• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

Wonder why they only showed the puffball tied to Lunalaa and not both of them with the one tied to Solagleo?

noakai

Wonder why they only showed the puffball tied to Lunalaa and not both of them with the one tied to Solagleo?

Most likely because there aren't two separate lines and there's a second stage. The first stage looks like Lunala, the second looks like Solgaleo, and then you get either one depending on your game is my bet on how it goes. I just want to know if you can breed it.

BlitzGirl41

Most likely because there aren't two separate lines and there's a second stage. The first stage looks like Lunala, the second looks like Solgaleo, and then you get either one depending on your game is my bet on how it goes. I just want to know if you can breed it.

However, Legendaries do not evolve (or breed). I have a feeling that these new Pokemon are related to the two, but are not evolutionary stages. Solgaleo and Lunala most likely exist on their own. It would cheapen them (IMO) if they evolved from something else.

noakai

However, Legendaries do not evolve (or breed). I have a feeling that these new Pokemon are related to the two, but are not evolutionary stages. Solgaleo and Lunala most likely exist on their own. It would cheapen them (IMO) if they evolved from something else.

A lot of things that had never happened before are happening this gen to be fair. Legendaries couldn't be bred at all before Manaphy and Phione so it's not like they've never done anything different with legendaries either.

A lot of things that had never happened before are happening this gen to be fair. Legendaries couldn't be bred at all before Manaphy and Phione so it's not like they've never done anything different with legendaries either.

yeah but its not like you could breed manapiy... only phione, plus phione doesn't evolve into manaphy.
Idk what exactly game freak is up to, we can only guess

knightwolf09

I sincerely hope it doesn't change into Solgaleo/Lunalala. It's cute.... and it would suck if you had to evolve it.
Plus.... how would you even own Cosmog in later games if it evolved into a Legendary? Surely they aren't breedable.

I wonder if they are. Cause it says Cosmog is a "rare" pokemon as in there can be more. It could be that there was only one Cosmog that later became Solgaleo and Lunala.

noakai

yeah but its not like you could breed manapiy... only phione, plus phione doesn't evolve into manaphy.
Idk what exactly game freak is up to, we can only guess

You get Phione by breeding Manaphy with a Ditto. We can only guess but either way I'm very excited to see what's up with this little guy.

Paul1985

Ana de Armas fan
Thoughts on today's revealed Pokemon:

Decidueye: I like that it's a Grass/Ghost type.
Incineroar: I like it's typing is Fire/Dark and not Fire/Fighting.
Primarina: I'm glad it's Water/Fairy, it's also now my favourite Pokemon this generation and my favourite water starter of all time.
Alola Guardians: I like all three of them.
Alolan Persian: It's OK.
Cosmog: I like it but I won't be using it on both my teams.

Julia Artemis

Kind of suprised and disappointed that Alolan Diglett/Dugtrio wasn't revealed. I really wanted to know it's typing. As of now the two best theories I've heard is Ground/Fairy and Ground/Fire. I like the former more since I don't believe we've had that typing before and Ground/Fire is a pretty bad dual typing. Though the fact it's hair might be based off Pele's Fire might signal to being Ground/Fire but in a GameXplain video they said it might be based off of mole like fairy people in Hawaiian folklore so it could be that as well. Guess we wont know till the games are out.

Hauke_von_Arding

They changed so many things with Pokemon SM... so who says legendaries can't breed or evolve this gen too?

Fiore1300

Alolan Persian gets Fur Coat, which is awesome considering that most Fighting-Types have physical movesets. I wonder if it is going to get bulkier or what. If it gets a move like U-Turn it might be a good lure for Fighting-Types who think they'll have an edge. Better yet you could make it a Bug-Type Z-Move and deal some serious damage.

I dunno. I didn't like the design at all when I saw it in the datamine, but when we saw the official art from the guide it grew on me a bit. Now that we've seen it in action I like it even more now. In fact I like it enough that I don't really have any issues with it anymore.

Anybody have any idea what move it was using in the Japanese trailer?

BlitzGirl41

I've personally never viewed Manaphy or Phione as "Legendaries", more like the sub-group of "Mythical".

ReneEnjolras

Explorer of Ruins
Okay, my thoughts on the new Pokémon:

Decidueye: Did not expect it to be Grass/Ghost! Very cool.
Incineroar: Fire/Dark! I admit that the trailer warmed me up to this one. Still my least favorite right now, but I don't hate it anymore~
Primarina: Water/Fairy, I expected that. I love it, such an elegant starter~
Cosmog: Cute. Very Cute. I like it. I wonder if it has a connection to the legends...???
Tapu Lele: Wow, this guardian deity is cute! Might be my favorite one.
Tapu Bulu: Grass/Fairy! And everyone thought it would be Fire/Fairy. I like it pretty well.
Tapu Fini: Water/Fairy. People thought it would be Ghost/Fairy! I like this one, it looks pretty yet dangerous.

shac

I love all the Tapu designs, and it seems like we can catch them all as well...probably post game.

On a side note, isn't it funny how you can go around catching all the legendary mons? It's like Rayquaza is meant to guard earth's atmosphere, and you just catch it and throw it in your computer storage! Earth be damned for all we care....
Same with the Tapu. Who guards the islands when the guardians are chilling insode your pokeball??

BlitzGirl41

I love all the Tapu designs, and it seems like we can catch them all as well...probably post game.

On a side note, isn't it funny how you can go around catching all the legendary mons? It's like Rayquaza is meant to guard earth's atmosphere, and you just catch it and throw it in your computer storage! Earth be damned for all we care....
Same with the Tapu. Who guards the islands when the guardians are chilling insode your pokeball??

