1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Generation VII Discussion' started by afrior, Feb 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sulfurian

Sulfurian Well-Known Member

I think Accelrock may be an egg move, unless it goes against Midnight form's concept. Since it seems from the Pokedex to endure hits and strike back.

2. Everlasting

Everlasting Everything stays.

I have a preference for lemurs (specifically the sifaka) because I have been exposed to this intriguing and special kind of animals as an infant with Zoboomafoo. I have grown watching lemurs every day on my favorite show and learned to appreciate their unique way of locomotion, their rarity and their appearance (which I find in most case a lot more approachable and curious than some monkeys).
    Just like some animals are generally prefered over other species, I tend to prefer this interesting endangered species that learned to evolve independently from their monkey/apes cousins and become something similar yet original as well over monkeys, which we humans come from.

I never said I couldn't stand monkeys. But I find lemurs more appealing. And we also have a whole bunch of monkey Pokémon: lemur just got their first and I am thrilled about that.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  3. ABC595

ABC595 Well-Known Member

My issue is more that in the next generation they will have to create a new mechanic for it so it will be confusing in the future.

4. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

yeah that's why i said possibly?

Yeah that's not the only reason people are upset? I'm more upset because not only does that mean that some Pokemon will not be accessible until 2017, it means that Shiny Charm won't be either.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  5. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

i conflate defense & support roles a lot, my bad

6. PokeAJ

PokeAJ Well-Known Member

I think Midnight Lycanroc would look awesome with a deep purple or royal blue hue in place of the red. Hopefully for the shiny.

7. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

Midnight Blue for Midnight Lycanroc and a Golden Yellow for Midday Lycanroc would be really cool imo

8. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

I'd love if Midday's shiny was grey, like an actual grey wolf IRL.

9. Raging Ghost

Raging Ghost Red Dragon Archfiend

Assuming it won't be hit with a Fighting, Water, Ground, Steel or Grass-type move.

10. Wingulltrainer

Wingulltrainer Well-Known Member

I wonder if formantis/ luremantis will be moon exclusive.

11. Sulfurian

Sulfurian Well-Known Member

So after doing some pokemon calculator math I can conclude some of the base HP of the psychic ape pokemon and Lycanroc.

In the japanese trailer @3:28 we see his health is 74 at level 21, which with 0 ivs means he has a base 103 HP stat.

VERY briefly at 3:58 do you see the Sun form's hp at level 43, which is 122. Again, with 0 ivs this comes to a base 81 HP stat.

How do I know it's 0 ivs? majority of pokemon they've shown in trailers with the trainers always have 0 ivs in hp

12. Lizzard

Lizzard Master Wannabe

So what will happen if Wishiwashi and Passimian are fighting as a pair, and wishiwashi gets defeated? Passimian will get schooling? How it would be used? And when he's paired with Shedinja, will he get Wonder Guard?

13. R_N

R_N Well-Known Member

It probably works like Illusion or Stance Change. Those can't be copied period.

Trace copies Wonder Guard, so I presume Passing can too.

14. goodpeople25

goodpeople25 Well-Known Member

Not sure what abilities (if any) would be incompatible with receiver, but if he can get schooling odds are by how Zen Mode work it just won't do anything for any pokemon but wishiwashi.

15. scififan21

scififan21 Well-Known Member

Is anybody really excited for version exclusive forms? I personally love the idea and it adds so much to make the two games different. I love the Moon exclusive already and hope for more.

16. Wryteous

Wryteous Rogue Trainer

Probably just as R_N said it would be.
    That said, if schooling does turn it into a hurricane of lemurs, that would be stupendous

17. clbgolden12

clbgolden12 Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer

Eh, I'm ok with it on Rockruff, but I hope the starters don't get the same thing.

18. Metafogos

Metafogos Well-Known Member

A possibilitie:

If the Rockruff evo is because the power of the box legendary....

Maybe we can get any evolution if we team the Rockruff with the box legendary, like Mantike/remoraid and Panchan/Any dark evolutions.

(but you only can get the exclusive evolution after get the other box legendary by trade...)

19. kawaiiconcept

kawaiiconcept TOP OF THE MORNIN'

hmmm
    I dont see that happening.
    Rockruff seems like a pokemon you get to catch early in the game
    I highly doubt people would want to wait all the way untill they get the box legendary.
    a good theory though

20. Erron Black

Erron Black The Outlaw

So my current teams right now are:

Moon: Popplio, Midnight Lycanroc, Cutiefly, Bewear, Alolan Marowak, and Alolan Sandslash
    Sun: Rowlet, Jangmo-o, Salandit, Komala, and Midday Lycanroc
    Sun playthrough #2: Litten and Passimian

I really want to save a slot or two on each team for an Alolan Form, so I'm hoping nothing else really piques my interest for my first Sun team. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.