• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orphalesion

I'm not fond of Jangmo-o line's evolutions. Too much scale and it doesn't attract me to use it on my first playthrough.

I couldn't disagree more. I positively LOVE Jangmo-o's evolution. i wasn't fond of the base form when they introduced it, but Jaranga? I love it I lo-o-ove it! To me it is a wonderful, unusual, plated shogun-raptor! And I love its snout and the plates hanging from its "helmet" and its tail and the fact that it stands like an actual bipedal dinosaur, not a human. It's my favourite dragon this gen (considering the other is hideous) and might be my new third-favorite dragon (after Flygon and Dragalge) in general.

As far as silvadi goes...wow I didn't expect that under its helmet. I like the design and the evolution method, I just wish it was a bit more different from the base firm. how come this is an evolution and Wishiwashi's glorious fusion fish isn't? Oh well...I'm just glad it does evolve. And I really, really like the background story ^-^

edu1987

I looooove the Jangmo-o's evolution line also! I hope we can get it relatively early in game, like we had the opportunity to get other dragons in XY (before the second gym if I'm not wrong).

Type-null's evo is also amazing! This gen is really gonna be epic!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Is the Jangmo-o line now confirmed to be the pseudo? Or at most considered so?

Not yet. The part that Jangmo-o's full evo is part of a 3-stage evolutionary line is the only thing that it shares in common with pseudos, which isn't enough to confirm it to be a pseudo. It takes a while to know its BST, most likely at least when S&M comes out but what I know about pseudos are that they share a 600 BST.

Last edited:

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Not yet. The part that Jangmo-o's full evo is part of a 3-stage evolutionary line is the only thing that it shares in common with pseudos, which isn't enough to confirm it to be a pseudo. It takes a while to know its BST, most likely at least when S&M comes out but what I know about pseudos are that they share a 600 BST.

I believe it will more likely end as the Flygon/Haxorus of this Gen.

Grey Wind

Not really sure how I feel about Jangmo-o's evos. The middle stage is ugly and awkward but the final stage is pretty cool, if a tad over designed. I like the colour scheme and the headdress style on its head, but it's body/proportions are kind of weird to me. Love the typing though.

Didn't expect Type: Null to evolve at all, but Silvadi is pretty sweet. I'm kind of thinking it'll be a Scyther to Scizor situation where the BST doesn't increase because Type: Null seems complete on its own.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
While I like its design, I'm a little disappointed if Silvadi is an actual "evolution". It just removed its helmet.

As for the Jangmo-o line, I can understand that there are mixed opinions about them.
(...because some people expected too much again and everything that don't meet their standards is ugly to them)
Personally, the scale make it seem a little overdesigned but I like it nonetheless.
It could be the pseudo, but a part of me wishes that it isn't. Not all pseudos are dragons anyway (Tyranitar and Metagross). But oh well.

Cutty

Forever now
Jangmo-os' evolutions are rad, if not ugly. I mean at first yh they look ugly, but I like the different designs of dragon pokemon in every generation.

Silvadi reminds me of a rooster, it's okay I guess. Its ability is also rad, but doesn't scream new.

And finally Alolan Grimmer which will evolve into Alolan Muk I hope. Its just gross and awesome at the same time. It has poop around its mouth.

Akashin

While I like its design, I'm a little disappointed if Silvadi is an actual "evolution". It just removed its helmet.

Its fin and head also turned white. It gives me the impression that friendship 'purified' it, so to speak.

I'm hoping this is a Scyther/Scizor sort of situation, where on paper its an evolution but it feels more like a Form Change. I'd be okay with that, since evolution caries a bit more permanency than a Form Change, and I doubt Type: Null can repair and reattach its helmet at will.

GDK

Yeah a fish turned into a big school of fish shaped like a big fish : it's a form.

Type null removes it's helmet : OMG EVOLUTION WORTHY.

WTF gamefreaks?

Well at least it ends the riddler ******** since he said type:null was a single stage pokemon.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
To people who don't believe in the connection to Arceus: what did you think the AR in AR-System meant?

Action Replay.

