, a Pokemon that starts out impaired in some way (where the impairment is one of their showcased features) will usually end up evolving to rectify that.

Happy Hydreigon

Kahuna Mikah
If I had to guess, I would say that Midnight Lugarugan would be Rock/Dark, but Midday looks a bit more vague, I'd hope they wouldn't make it pure Rock, and give it a secondary type, and I'd personally love for it to be Rock/Fairy, but I doubt it, Rock/Normal seems more likely.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Too true.i thought the exact same thing. Another question is- if vulpix has another evolution method does that mean that possibly other pokemon will too? what if sandshrew doesn't evolve via level up in alola? what if exeggcute needs to be traded holding a dragon fang? that last one doesn't really make sense but they are just FULL of surprises aren't they.

I doubt the evolution method would change. They may be a different variant, but it's still the same pokemon.

This is also why I feel Alolan Ninetales will still know some Fire-type moves, just as Alolan Marowak will still know some Ground-type moves.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
If I had to guess, I would say that Midnight Lugarugan would be Rock/Dark, but Midday looks a bit more vague, I'd hope they wouldn't make it pure Rock, and give it a secondary type, and I'd personally love for it to be Rock/Fairy, but I doubt it, Rock/Normal seems more likely.

Absolutely nothing would be of benefit to it being Rock/Normal. Nothing. It'd open it up to a horrid 4x Fighting weakness for absolutely nothing. Flavorwise, it would be silly. So no, I hope to Arceus that you are wrong.

I can definitely see the Midnight Forme being Rock/Dark (I previously said that, along with several others). Given the Counter reference, another Rock/Fighting would also be very useful and aesthetically fitting (it's bipedal, upright and clearly can use its front claws in defense). Rock/Dark fits it well, but Rock/Fighting would be that surprise twist that Game Freak is always seeking. Whatever they go with they cannot go wrong with Midnight Forme.

Rhynox

Absolutely nothing would be of benefit to it being Rock/Normal. Nothing. It'd open it up to a horrid 4x Fighting weakness for absolutely nothing. Flavorwise, it would be silly. So no, I hope to Arceus that you are wrong.

I can definitely see the Midnight Forme being Rock/Dark (I previously said that, along with several others). Given the Counter reference, another Rock/Fighting would also be very useful and aesthetically fitting (it's bipedal, upright and clearly can use its front claws in defense). Rock/Dark fits it well, but Rock/Fighting would be that surprise twist that Game Freak is always seeking. Whatever they go with they cannot go wrong with Midnight Forme.

I don't know about absolutely nothing. I thought Alolan Raticate was getting the short end of the stick being normal/dark for a lot of the same reasons. The more I think about it though, it does have its advantages. Normal is a decent offensive type, getting some hard hitting stabs. I personally love facade. Plus a ghost immunity can be super nice too

DSDark

Breeder
I doubt the evolution method would change. They may be a different variant, but it's still the same pokemon.

This is also why I feel Alolan Ninetales will still know some Fire-type moves, just as Alolan Marowak will still know some Ground-type moves.

However it doesn't make sense for a Ice type to evolve using a fire stone. Every other alolan form, yes I would agree those evolution methods will remain the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.