• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze990

Still sticking to Rowlet as my starter... Decideueye looks amazing!!!

Litten's evolution is meh...

Primarina.... ok I can't believe I'm going to say this, since I was against it from when it was first leaked, but its growing on me... I MIGHT use it on my team!

Cosmog is on my team for sure. The thing is amazing! Not going to say more.

The tapus are cool, not my favorite as well, I don't think I'm gonna use them... but they are cool. I am interested to see how they play a role in the story!

gliscor&yanmega

I'm thinking it would be a bad decision to just dump in the PC. I have a feeling it's going to evolve into something meaningful.

Well, it'll depend what I end up wanting to use, I have a free spot for my team right now but I'm sure there's other things I'd rather end up using over Cosmog, regardless if it'll evolve or not.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
As of right now, the only possible theory I have for Cosmog is that it has a branched evolution & that it evolves into 1 of 2 mid form pokémon depending on which version you're playing. The mid form from Pokémon Sun will then evolve into Solgaleo, while the mid form from Pokémon Moon will evolve into Lunala

Squirtortoise

The Tapus are pretty cool. I'm glad the games kind of have this new "clique" of Pokemon in the form of these 4. Tapu Koko is still my favourite design-wise, followed by Tapu Fini.

Why was I under the impression for the longest time that the Tapus would follow the same primary typings as the Oricorio forms? Was this a shared assumption by a lot of people when Oricorio was revealed or was it just me?

Crabrawler being pure fighting kind of bothers me since it could've easily been half water type since it's a crab. Togedemaru being electric/steel kind of makes sense at least since I'm guessing that its spikes are supposed to be as hard as metal. :]

Crabrawler is a coconut crab, which is a crab species that drown in water because it cannot swim. Hence, the reason why it's not Water type.

Huh, interesting. I'm going to avoid using the word "random" when discussing types in the future...

flygon1509

The trailer was full of surprise. Decidueye is Grass/Ghost. Tapu Bulu and Tapu Fini are Grass/Fairy and Water/Fairy instead of Fire/Fairy and Ghost/Fairy. Then Red and Blue!

shadowF

love the starters! I do think the Z-move of the the tapus are the strange souvenir The backpacker was talking about in pokemon x and y.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I think Cosmog has something to do with the legendaries, but it does not evolve into them.
Maybe Cosmog kind of has a similar relationship to the legendaries that Phione had with Manaphy, and it's created whenever you try bredding Solgaleo or Lunala with another pokémon

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I wish Cosmog was a regular wild Pokemon because it's so damn cute and might suddenly be my favourite Alola Pokemon. And if we're forced to evolve it...

Aetius

If you compare the cry we heard during the E3 with Cosmog's you'll notice that they're pretty much the same.
That means he's Lillie's Pokèmon.
It seems like she'll become a prominent character indeed during our adventure, especially considering Cosmog's blurb!
Speaking of it, what caught my eye was the part about Alola's royal family; could they be implying something about Lillie's lineage?
Damn, these games are becoming more and more epic! :D

Last edited:

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
So.. I have tried very hard, and mostly succeeded in avoiding the information leaked by the datamine.. Can anyone tell me, is Cosmog a pokemon that was found in the datamine or if it is a "new" new one?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Cosmog obviously has some super importance since they barely revealed anything about it. What that is I'm not sure.

Japanese trailer showed Lillie within its introduction segment. The Lillie event in the demo a few days back showed her talking to something in her bag.. This thing is small. I think we need to put the two together and just accept that Cosmog is what Lillie is keeping secret in her bag. Given that the Japanese trailer also shows the protagonist protecting Cosmog from some Spearow in a cutscene, Cosmog is obviously very important.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Cosmog definitely seems to be the creature in Lillies bag with a description like that. I think it does have a relation to Solgaleo/Lunala too- as those spoke/ring areas on the top and bottom of it's head match the mane/wingtips of the two legendaries.

Cosmog definitely seems to be the creature in Lillies bag with a description like that. I think it does have a relation to Solgaleo/Lunala too- as those spoke/ring areas on the top and bottom of it's head match the mane/wingtips of the two legendaries.

I don't speak Japanese, but Lillie is very prominent in Cosmog's section of the Japan video, so I think it's basically confirmed that Cosmog is Lillie's Pokemon.

WhiteBlair

ベストチャンピオン。

It has already been mentioned that Cosmog appears in Lillie's bag in a Polygon article. It matches with how the protagonist tries to save it on the bridge and its cry in Japanese trailer, also. It is Cosmog who she has in her bag.

Maybe Cosmog kind of has a similar relationship to the legendaries that Phione had with Manaphy, and it's created whenever you try bredding Solgaleo or Lunala with another pokémon

thats not a bad idea but i think it's just a small legendary pokemon... kinda like the celebi or shaymin of this region. Maybe?

thoughts on the pokemon revealed today:
Decidueye: Oh? It turns into a ghost type? We need to kill our rowlett to evolve it~gasp! Don't like how it looks
Incineroar: My least favorite thing to have come out from any leaks period. and sadly, it's true. I get what it's background is supposed to be, which is a popular character in japan, but i just dont like how it looks.
Primarina: My least favorite starter pokemon when I first saw the starters was popplio. Oddly enough, it's final evolution is the best of the 3. It's ok, but im not gonna use it in my game
Tapu Lele: So cute! idk what else to say about it
Tapu Bulu: My least favorite Tapu, and tbh the only one i really don't like
Tapu Fini: Really pretty, my favorite tapu probably
Cosmog: "If you treat it with any consideration at all, it will take an immediate liking to you. This personality trait often leads it into danger." Same. idk what to think of it

TheEliteEmpoleon

Cosmog is indeed really cute. I like it a lot, and given that it is what is inside Lillie's bag, I can't wait to see how it ties into the story. Undoubtedly, it has something to do with the legendaries, I just don't know what it could be at the moment!

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I sincerely hope it doesn't change into Solgaleo/Lunalala. It's cute.... and it would suck if you had to evolve it.
Plus.... how would you even own Cosmog in later games if it evolved into a Legendary? Surely they aren't breedable.

Status
Not open for further replies.