• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfCypher

When I first saw it I was like "I've seen this kind of monkey before...". It looks like a regular monkey but it doesn't at the same time. An oversized lemur with other monkey traits would be best when describing it. You could say "But it's way to big to be a lemur". And to that I say this... It's pokemon. Making things smaller or bigger than they actually are, and mixing one species with another in the same family or near the same family is not uncommon.

I don't mean to be rude or anything but still. At the end of the day if you see a lemur then you see a lemur. If you see a lemur with other traits, then you see a lemur with other traits. If you see a different kind of monkey, then you see a different kind of monkey. If you see a gorilla then you see a gorilla.
It doesn't really matter because GF made it, so what it really is will always be a little ambiguous. I'm sorry if I came off as rude.

Game Freak sure loves to mix simians with other animals...Pig Monkeys...Sloth Apes...

But I really only see lemur when I look at Passimian.

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Really like the two monkey Pokemon, I may consider using Passimian on my Sun team though I not too sure about Oranguru if I end choosing Lunala for my Moon team. Also the animation for Lycanroc's Midnight Form makes it look a bit better though I still prefer its Midday Form.

racal

people love forms, no one is running out of ideas.
haven't you seen the ENDLESS artwork of pokemon variations or pokemon forms? if not check it out because as I said, people love that ****.

This actually answers my question: I must be the only one who thinks that, haha! :D

I personally loved Gen 4 because of all the extra evolutions to existing Pokemon they added. I would have loved to see that again (especially new Eeveelutions).

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
This actually answers my question: I must be the only one who thinks that, haha! :D

I personally loved Gen 4 because of all the extra evolutions to existing Pokemon they added. I would have loved to see that again (especially new Eeveelutions).

lol people were basically bagging gamefreak for forms based on all the artwork, so if anything the fanbase asked for them :p
but I agree, I love the extra evolutions to existing pokemon as well. They're some of my favorite pokemon, although eevee's new forms are getting old imo.

Tropios

':o Me is stinky??'
Am I the only one thinking Game Freak is clearly running out of inspiration? We already have at least 15 monkey Pokemon (same for cats and butterflies), and they just added 2 new ones AGAIN. And given Eevee's Z-move, we clearly won't have a new Eeveelution... I'm really disappointed.

They're just adding forms, forms and forms for existing Pokemon. It makes things confusing and there's no real innovation so far.

Then why have we gotten a ton of new unique abilities, moves and type-combinations, all inspired by the things they are based on and heavily featured in their animations? We are getting a sea cucumber, wolf, koala, beefly etc. all for the first time and you only focus on the monkeys and such, while even those are based on monkeys we never got before.

If you don't like them, that's your opinion and you're completely entitled to that, but you honestly can't say they're running out of ideas when we know of more unique concepts and new features already than some gens had in their entirety. They're putting an incredible amount of effort in these games.

HydroBR

it could just be counting eevee as the 9th member

True, that was my first thought, but it sounds weird to count Eevee as an Eeveelution. Unless the Z-Move makes it evolve when leveling up, or it triggers an Ash-Greninja-like evolution.

That would explain not only the name and animation of the Z-Move, but also the lack of PokéDex slot TyLogic pointed out, since it would work similar to an Mega Evolution, therefore being another form of the same Pokémon.

JennyJackson

Khezu Whelp
(hooray, i finally remembered my password...)

Personally, I've loved almost every single pokémon revealed so far! Even Bruxish. (because let's face it, triggerfish aren't pretty irl either) I'll be grabbing a Passimian from a buddy. I love lemurs. (totally not naming it zoboomafoo... nope.)

I'm pretty happy with my choice to pick up Moon, because Lunala and Lycanroc: Midnight are both some of my favourite designs to come out of gen 7 so far. I'm also loving the ridiculous Ginyu Force-esque Z Moves. xD

Gen 7 is honestly the most hype I've ever felt from a Pokémon game since Gen 3, I can't wait for Christmas now! :D

racal

Yes, yes you are, well, the only one who seems to say so as a valid concern instead of spouting nonsense like others. While we may have 15 "monkey Pokemon" an orangutan and a lemur are completely new to the series at least, let alone a Rugby playing lemur. If you're disappointed with what we have so far, then that's your opinion and I'd fight for your right to have it.