I'll see myself out..

what does it mean for Gladion I wonder... is he villian or more of anti-hero?

Oh he's DEFINITELY an Anti-Hero.

Him and Lillie are for sure not who they seem, and I'm not even talking about theories that consider that they might be Ultra Beasts. I'm simply noting that they might be related to Lusamine, but disagree with the Aether Foundation's true motives and are both working against them. Why Gladion would be in Team Skull is unclear to me, but I doubt he means any real harm.

I'm not fond of Jangmo-o line's evolutions. Too much scale and it doesn't attract me to use it on my first playthrough.

Agreed.

As for the Jangmo-o line, I can understand that there are mixed opinions about them.
(...because some people expected too much again and everything that don't meet their standards is ugly to them)
Personally, the scale make it seem a little overdesigned but I like it nonetheless.
It could be the pseudo, but a part of me wishes that it isn't. Not all pseudos are dragons anyway (Tyranitar and Metagross). But oh well.

Yeah, what if somebody puts on the helmet again? Does it devolve?!

Kidding, but with Type: Null, the official site said something how the helmet supressed its latent potential. Breaking the helmet is one thing, but by doing that it unlocked its latent potential which is probably the evolution - even though it doesn't change much. It does get noticably lighter though. The grey turns to white. We've seen plenty of evolutions that don't change a pokémon much. Grimer to Muk for instance.

I wasn't expecting too much for Jangmo'o's evolutions. Sure, if it turned into a gryphon/dragon that would've been awesome, but I expected the scales to become armor in a sense. I was actually expecting less, but they simply gave it too many scales for my liking. Like you said.. Overdesigned.

Akashin

Yeah a fish turned into a big school of fish shaped like a big fish : it's a form.

Type null removes it's helmet : OMG EVOLUTION WORTHY.

WTF gamefreaks?

Only one of those involves the Pokemon in question actually changing, so what are you surprised about, exactly?

Ajduk

To people who don't believe in the connection to Arceus: what did you think the AR in AR-System meant?

100% this.
Type: Null is definitely a failed clone of Arceus or a failed experiment to create one.
We're also getting D/P remakes where Arceus plays a huge part in the role of the region which makes it easier to tie up the two games (IF they are going to do that).

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I like Jararanga. Sure I expected a little more but it's just too damn dorky not to love.

B. Thunder Tiger

For me, I think it means Adaptive Response, meaning it responds to the effects of its hold item (like through that remote that Gladion is holding) and adapts to it, thus changing type....if that makes any sense.

Last edited:

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Ayy, rest of the leaks.

Jangmo-o's evos look good, but I was really getting hyped for a swordfighter theme... But still pretty cool.
Null v2 (I'm calling it that for now)... Looks AWESOME! This guy is definitely giving me the feel that he was an attempt at an artificial Arceus. But why the heck is it an evolution instead of just a form?

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
For me, I think it means Adaptive Response, meaning it responds to the effects of its hold item (like through that remote that Gladion is holding) and adapts to it, thus changing type....if that makes any sense.

Not even gonna hide it- when I saw AR-System, the first thing I thought of was 'action replay' XD You know, those cheating devices? Almost as if it's hacking in an ability that Pokemon has rarely given out (all the types). Adaptive Response sounds reasonable though.

yumenokage

faerie dragon ghost
I actually like jararanga. I really didn't like jangma-o, but it's final stage may lend it a spot on my team, at least in-game, even if it'll die if a fairy gets anywhere near it. Shiruvadi is pretty cool two, I suppose, though like others have said it's a bit weird that it doesn't change much other than losing the helmet. Still might raise one.

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I wonder if Type: Null evolving when it finds a trainer it trusts will play into its lore more than simply how it evolves. Like, maybe it was mistreated as an experiment and now harbors bitterness towards humans? And then evolves when it finds one who it can trust?

I don't care bout these new pokemon, I prefer quirky, goofy and derpy monsters, so they're clearly not my cup of tea.

Of course you're free to your opinion, but why limit yourself to liking one specific style of Pokémon? It'd be really boring if they always stuck to one style. I like the blend we get of goofy, cool, pretty and cute.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.