Maybe they are still around in spirit!

RedJirachi

Veteran member
I did not expect Rowlett's final evolution would be Grass/Ghost. I thought it'd stay Grass/Flying, and I don't quite get the new typing. Though I did expect from what leaks there were of the other Pokemon's typing. Also, I'm pretty sure Cosmog is going to be some sort of pre-evolution of Solgaleo/Lunala. Yeah, I know, but it just seems to connected to the title legendaries to be anything else. Either it's a one of a kind or evolves via story event so you only get one.

Alright, so far this is my planned team including new Pokemon:
* Decidueye, Turtonator, Oranguru, Alolan Muk
* Incineroar, Kommo-o, Mimikyu, Alolan Raichu

Last edited:

roserade the warrior

Wow. Decidueye being grass/ghost is weird... I dont know what to feel. I know I am going to pick it up over the 2 other starters, but mainly because I am biased towards grass types (what a surprise). I know we have got many grass/flying (jumpluff-line, tropius and skymin) and only a few grass/ghost (trevenant and gourgheist line), but it makes so much more sense to be flying, and it would have been nice to get a sweeper grass/flying aside from skymin (which is a mythical pokemon)... Is almost like they dont want to make another flying starter aside from charizard. Oh well, at least now I can make a space for Baile-oricorio (the only fire mon I have actually liked just by design) without feeling bad for repeating a type.
Incineroar does not interest me that much. Not that rare since I dont like many fire mons with the exceptions of blaziken, magcargo, delphox and charizard; but all of them is more for personal reasons rather than insta-love or anything (magcargo was the best incubator back in 3rd gen). Mainly because it looks like a fighting type even if it is dark. I wonder what is the need to make most of the fire type starters look like wrestlers? And I thought they might have learned their lesson when they made delphox.
Primarina is very cool, almost everyone though it would get fairy and so it did. I have to admit I never expected them to go this route with popplio, and is very refreshing. Though I dont get its signature move: heals the target from burn? I guess maybe is like wake-up-slap and smellingsalt, which make more damage when the opponent has a certain special condition and then heals the opponent.There is still a chance I choose Primarina over Decidueye
Tapu Lele. All we expected.
Tapu Bulu. Well, I thought it was gonna be fire. Guess again I guess. Still is what I wanted (and to think I was disappointed we were not getting "Grassy surge", haha). Though the design was one I actually didnt understand at first (when in the datamine), and still the design is weird, cool, but weird; but I think is the lack of neck, unlike the other Tapu's.
Tapu Fini. Another misunderstood. Though I guessed it may have had "Misty surge", I actually wasnt expecting the water type (as obvious as it was...).

I am guessing we may get a final Tapu just to fit with the vowels of the alphabet xD. I dont think so, but is funny ?a?a, Lele, Fini, Koko, and Bulu.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Tapu Lele. All we expected.

I am guessing we may get a final Tapu just to fit with the vowels of the alphabet xD. I dont think so, but is funny ?a?a, Lele, Fini, Koko, and Bulu.

Tapu Lele is incredible, there is no denying that. Butterfly potato for life!

And as for the lost Tapu, that will be the biggest twist of them all. For it will be...

Tapu Hala.

<insert dramatic music sting>

roserade the warrior

Tapu Lele is incredible, there is no denying that. Butterfly potato for life!

And as for the lost Tapu, that will be the biggest twist of them all. For it will be...

Tapu Hala.

<insert dramatic music sting>

Indeed it is incredible (I am still figuring out what it may be, I guessed squid, but it seems a bit off xD), is just that we guessed it right almost right away, while the other 2 (specially Bulu) were not what we expected. But its bio is quite interesting, it seems Tapu Lele is going to be a wall as it explicitly states that it rather use status condition over damaging moves, because they are too "weak". It is also described as being innocent and cruel (its scales can help human and pokemon, but too much of them can cause major harm to them too, and it likes to scatter them all over everyone).

That would explain why we saw Hala behind Tapu Koko all this time (when it first appeared and against UB-02 Beauty/Absortion)! HALA is the lost Tapu!

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer
Indeed it is incredible (I am still figuring out what it may be, I guessed squid, but it seems a bit off xD), is just that we guessed it right almost right away, while the other 2 (specially Bulu) were not what we expected. But its bio is quite interesting, it seems Tapu Lele is going to be a wall as it explicitly states that it rather use status condition over damaging moves, because they are too "weak". It is also described as being innocent and cruel (its scales can help human and pokemon, but too much of them can cause major harm to them too, and it likes to scatter them all over everyone).

That would explain why we saw Hala behind Tapu Koko all this time (when it first appeared and against UB-02 Beauty/Absortion)! HALA is the lost Tapu!

Conspiracy confirmed!

And it certainly seems like a sweet potato butterfly to me. Lele likely comes from "pulelehua", which is Hawaiian for "butterfly". Meanwhile, as I've brought up before, the Tapus seem like they could be based on 4 Hawaiian Gods that are the manifestations of Tiki (the first man):

Tiki-tohua, the progenitor of birds (Tapu Koko)
Tiki-kapakapa, the progenitor of fish (Tapu Fini)
Tiki-auaha, the progenitor of humankind (Tapu Bulu?)
Tiki-whakaeaea, the progenitor of the kūmara. (Tapu Lele)

Bulu sadly doesn't fit, but that might be because, after designing the Strange Souvenir, the folks over at GF realized that a big man face is boring, so they made it a bull instead.

Still, no matter what anyone says (a lot of people seem to disagree with me), Lele will always be my little Tapu Tato :)

EDIT: Well, it seems like Charjabug may need to reach Level 40 to evolve into Vikavolt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.