• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
I wonder if I'm the only one that hates the Midnight evolution... It's design feels "off" to me, especially with that dorky grin permanently pasted onto its face. It's color combination is off-putting, and the way it's animated in-game is really dumb-looking, swinging its arms around the way it does. It looks like some demented Loony Tunes characters. Sadly, I am getting Moon and I don't intend to change my preorder, so I'll just need someone to trade a Midday form to me... :(

Nah, quite a few people have taken a disliking to it.

My only problem with the Midnight Lugarugan is its smile. It makes it look goofy. Cover up the smile, and it looks ten times more vicious.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
They both look fully evolved to me, and even then I doubt just one of them will evolve and not the other.
I have no problem with their heights like some people do. Depending on how they are measured they might be a bit smaller than real wolves but not by much.

wouldn't they be dog wolf hybrids anyways? It screams wolf dog more than wolf to me, especially with middays description of being loyal.... Even the werewolf doesn't look as much werewolf as it does werewolfdog.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Soooooooooooooo hype. In addition to Bowtie-Owl and awesome Wolf (love the name btw Lycanroc A+), we now have Football-Monkey.

This is so many intersections of things I'm obsessed with at once! Was thinking of using Crabrawler but now I'm 100% using Passimian.

BlitzGirl41

Nah, quite a few people have taken a disliking to it.

My only problem with the Midnight Lugarugan is its smile. It makes it look goofy. Cover up the smile, and it looks ten times more vicious.

Agreed. Getting rid of the grin would be an improvement.

Grey Wind

They both look fully evolved to me, and even then I doubt just one of them will evolve and not the other.
I have no problem with their heights like some people do. Depending on how they are measured they might be a bit smaller than real wolves but not by much.

I actually just noticed their heights now, they're... really small. I was expecting something around the size of Luxray, not an Eeveelution.

Wadeledge

Till all are One
Well it is a wolf. I think they are roughly that tall.

Googling "average wolf height" indicated that Grey wolfs are approximately 2.6' to 2.8' tall at the shoulder (which is what you would measure Lycanroc by btw) so they got it bang on.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
I wonder if I'm the only one that hates the Midnight evolution... It's design feels "off" to me, especially with that dorky grin permanently pasted onto its face. It's color combination is off-putting, and the way it's animated in-game is really dumb-looking, swinging its arms around the way it does. It looks like some demented Loony Tunes character. Sadly, I am getting Moon and I don't intend to change my preorder, so I'll just need someone to trade a Midday form to me... :(

What's so bad about the color? It reminds me of raw meat which is what comes after something gets killed. Perfectly fitting for something like a viscous-looking wolf that looks like it wants to murder something right off the bat imo.

And we still don't know if the Chinese meant an "Abominable Snowman" i.e. something like a Yeti or a "Frosty the Snowman" character. I'm so much hoping for the Yeti kind.

I vaguely remember hearing that there is a Hawaiian legend of a creature that's superficially similar to the Yeti? Can anybody verify that or is my mind making up stuff to deny the possibility of a backyard snowman pokemon?

We already have Abomasnow, whose Pokedex entry explicitly states "It is the abominable snowman."
Given that fact I think it would be better for variety if the snowman is more of a Frosty.

I wouldn't be too surprised if these new primates had prevos, but I highly doubt either of them will have an evo. Either way they're both awesome.

Anthea

I like the design of ruby monkey
It's like rapidash levels of realistic

As opposed to the moon exclusive gorilla and his ... Musdcale level of goofiness

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I like the design of ruby monkey
It's like rapidash levels of realistic

As opposed to the moon exclusive gorilla and his ... Musdcale level of goofiness

They're a lemur and an orangutan, actually :)

TyLogic

Hmmm. So since this is the last September trailer. Then that Loboxter, Dulfrost, and Hakuku (or whatever it's name is) leak or rumor is a lie.
Sad really. I actually kind of liked the snowman. I wonder what the real one will look like?

strikeZone13

Merc with a mouth
Hm I like both version exclusive monkeys.

I'm kind of disappointed they're focused on double battles though.

-edit-
I'm aware of the difference between monkeys and apes, I used monkey as a shortening device.

Last edited:

wunderkind

I'm also not a fan of MN Lycanroc's grin. It's just kinda weird-looking, especially when it's open. I definitely prefer MD form more. I do really like its name though.

Also looking at his front-facing art, MN Lycanroc looks like quite the edgelord. New Gladion team member confirmed?

The primates look pretty interesting, although their gimmicks apparent double battle focus makes it unlikely that I'll use either on my in-game team.

HydroBR

I could be overthinking it, but this is a speculation thread, so...

People have been scratching out the possibility of a New Eeveelution after it's Z-Move only showing the 8 we have. However, as of Serebii's Z-Moves page, the Japanese name for that Z-Move is Nine Evol-Boost.

I find it weird/unlikely that they would count Eevee as an evolution, so could that mean that we're getting a new Eeveelution, which they edited out of the move animation so that they could announce it later? Or is the translation just wrong, or misinterpreted?

Also, loved the new monkeys/primates/apes/whatevers! Passimian might just get a slot on my team. A shame their abilities are exclusive to double/triple battles, though.

Last edited:

TyLogic

I could be overthinking it, but this is a speculation thread, so...

People have been scratching out the possibility of a New Eeveelution after it's Z-Move only showing the 8 we have. However, as of Serebii's Z-Moves page, the Japanese name for that Z-Move is Nine Evol-Boost.

I find it weird that they would count Eevee as an evolution, so could that mean that we're getting a new Eeveelution, which they edited out of the move animation so that they could announce it later?

Also, loved the new monkeys/primates/apes/whatevers! Passimian might just get a slot on my team. A shame their abilities are exclusive to double/triple battles, though.

I love Passimian too!

I doubt it. When they showed Eevee being captured the pokedex only had 8 pokeballs. No eeveelution. Maybe next gen though. Can't wait to see Toxeon! :D

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
They both fall into the primate lineage, albeit in different parts of the phylogenetic tree.

Oranguru > Parsimmion (Fight me bro!)
Kidding, but that is my personal opinion.

Yes, but they still aren't monkeys, and that's just fine by me. I adore monkeys, but it's nice to see more love given to the other primates out there.

Also, I'm starting with Moon, so I'm getting Oranguru first regardless of how I feel about it, but it might be just the right fit for my team, depending on how things work out with Poppliovely (will it be Water/Fairy, will it have two forms, etc.).

Still, I like them both, and will likely use both at some point.

Status
Not open for further replies.