• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

glacialcat

The cat and snowman haven't been hinted by anything other than leaks that have already been proven false on multiple occasions.

The cat, yes. The snowman has more legitimate footing, being mentioned in the "Chinese leak" that also correctly predicted a "rugby monkey," "sea cucumber," "mushroom," "Fire/poison pokemon," and Totem Pokemon. There are a few flaws in that leak, but nothing serious enough to be completely proven false given all it's correct predictions.

PrinceOfFacade

Ghost-Type Master
The cat and snowman haven't been hinted by anything other than leaks that have already been proven false on multiple occasions.

The same were said about the rugby monkey, a pokemon no one thought would actually come to fruition.

As for the snowman, it's not the pokemon itself that has been proven false, but its images. We won't actually know whether or not these lines are in the game until we see the full roster. All in all, this riddled image isn't substantial enough to turn heads, at least the heads of those who see the conspicuous. I'll hold my breath for the potential of a fruitful data mine.

lactatingRHINO7

So far the ones I think I'm going to have on my team are Popplio, Salandit and Fomantis. I really hope we get a good amount of unrevealed Pokémon because there aren't really any more that strike me as amazing

glacialcat

While I feel the snowman is most likely true given it's inclusion in the "Chinese leak," the fact that the Ice/Ghost typing was mentioned in the second post of the July 14th "real leaks" means I do not consider this typing to have any validity. It could be true, but the second post of the "real leaks" leak was piggybacking off the disproved July 5th "Split evos" leak.

Could still be Ice/Ghost. But I feel if it is, it was a lucky guess, not a leak there.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
The cat, yes. The snowman has more legitimate footing, being mentioned in the "Chinese leak" that also correctly predicted a "rugby monkey," "sea cucumber," "mushroom," "Fire/poison pokemon," and Totem Pokemon. There are a few flaws in that leak, but nothing serious enough to be completely proven false given all it's correct predictions.

The cat was also mentioned in the first two posts of the "real leaks" leak, in the same post that mentions a bird that has appearances that differ by island (Oricorio). While the later post in that thread that "leaked" Alola forms hasn't been completely correct, there's no indication that came from the OP leaker. The first two posts have been correct or as yet unproven.

Julia Artemis

So I'm wondering are the greyed out Pokemon at the bottom Pokemon that get Alolan forms, or ones that aren't in the Alolan pokedex? My hope is Alolan forms!

glacialcat

The cat was also mentioned in the first two posts of the "real leaks" leak, in the same post that mentions a bird that has appearances that differ by island (Oricorio). While the later post in that thread that "leaked" Alola forms hasn't been completely correct, there's no indication that came from the OP leaker. The first two posts have been correct or as yet unproven.

The second post is a confusing mess, but overall I believe the evidence points to it being false.

Claims the second post makes:
Flying type that's type varies by island.
Breeder cat.
Ice/Ghost snowman.
Alolan Abra has new animations (I can't remember, have we seen any of the Abra line in play?)

We have taken the flying type to be indicative of a predicted Oricorio, which is fair. But if that is true it also means the breeder cat should be true. Which leaves us with two possibilities:

1) The Split Evo's post is true, because it predates the "real leaks" leak.
2) The Split Evo's post is not true, but just happened to guess an actual gimmick of an actual Pokemon, down to its exact species. I do not consider this likely.

So your belief in the veracity of the second post of the "real leaks" post depends upon how important you find the oricorio prediction vs. how likely you find the rest of the Split Evo's post to be true.

The relevant Split Evo's post also predicted:
Lilly has a Zygarde Cell in her bag, and you get Zygarde 10% by the 3rd gym.
Ash Greninja is in the game, but there are no new Megas.

Personally I think the inclusion of "gym" there, along with the fact we know Dexio and Sinna start the Zygarde quest, really hurts this post. And I believe that predicting a Darwin's finch/ Hawaiian Honeycreeper type Pokemon for a Hawaii island setting is not outside the realm of possibility. These are after all birds covered in any first year Biology course and make sense for an island setting.

If you put more faith in the prediction of Oricorio than I do, and believe the "gym" nonsense was misremembered, then type breeder cat is still plausible.

I do not.

