• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

glacialcat

I was thinking Simisage too. Didn't really want to include starters but I can see the 6th and 7th gen grass starters leaning towards a more masculine look. Although with Chesnaught I can kinda picture a woman soldier or LEO wearing body armor making it more difficult to distinguish between male and female.

I would at least say that Dartrix and Chesnaught are at least as "male-coded" as Brionne and Braixen are "female-coded" and everyone flips out over that. But I don't really like to use 'masculine' and 'feminine' to describe Pokemon or animals in the first place.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
A... strange thing to be that upset about.

But nearly every language uses a specifically female term for ruler for Tsareena, including the Japanese name. And Queenly Majesty similarly refers specifically to female rulers in the Japanese name. Seems likely to be a 100% female species.

Though really there should be males. 100% 1 gender Pokemon are kind of dumb. Though more so the male ones.

So you do you think jynx being 100% female is dumb?

glacialcat

So you do you think jynx being 100% female is dumb?

Kind of, yes. It doesn't make much sense for them as a species, unless GameFreak comes out and says that Jynx reproduce parthenogenetically. Obviously this is Pokemon and anything male that breeds with a Jynx produces a Jynx, but the lore very rarely talks about cross species Pokemon mating this way.

Like I said, it is most strange for male-only Pokemon. The way Pokemon breeding works technically makes it... believable, for female-only Pokemon to exist. It is still odd though, and I do not particularly like it.

I would at least prefer more Illumise/Volbeat style things for these gender locked Pokemon.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
Pokemon that look and sound obviously feminine but has the option of being a Male, that bit has been done to death and its been a weird thing for years now, unless Japan has been catering or accepting to the LGBTQ community for years!

I hardly think it has anything to do with the LGBT community.

The inclusion of both genders just adds a convenience to breeding. Only if the nature (not that one) of the pokemon dictates it shall it only have one gender.

You said it right there, in lore they're based on female. Jynx, however; is based on actual female humans.

Jynx is based on the mythical demon Yama-uba. Still a female, but certainly not human.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I think Wimpod is cool, or rather, I have high hopes for it. One leak said that Wimpod is like the Magikarp or Feebas of this region. While the leak itself might not be true, it's highly possible that Wimpod's evolution is similar.

I can imagine Wimpod ending up looking vicious like Gyarados if it evolves ha ha. So far I'm not much of a Wimpod fan, but I'm not a hater either. I think that there are worse looking Gen 7 pokemon than it, like Morelull and Minior from my perspective.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I can imagine Wimpod ending up looking vicious like Gyarados if it evolves ha ha. So far I'm not much of a Wimpod fan, but I'm not a hater either. I think that there are worse looking Gen 7 pokemon than it, like Morelull and Minior from my perspective.
It sounds interesting, but I feel like Wishiwashi's already taken that comparison since its bio said that both people and Gyarados are scared of its school form

Anyway, I may be in the minority, but I'm not a fan of Hakamo-o or Komo-o for some reason. I don't know why, but something about their designs just throw me off

Last edited:

scififan21

I'm surprised we haven't seen Wimpod's evolution yet. Do you guys think it will have one or two evos?

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
I swear if the Bounsweet 's evo line ends up being both male and female instead of just ALL FEMALE, I'm going yell every cuss word that exists!!

hahaha! yeah. Bouncesweet should be like Petilil or Liligant. All female only. I hate it when companies pander to the social engineering wackos.

Fiore1300

To me Wimpod seems very much like the Feebas or Magikarp of this generation. Or maybe a more correct parallel would be Abra. It has been discussed already earlier in this thread, but I suspect we'll get some really powerful Giant Isopod or Sea Scorpion. Bug really needs to raise its average BST, and Bug/Water is such a nice typing too. But maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part.

Talonflame Falconer
Kind of, yes. It doesn't make much sense for them as a species, unless GameFreak comes out and says that Jynx reproduce parthenogenetically. Obviously this is Pokemon and anything male that breeds with a Jynx produces a Jynx, but the lore very rarely talks about cross species Pokemon mating this way.

