• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oarfish

#1 Lanturn Owner
I could go into the deep (heh...) vein of undersea creatures that I love that would make good Pokémon.
Everything from a Water/Dark? Vampire Squid (we can always use more squid Pokémon) to an Oarfish Pokémon (at least part Water).
Of course fish and cephalopods are not my only ideas. They range from a Giant Isopod to some type of Siphonophore. I would love any such ideas for Pokémon, and I would especially like some less common-knowledge ideas to become Pokémon.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
So I'm just going to poke the fires a bit

859Wh3P.png

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Off of the top of my head:

Water/Dark Dolphin
Mosasaurus
Rock Raptor
Wolf
Dimetrodon

Aielyn

Misdreavus/Mismagius are based on banshees, both should have been Ghost/Fairy.

It's possible I've gotten a partial crossed memory on this - I'm thinking of the myth of the drowned woman who tempts men into her embrace, drowning them in the process. I thought that was one of the banshee myths. Whatever the myth is, I'm saying I'd like a pokemon based on that.

freezer1

Ice-type Fanatic
A new Pokemon with high speed, good HP and Avalugg-style lopsided defenses that learns Wonder Room! It's a move that's always intrigued me, but no Pokemon that can learn it can use it very well.

What I want most this Gen is at least one hundred Pokémon. Kalos may have introduced a new type and Mega Evolution, but it's number of new mons was sadly lacking and I was extremely disappointed. Every generation previously had given us at the very least 100 new Pokémon.

That said, I don't want them to go crazy overboard. I think all the Unovan mons have their merits, like all other Pokémon do if you look for them, but they were trying for a reboot so many of them were old concepts with new twists and I don't want that to happen with too many of the new mons unless they're evolutions/pre-evolutions.

I would like to see another mon with a branched evolution based on time of day. It evolves into one thing when it reaches a certain level during the day and another thing at night. We've had mons that need to level either during the day or night, but not both aside from Eevee, who in this case doesn't count because it was the one to introduce it in the first place. I don't want it to depend on friendship levels either—just the time of day.

Last edited:

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I would like to see another mon with a branched evolution based on time of day. It evolves into one thing when it reaches a certain level during the day and another thing at night. We've had mons that need to level either during the day or night, but not both aside from Eevee, who in this case doesn't count because it was the one to introduce it in the first place. I don't want it to depend on friendship levels either—just the time of day.

I would like to see more different kinds of branch evolutions myself. One that I was thinking of was that a Pokemon would evolve based on the amount of happiness it has. It would evolve into 2 different paths depending on whether it has high or low happiness. They had plenty of Pokemon have evolutions based on high happiness, but I think it'd be interesting to see the opposite happen too

MechaBulba

King of the Monsters
If this new bird is a woodpecker then that leaves only 2 birds left on my wish list A peacock and a flamingo.
they don't even have to be flying types.

Flamingo - Fire Type - wades in lava
Peacock - Typing? could be anything tail made of fire/ice/leaves. Maybe an offensive Steel/Electric type with its tail as a solar panel? or a clockwork bird. It could even have insane stats and be a gimmick with Slow Start, or super low stats then an ability like speed boost that slowly raises all of its stats and it "winds up"

Last edited:

Italianbaptist

Informed Casual
If this new bird is a woodpecker then that leaves only 2 birds left on my wish list A peacock and a flamingo.
they don't even have to be flying types.

Flamingo - Fire Type - wades in lava
Peacock - Typing? could be anything tail made of fire/ice/leaves. Maybe an offensive Steel/Electric type with its tail as a solar panel? or a clockwork bird. It could even have insane stats and be a gimmick with Slow Start, or super low stats then an ability like speed boost that slowly raises all of its stats and it "winds up"

A solar panel Pokemon that gets a stat boost in the daytime?

What type combos have we not explored? I saw some good discussion on Fire/Poison in the starter thread. Also I'm amazed we still don't have a ground/fighting Pokemon yet. It just screams for a wrestling/grappling Pokemon.

Saiyala

I asked a Japanese immigrant colleague of mine to try to translate the text from an image, the one with the black and white bird that had Japanese text on it, hoping there would be more information. I can't link it yet, something about the forum restricting me till I make 10 posts. It's on the site as serebii.net/sunmoon6.jpg if you want to see it.

This is what she said:

--------------------

I don't know if I can help you since I don't know anything about Pokemon games.
I can read some of the letters here but most letters are not focused..
I can read some in the first pic.
2nd line says: ビュー シューてイング → view shooting
Third line: I can't read the beginning but コマンドmeans command.
The 4th line: アニメートanimate クオメトリ←doesn't make sense to me キャッシュcash
デフォーマの作成 make deforma(?)
5th: I can only read メッシュmesh
6th: カーブ or カープ???の???? サーフェスsurface
7th:パーティクルparticle 液体エフェクトliquid effect ??? フィールドfield
8th: ライティング/シューティング writeing/shooting or could be lighting/shooting (we write ラfor both wr and l) テクスチャリングtexturing レンダーrender
9th:フィールドfield
I don't know if these words helped… I think none of the words are names…

--------------------

This sounds mostly like computer instructions for drawing the shape of the creature. Sorry guys, but nothing useful out of that, except the image itself.

Skyknight

Ghost/fairy banshee has already been mentioned. My other main desire is for a water/fighting mantis shrimp (Clawitzer was a pistol shrimp, remember).

I'd also be interested in a water/ghost psychopomp split evolution for Chinchou, with a greater resemblance to real-life anglerfish.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Assuming the region is in fact based on Hawaii, I posit the following:

There are only two mammals native to Hawaii, the Haory Bat and the Monk Seal. This indicates either two new pokemon evolution lines, or at least the inclusion of a current bat and seal lines, likely the Swoobat and Dewgong lines.

Conversely, while those are only native mammals, pigs, rats, and mongoose are all found in the Hawaiian wild, which could mean the inclusion of Rattata, Raticate, Zangoose, Mankey, and Primape in the regional PokéDex. It could also lead to a new pig pokemon, possibly one closer in likeness to a wild boar.

fubufubu

Gaijin Goombah on Youtube came up with the idea of the mascot legendaries of Sun and Moon being based on Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi respectively.

M.P.

Retired
I want a Poison type legendary. Every other type has a legendary already.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
I like to see a Dragon/Steel or Dragon/Fighting pseudo legendary pokemon.

I'd love to see more unique type combos, but there are already plenty of Dragon ones. I remember a long time ago there was a rumor mentioning an Electric/Dark 'black hole' Pokemon or something. It'd be pretty neat to see other kinds of unique type combos for pseudo legendaries

Status
Not open for further replies.