Last edited:

Dragon Pulse

Has anyone seen the images of the back of box arts? It looks like Turtonator and Drampa are version exclusives.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Is that for sure official boxart?

And what does the riddler thing imply about salandit's evolution? That it will become medusa? That doesn't make sense.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
The second post is a confusing mess, but overall I believe the evidence points to it being false.

Claims the second post makes:
Flying type that's type varies by island.
Breeder cat.
Ice/Ghost snowman.

We have taken the flying type to be indicative of a predicted Oricorio, which is fair. But if that is true it also means the breeder cat should be true. Which leaves us with two possibilities:

1) The Split Evo's post is true, because it predates the "real leaks" leak.
2) The Split Evo's post is not true, but just happened to guess an actual gimmick of an actual Pokemon, down to its exact species. I do not consider this likely.

So your belief in the veracity of the second post of the "real leaks" post depends upon how important you find the oricorio prediction vs. how likely you find the rest of the Split Evo's post to be true.

The relevant Split Evo's post also predicted:
Lilly has a Zygarde Cell in her bag, and you get Zygarde 10% by the 3rd gym.
Ash Greninja is in the game, but there are no new Megas.

Personally I think the inclusion of "gym" there, along with the fact we know Dexio and Sinna start the Zygarde quest, really hurts this post. And I believe that predicting a Darwin's finch/ Hawaiian Honeycreeper type Pokemon for a Hawaii island setting is not outside the realm of possibility. These are after all birds covered in any first year Biology course and make sense for an island setting.

If you put more faith in the prediction of Oricorio than I do, and believe the "gym" nonsense was misremembered, then type breeder cat is still plausible.

I do not.

There's also the possibility that the Split Evo's leaker only had a small amount of information and decided to make his leak more interesting by making up info. Or was afraid of being caught and fired and filled the leak with misinformation, which has happened before.

I hope the cat is true, because I think it's an inspired breeding gimmick.

Is that for sure official boxart?

And what does the riddler thing imply about salandit's evolution? That it will become medusa? That doesn't make sense.

The implication is that Salandit's evolution is themed around it's ability to entice males of any species with its pheromones. The images presented are all representative of "seductresses."

Last edited:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
There's also the possibility that the Split Evo's leaker only had a small amount of information and decided to make his leak more interesting by making up info. Or was afraid of being caught and fired and filled the leak with misinformation, which has happened before.

I hope the cat is true, because I think it's an inspired breeding gimmick.

The implication is that Salandit's evolution is themed around it's ability to entice males of any species with its pheromones. The images presented are all representative of "seductresses."

Ugh....that means its going to become yet another super feminine pokemon. That really throw's my hopes for salandit out the window then if true. It's been my favorite for so long and I was expecting it to become super big badass fire lizard.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
Ugh....that means its going to become yet another super feminine pokemon. That really throw's my hopes for salandit out the window then if true. It's been my favorite for so long and I was expecting it to become super big badass fire lizard.

Well, don't necessarily give up hope yet. Only females of the species produce the pheromone, so there's a possibility of a gender split evolution line. The "riddler" even mentioned that the seductress line didn't really have anything to do with the bandit theme, in a way that seemed to me like he was trying to give those words more weight than just saying it was a strange thematic leap. I wouldn't put much stock into the riddler anyways. His not-actually-riddles are pretty much just vague indications that he knows more than we do and they usually only make sense in hindsight.

Inoshi

Pokemon Lover

Lol. I feel you dude... I feel you

Baggie_Saiyan

I didn't. Can you post it? Drampa being a version exclusive is something that could change which version I'm getting.

Yes I'd like to see a link to box art too.

Wouldn't jump the gun just yet. Salandit looks too non feminine to suddenly become too feminine.

Last edited by a moderator:

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
https://imgur.com/qZOl63m
https://imgur.com/7Nj4iyM

Drampa is on the Moon box.

Does not specifically state they are version exclusive however.

Is there a source? I mean they look like they could be legit, but also could just be good fanade ones that are based on previous boxart since every one since gen 3 has had a similar layout.

Edit-Wait is that a new pokemon on the sun box where rockruff is in the moon one?

Status
Not open for further replies.