Like I said, it is most strange for male-only Pokemon. The way Pokemon breeding works technically makes it... believable, for female-only Pokemon to exist. It is still odd though, and I do not particularly like it.

I would at least prefer more Illumise/Volbeat style things for these gender locked Pokemon.

Yeah, me too, feminine looking pokemon should be all female, and masculine looking pokemon should be all male, the Illumise/Volbeat method should be the norm for all male and all female pokmemon.

Or better yet, make pokemon that are more animal like or object like instead of human male or human female. Bouncesweet evos should be like Liligant.

Another method would be the wobofet method or the unfezant method, with male and female pokemon looking slightly different.

glacialcat

Yeah, me too, feminine looking pokemon should be all female, and masculine looking pokemon should be all male, the Illumise/Volbeat method should be the norm for all male and all female pokmemon.

Or better yet, make pokemon that are more animal like or object like instead of human male or human female. Bouncesweet evos should be like Liligant.

Not really what I'm saying at all tbh. In fact I disagree 100%. I don't care if male Jynx exist. I'd rather Jynx be 7/8 male/1/8 female than our current system where there is no logical reason for Jynx to exist as a breeding population. Animals can look like whatever they evolved into and do not need to fit human notions of gender (nor do humans, tbh). But there should be some logical driving force for why their species is able to replicate.

Last edited:
Pokemon that look and sound obviously feminine but has the option of being a Male, that bit has been done to death and its been a weird thing for years now, unless Japan has been catering or accepting to the LGBTQ community for years!

they're here, they're queer, get over it
it's just a game, it doesnt matter if they make the pokemon all female or even all male or genderless for that matter

Talonflame Falconer
To me Wimpod seems very much like the Feebas or Magikarp of this generation. Or maybe a more correct parallel would be Abra. It has been discussed already earlier in this thread, but I suspect we'll get some really powerful Giant Isopod or Sea Scorpion. Bug really needs to raise its average BST, and Bug/Water is such a nice typing too. But maybe this is just wishful thinking on my part.

Im hoping for this too, i need more powerful pokemon on my team. a wimpod evo would be the ticket.

they're here, they're queer, get over it
it's just a game, it doesnt matter if they make the pokemon all female or even all male or genderless for that matter

It does matter if they are trying to brainwash kids, desensitize people and normalize sins. That would be really evil. I hope they dont.

Last edited by a moderator:
It does matter if they are trying to brainwash kids, desensitize people and normalize sins. That would be really evil. I hope they dont.

hey, it would be swell if we could not get into an argument about this on this chat. this is far from the point of this thread.

as for wimpod's evo, i don't think we'll see it until the game comes out but im expecting one evolution something along the lines of gyrados mixed with scolipede

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Anyone else really shocked that we STILL haven't seen Pikipek's evos yet? I feel like this would've been the perfect time to reveal them...

Fiore1300

Anyone else really shocked that we STILL haven't seen Pikipek's evos yet? I feel like this would've been the perfect time to reveal them...

Frankly I was more shocked that we haven't received Alolan Meowth's evolution. When the English trailer began with "Amazing Evolutions!" I was like "aww yeah, Alolan Persian," and was then was hit by a barrage of reveals I had not expected.

But yeah. It is rather surprising we haven't received Pikipek's evolutionary line. It was one of the first pokemon revealed, after all.

Talonflame Falconer
hey, it would be swell if we could not get into an argument about this on this chat. this is far from the point of this thread.

as for wimpod's evo, i don't think we'll see it until the game comes out but im expecting one evolution something along the lines of gyrados mixed with scolipede

Gyarados + Scolipede, speed and power, i'd love that.

Frankly I was more shocked that we haven't received Alolan Meowth's evolution. When the English trailer began with "Amazing Evolutions!" I was like "aww yeah, Alolan Persian," and was then was hit by a barrage of reveals I had not expected.

But yeah. It is rather surprising we haven't received Pikipek's evolutionary line. It was one of the first pokemon revealed, after all.

Leaks say Pikipek will go steel/flying, another skarmory i guess but with grass type moves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.