• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sulfurian

I think Accelrock may be an egg move, unless it goes against Midnight form's concept. Since it seems from the Pokedex to endure hits and strike back.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Why are people so finicky about monkeys vs. lemurs? "I can't stand monkeys, but lemurs are okay!" They're not the same, but they share so many characteristics it just ain't funny.

I have a preference for lemurs (specifically the sifaka) because I have been exposed to this intriguing and special kind of animals as an infant with Zoboomafoo. I have grown watching lemurs every day on my favorite show and learned to appreciate their unique way of locomotion, their rarity and their appearance (which I find in most case a lot more approachable and curious than some monkeys).
Just like some animals are generally prefered over other species, I tend to prefer this interesting endangered species that learned to evolve independently from their monkey/apes cousins and become something similar yet original as well over monkeys, which we humans come from.

I never said I couldn't stand monkeys. But I find lemurs more appealing. And we also have a whole bunch of monkey Pokémon: lemur just got their first and I am thrilled about that.

Last edited:

ABC595

Only getting one Metal Coat in GSC was disappointing. Having to trade to get a VERSION EXCLUSIVE!? DISAPPOINTING!? Come on.. People are getting so entitled these days. "Moan!!! I can't send my level 100 EV and IV-bred team from OrAs over to Sun and Moon to immediately start trashing people that are starting over until a month and a half after the games release!!! MOAN!!!"
My issue is more that in the next generation they will have to create a new mechanic for it so it will be confusing in the future.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
You know it's possible they have the same stat spreads

yeah that's why i said possibly?

Only getting one Metal Coat in GSC was disappointing. Having to trade to get a VERSION EXCLUSIVE!? DISAPPOINTING!? Come on.. People are getting so entitled these days. "Moan!!! I can't send my level 100 EV and IV-bred team from OrAs over to Sun and Moon to immediately start trashing people that are starting over until a month and a half after the games release!!! MOAN!!

Yeah that's not the only reason people are upset? I'm more upset because not only does that mean that some Pokemon will not be accessible until 2017, it means that Shiny Charm won't be either.

Last edited:

R_N

Support yes but defensive? Any thing specific that gave you that impression? As I said in a different thread the stats do work (though not optimized of course) for both. (Well with the BST they have anyway) They both need and have moves that work with high speed, and the close special stats and low attack work for both (male just dosen't have female's coverage moves, it still has it's stab to use,)

i conflate defense & support roles a lot, my bad

PokeAJ

I think Midnight Lycanroc would look awesome with a deep purple or royal blue hue in place of the red. Hopefully for the shiny.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I think Midnight Lycanroc would look awesome with a deep purple or royal blue hue in place of the red. Hopefully for the shiny.

Midnight Blue for Midnight Lycanroc and a Golden Yellow for Midday Lycanroc would be really cool imo

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
I'd love if Midday's shiny was grey, like an actual grey wolf IRL.

Raging Ghost

Red Dragon Archfiend
I think they'll both be physical attackers, just trade defense for speed where appropriate.

The site says

it's got giant, very emphasized claws and its shtick is for some bizzare reason Counter.

None of this reads "special attacker." And the only reason I say defensive is solely so it can actually take a hit without crumpling.

Assuming it won't be hit with a Fighting, Water, Ground, Steel or Grass-type move.

Wingulltrainer

So far:

Moon: Rowlet, Lycanroc(Midnight form), and Alolan Meowth(asumming get a Alolan Persian)

Sun: (after getting both genders of the starters) Popplio , Lycanroc(Midday form), and Lurantis

Just depends if the starters get split evolutions XD
Also there are tone of Pokemon not seen. So it is all up in the air excluding Lycanroc and some starter on my team (always have a starter on the main team for the first play threw).
I wonder if formantis/ luremantis will be moon exclusive.

Sulfurian

So after doing some pokemon calculator math I can conclude some of the base HP of the psychic ape pokemon and Lycanroc.

In the japanese trailer @3:28 we see his health is 74 at level 21, which with 0 ivs means he has a base 103 HP stat.

VERY briefly at 3:58 do you see the Sun form's hp at level 43, which is 122. Again, with 0 ivs this comes to a base 81 HP stat.

How do I know it's 0 ivs? majority of pokemon they've shown in trailers with the trainers always have 0 ivs in hp

Lizzard

Master Wannabe
So what will happen if Wishiwashi and Passimian are fighting as a pair, and wishiwashi gets defeated? Passimian will get schooling? How it would be used? And when he's paired with Shedinja, will he get Wonder Guard?

R_N

So what will happen if Wishiwashi and Passimian are fighting as a pair, and wishiwashi gets defeated? Passimian will get schooling? How it would be used? And when he's paired with Shedinja, will he get Wonder Guard?

It probably works like Illusion or Stance Change. Those can't be copied period.

Trace copies Wonder Guard, so I presume Passing can too.

goodpeople25

Not sure what abilities (if any) would be incompatible with receiver, but if he can get schooling odds are by how Zen Mode work it just won't do anything for any pokemon but wishiwashi.

scififan21

Is anybody really excited for version exclusive forms? I personally love the idea and it adds so much to make the two games different. I love the Moon exclusive already and hope for more.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer

Probably just as R_N said it would be.
That said, if schooling does turn it into a hurricane of lemurs, that would be stupendous

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Is anybody really excited for version exclusive forms? I personally love the idea and it adds so much to make the two games different. I love the Moon exclusive already and hope for more.
Eh, I'm ok with it on Rockruff, but I hope the starters don't get the same thing.

Metafogos

A possibilitie:

If the Rockruff evo is because the power of the box legendary....

Maybe we can get any evolution if we team the Rockruff with the box legendary, like Mantike/remoraid and Panchan/Any dark evolutions.

(but you only can get the exclusive evolution after get the other box legendary by trade...)

kawaiiconcept

TOP OF THE MORNIN'
A possibilitie:

If the Rockruff evo is because the power of the box legendary....

Maybe we can get any evolution if we team the Rockruff with the box legendary, like Mantike/remoraid and Panchan/Any dark evolutions.

(but you only can get the exclusive evolution after get the other box legendary by trade...)

hmmm
I dont see that happening.
Rockruff seems like a pokemon you get to catch early in the game
I highly doubt people would want to wait all the way untill they get the box legendary.
a good theory though

Erron Black

The Outlaw
So my current teams right now are:

Moon: Popplio, Midnight Lycanroc, Cutiefly, Bewear, Alolan Marowak, and Alolan Sandslash
Sun: Rowlet, Jangmo-o, Salandit, Komala, and Midday Lycanroc
Sun playthrough #2: Litten and Passimian

I really want to save a slot or two on each team for an Alolan Form, so I'm hoping nothing else really piques my interest for my first Sun team. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.