It really seems like I'm the only one who thinks that indeed, haha! :) Call me old fashioned but I'm just a big fan of Gen 4. I was just hoping for simple Eeveelutions (Dragon and Bug type), an evolution to Lapras, a pre-evolution to Onix, etc. I'm not really excited about Sandshrew's new form and Pikachu going all Dragon Ball Z with its Z-move. But who am I kidding, I'll buy those games anyway... :)

marrycherrylips

this region better be huge. we know 45 of the new pokemon already and there's still over a month before release. if they try and pull another small region out im not gonne be happy. either way, even if there are a hundred new pokemon we know almost half of that. its not fun knowing so many before the release with plenty of time for more

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I don't like either Lycanroc but the new apes make up for it. I adore them both and I might even need to recruit Passimian from someone's Sun game.

aerial_ace

Not the biggest fan of these two new pokemon. Lemur is unique in design with cool ability for doubles but i dont think i would ever use it. Oranguran is just horrible. I honestly hate psychic types so many of them i hate over 7 gens and this one is not helping ....
Rockruff evo is just awesome both of them. When first released i liked midday form more but after a trailer i think i like midnigt form. Its cry is just .... So incredibly fitting to design love it. One thing bugs me tho. Even just by limited info we have on two forms its clear to me they are pushing for midday form to be much better.... Sand rush compared to vital spirit accelrock compare to counter. Also pure rock for both of them is slightly disappointing but at least no quad weakness. Hopefully midnight form we get some awesome hidden ability it can use to help in a counter attack style of battling
Also do u guys think we woulf still need to wait for specific time to ebolve roclruff?? I think it would make literally no sense if midnight form could evolve in bright sunlight.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
MMMMMMMM I love all the new Pokémon!

Lycanroc! I don't really understand why its night form isn't Rock/Dark or something, but whatever, I'm getting Sun and prefer its day form anyways. It may even make a spot in my team...

Passimian, our "rugby monkey" at long last, and he looks awesome! His ability will be great during doubles/triples, and overall I love the design. May also make a spot on my team, so glad he's an exclusive to Sun! :D

Oranguru is pretty cool as well. The name is perfection, and its signature move seems like it can do some seriously great strategies. Also, Harambe.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Also do u guys think we woulf still need to wait for specific time to ebolve roclruff?? I think it would make literally no sense if midnight form could evolve in bright sunlight.
The lore is that Lunala's power is dominant in the world of Pokemon Moon, and this would apply regardless of time of day as its not the night itself that is influencing Rockruff's evolution so much as the dominance of Lunala's power (and even in the real world the moon can be visible in daylight).

Though of course this raises the question of how they will have Rockruff evolve in future games, but chances are they will alter something or make something new just like they did for Milotic.

Sulfurian

I could see the wolf form stats looking like this:

(Day)

HP:70
Attack:110
Defense:70
Special Attack:50
Special Defense: 90
Speed:130

Midnight

HP: 70
Attack:130
Defense: 90
Special Defense: 70
Speed:110

R_N

I could see the wolf form stats looking like this:

(Day)

HP:70
Attack:110
Defense:70
Special Defense: 90
Speed:130

Midnight

HP: 70
Attack:130
Defense: 90
Special Defense: 70
Speed:110

I can see midnight being a slower, more defensive bruiser

at least i'd hope so considering the big move its being showcased with is Counter

Wadeledge

Till all are One
The lore is that Lunala's power is dominant in the world of Pokemon Moon, and this would apply regardless of time of day as its not the night itself that is influencing Rockruff's evolution so much as the dominance of Lunala's power (and even in the real world the moon can be visible in daylight).

Though of course this raises the question of how they will have Rockruff evolve in future games, but chances are they will alter something or make something new just like they did for Milotic.

In future games they could easily just make it a time of day evolution.

HydroBR

For all we know, Lycanroc's forms could have the same stats, right? We know that they have different abilities and move pool to some extent, so it could turn out their differences are just those, like Meowstic.

One could say that would make them underwhelming, since they're supposed to fill completely different roles (apparently Midnight relies on countering, so would benefit from having higher HP, while Midday should be more straightforward damage dealer, and would enjoy higher Attack/Speed). However, the same could be said about Meowstic, since male should be support and female offensive, and they ended up having the same, underwhelming, balanced stats.

Last edited:

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
For all we know, Lycanroc's forms could have the same stats, right? We know that they have different abilities and move pool to some extent, so it could turn out their differences are just those, like Meowstic.

One could say that would make them underwhelming, since they're supposed to fill completely different roles (apparently Midnight relies on countering, so would benefit from having higher HP, while Midday should be more straightforward damage dealer, and would enjoy higher Attack/Speed). However, the same could be said about Meowstic, since male should be support and female offensive, and they ended up having the same, underwhelming, balanced stats.
Of course its possible they could have the same stats, but the lore's focus on speed for Midday form and such certainly makes it sound like one is faster than the other at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.