• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

Bounsweet and Cutiefly's evos are gorgeous.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Prankster might've just gotten completely obliterated.

Tsareena's ability Queen's Majesty prevents priority moves. Now, whether or not this affects Prankster depends on whether or not the ability only affects classified priority moves, or any move given priority during the battle.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Hakamo-o and Kommo-o both look great.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
Jangmo-o's final form battling a Garchomp most likely suggest it is indeed the pseudo evo of this gen. Also, there isn't much aesthetic difference on Cutiefly and it's evo.

BL00p

Grass has some very nice evolution lines this generation. It's going to be hard for me to choose amongst rowlet, Lurantis, or Tsureena. Well, I guess I can always do a grass type solo run.

Isn't Tsureena's ability the second time this generation that a Pokemon has been given an ability that blocks priority moves? I can't wait to see what new strategies develop in the meta!

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
Tsareena is Queenly Majestic. Both her and Lurantis look amazing, and shame they both end being mono-Grass type. However, Tsareena's ability is much better than Lurantis' Leaf Guard. Coming to Silvally, even its cry sounds like Arceus, so there is no much debate how it resembles Arceus (Failed clone-copy, perhaps?). Love Hakamo-o with its scales resembling six-pack, but my opinion still stands for Kommo-o, I need some time to get used to it.

Besides, it was a good trailer, I like it and new evolutions, forms.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
Steenee most likely comes from Steen as in mangosteen and queenie? Tsareena as in Czarina and Steen? Silvadi is looking more like the amalgamation of the 4 alolan guardians.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Steenee is ADORABLE. I wanna hug it!

Tsareena don't care about no Gale Wings Brave Bird, and I like the name "Trop Kick" so much.

Hakamo-o and Kommo-o are well designed, but my focus is turning to Clanging Scales. Since it is a sound move, I have to assume it might be Special, which seems curious on a clearly Physical Mon.

Ribombee, it's good to finally have you revealed. It's cute, and I hope to see an Evo for it, though that seems less likely since we only got full Evo lines in this trailer.

And finally Silvally. It's official, we have ourselves a mini-Arceus. It will be interesting to see how this thing plays in competitive.

Inconspicuosaurus

Bone-ified dinosaur
Loving all the new reveals today. Bounsweet's line took an interesting direction, but I think I like it. Tsareena is going to be a monster if it has some good stats to back up that ability. I now face that age-old Problem of wanting the Grass starter, but being spoiled with other great Grass options XD

Steenee is ADORABLE. I wanna hug it!

Tsareena don't care about no Gale Wings Brave Bird, and I like the name "Trop Kick" so much.

Hakamo-o and Kommo-o are well designed, but my focus is turning to Clanging Scales. Since it is a sound move, I have to assume it might be Special, which seems curious on a clearly Physical Mon.

Ribombee, it's good to finally have you revealed. It's cute, and I hope to see an Evo for it, though that seems less likely since we only got full Evo lines in this trailer.

And finally Silvally. It's official, we have ourselves a mini-Arceus. It will be interesting to see how this thing plays in competitive.
I like the name too. I'm guessing it is from phototropism, and a pun on drop kick?

Yeah, I'm worried it is Special too. Wouldn't be the first time a Pokemon got a signature move that was useless for its stats. Not that we know its Sp.Atk, to be fair. It could be mixed. Or, it could be the first move to do an opposite Psyshock and do Special damage based on Attack. Also, did not realise it was Clanging Scales, not Changing Scales, until I rewatched the video. Serebii has made a typo lol.

Yeah, seems like Ribombee is the end of the line for Cutiefly, but who knows, it might get decent stats.

And yup, with the blatant hint in the name of its ability, I can't see any way it couldn't b related to Arceus now.

Last edited:

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I didn't think Bounsweet would get 2 evolutions, that's actually kinda cool.

marrycherrylips

so we now know what, 60+ pokemon? according to the leak the new dex isnt that much bigger than the last one in terms of new pokemon. why are they revealing so many of the new pokemon before the game gets out? whats going to be left for us to see?

that off my chest i love bounsweet's line and i have to have it.

scififan21

Loved all the evolved forms except not a huge fan Tsareena's design, but like others will probably grow on me. Ribombee looks like it has a scarf around it's neck almost super cute! Kommo-o looks great in game, and has officially earned its place on my team. Don't we only need to see three more evolved forms now? Pikipek, Komala, and Wimpod right? Not counting Alolan Persian in this though.

gliscor&yanmega

I'll just assume Jangomo-'s line is the pseudo, I'm glad it's at least a new type combo.

As for the new Pokemon:
Ribombee-Nice to get a full look at it, I love it, and it's still so small. I hope it does evolve again though(They revealed both of Jangomo's and Bounsweet's though so not sure). I probably wont use it on my first team if this is it, I'll either stick with Grubbin or go with Wimpod depending if it's evolutions is revealed or not(If not I might go with it for a surprise).

Steenee-Can't say I saw it going this way, but I like it.

Tsarenna-Went from a fruit in a diaper into a fruit queen, amazing. It and Steenee's hips are a bit too large for me though, but all in all I kind of love the Bounsweet line now, but I'll stick with Fomantis for my first team(And still hope it has one more evolution).

I still would have like an Ice and Dark type but I guess revealing evolutions is better than showing a new line altogether.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Bounsweet got two evos instead of one. Should have been only Tsareena *wink*

Finally Cuteifly's evo has been revealed. Ribombee!

I didn't expect this much info. I would've never thougt that Bounsweet would turn into Tsareena. Lol and that figure idk if it's suited for a pokemon game even though I'm not complaining.

Also, Sylvaldi's signature move looks like a physical attack so we can expect it to be a physical sweeper? Or would he be a watered down Arceus with straight 100's?

TheFairyQueen

Top Coordinator
Omg As a Massive fan of Bounsweet I am so happy to see it got two evolutions and they are both awesome.

Steenee is so adorable and Tsareena is so incredibly amazing. I can't even deal. these are totally my favourite pokemon revealed so far.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
I like the name too. I'm guessing it is from phototropism, and a pun on drop kick?

Yeah, I'm worried it is Special too. Wouldn't be the first time a Pokemon got a signature move that was useless for its stats. Not that we know its Sp.Atk, to be fair. It could be mixed. Or, it could be the first move to do an opposite Psyshock and do Special damage based on Attack. Also, did not realise it was Clanging Scales, not Changing Scales, until I rewatched the video. Serebii has made a typo lol.

Yeah, seems like Ribombee is the end of the line for Cutiefly, but who knows, it might get decent stats.

And yup, with the blatant hint in the name of its ability, I can't see any way it couldn't b related to Arceus now.

Yeah, phototropism or tropical, but either way it works.

And the official description does not say that Clanging Scales will be a reverse Psyshock, just that it deals damage and drops the user's defense. Still, there is a strong focus on the strength of its uppercuts, so a slow, bulky, mixed attacker is not outside the realm of possibility.

I only want another Evo for the Cutiefly line because I see so much potential, but if it ends with Ribombee, I'll be fine with it.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。
I'm wondering if I am the only one who likes Hakamo-o A LOT, but not Kommo-o? Hakamo-o's scales on stomach resembles six-pack to me and the design in overall is incredible in my opinion. Can very well use it with an Eviolite in my second playthrough.

Status
Not open for further replies.