• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkW

Full of Win
Alolan Persian gets Fur Coat, which is awesome considering that most Fighting-Types have physical movesets. I wonder if it is going to get bulkier or what. If it gets a move like U-Turn it might be a good lure for Fighting-Types who think they'll have an edge. Better yet you could make it a Bug-Type Z-Move and deal some serious damage.

I dunno. I didn't like the design at all when I saw it in the datamine, but when we saw the official art from the guide it grew on me a bit. Now that we've seen it in action I like it even more now. In fact I like it enough that I don't really have any issues with it anymore.

Anybody have any idea what move it was using in the Japanese trailer?

I actually felt the same and discussed this with a friend of mine. I'm hoping it gets a small Sp.Def and Sp.Atk to make it a decent Assault Vest user, since it has a decent special movepool. Of course this is only a hope, I'd like to be able to use Persian as much as I did way back when and hopefully this is the best opportunity.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Geez, it looks like Vikavolt evolves at level 40... He may be pretty strong then. :eek:

Level 40 is pretty high, so that's a good sign that Vikavolt might be better than most regional bugs, it's also tied with Anorith and Skorupi for second highest level requirements for any Bug pokémon after Larvesta.
I hope the early bug evolving at such a high level doesn't indicate that the levels will be very high in general though. In BW there was a decent amount of pokémon that might not even evolve before you beat the game.

gliscor&yanmega

While it likely will be level 40, I do wonder if maybe they were holding off evolving it until a certain level so it could get a move, but I doubt they'd bother show something like that. I think we had an earlier trailer showing Vikavolt at level 25, back then I was a little disappointed since it wouldn't be much time for Grubbin and Charjabug, but at level 40 it seems like it would be too much time for them. 30-35 would have been nice. I'm using Wimpod instead though, so not much of a concern anymore(Until I eventually do a Bug team), hoping it wont take too long to evolve as well. There's always a few Pokemon that either get placed in a place where they will evolve the next level or so or take too long to level up, hopefully that wont be an issue.

Edit: I realized, with Exeggcute still needing Leaf Stone to evolve into Alolan Exeggutor, we might only be able to get regular Exeggutor by transferring. Guess it would still depend how breeding will work, but seems possible there would be no other way to get it. I imagine Raichu and possibly Marowak will be similar cases. The other Pokemon who have Alolan forms have it throughout their line so it shouldn't be an issue for them.

Last edited:

fosterfossil

The prey bites back!
I fully believe Cosmog is related to the legendaries. I have two theories.
1. Depending on your version it will absorb enough sunlight or moonlight to "evolve" into Solgaleo or Lunala.
2. Solgaleo and Lunala's bodies are mechincal suits that Cosmog will inhabit to increase its power. If you look at both Lunala and Solgaleo's heads you will notive a clear sphere is a prominent feature of their heads. This sphere is filled with a substance that looks a lot like Cosmog cosmic cloud like body. This body could be built by the Aether Foundation to combat the Ultra Beasts.

Kingudora

My favourite
Considering the high level Vikavolt requires to get evolved, i expect its BST to be 510-540.

It would be interesting if Game Freak made a curveball and made the Grubbin line pseudo-legendaries though.

R_N

I fully believe Cosmog is related to the legendaries. I have two theories.
1. Depending on your version it will absorb enough sunlight or moonlight to "evolve" into Solgaleo or Lunala.
2. Solgaleo and Lunala's bodies are mechincal suits that Cosmog will inhabit to increase its power. If you look at both Lunala and Solgaleo's heads you will notive a clear sphere is a prominent feature of their heads. This sphere is filled with a substance that looks a lot like Cosmog cosmic cloud like body. This body could be built by the Aether Foundation to combat the Ultra Beasts.

Solgaleo & Lunala are almost certainly not that second thing. They're part of Alolan legend.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
If it gets a move like U-Turn it might be a good lure for Fighting-Types who think they'll have an edge. Better yet you could make it a Bug-Type Z-Move and deal some serious damage.
Fighting resists Bug.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
I love all the Tapu designs, and it seems like we can catch them all as well...probably post game.

On a side note, isn't it funny how you can go around catching all the legendary mons? It's like Rayquaza is meant to guard earth's atmosphere, and you just catch it and throw it in your computer storage! Earth be damned for all we care....
Same with the Tapu. Who guards the islands when the guardians are chilling insode your pokeball??
Given how Latias/Latios could fly to you from anywhere in ORAS (including the PC) and how your PC pokemon get to go on their own adventures in Sun/Moon it feels like the series is moving away from the idea that PC pokemon are literally confined inside a computer.

Instead it seems more like the PC simply links you to wherever your pokemon actually are (your home, some ranch, who knows), enabling them to be transported to your location.

So yeah, a legendary you capture can still be out doing its job if need be.

Rykel22

Info Gatherer
How would Misty Terrain boost Secret Power?

Misty Terrian makes Secret Power use Fairy Winds animation and may lower Sp.A Combine with a Scald burn and it can shut down a pokemon's offensive capacity.

Kingudora

My favourite
Misty Terrian makes Secret Power use Fairy Winds animation and may lower Sp.A Combine with a Scald burn and it can shut down a pokemon's offensive capacity.
Yes, but it is still Normal-type and Misty Terrain doesn't boost the power of Fairy moves anyway.

Given how Latias/Latios could fly to you from anywhere in ORAS (including the PC) and how your PC pokemon get to go on their own adventures in Sun/Moon it feels like the series is moving away from the idea that PC pokemon are literally confined inside a computer.

Instead it seems more like the PC simply links you to wherever your pokemon actually are (your home, some ranch, who knows), enabling them to be transported to your location.

So yeah, a legendary you capture can still be out doing its job if need be.

I always imagined that they were at oak's/professor's lab like in the anime. Seems to make the most sense, and they can go other places if necessary.

Squirtortoise

I love how much attention to detail they're paying to all the Pokemon descriptions. Reading Tapu Bulu's made me like it so much more. All the guardians seem to have an underlying sinister side, which is very refreshing.

Leviticus20:13

Talonflame Falconer
Considering the high level Vikavolt requires to get evolved, i expect its BST to be 510-540.

It would be interesting if Game Freak made a curveball and made the Grubbin line pseudo-legendaries though.

hahaha, yeah, that would be great! Vikavolt already looks legendary.

As for rowlett3, man i wish it wasn't grass/ghost. Grass/flying or Grass/poison( as in poison arrows) would be better, even grass/fighting or poison/flying would be ok.

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

I wouldn't count on 510+ BST. I'm thinking it will wind up int the Scolipede (485) to Leavanny (500) range, which will work out just fine as long as its stats are distributed well. Something like this would work:

HP: 70
ATK: 60
DEF: 65
SPA: 115
SPD: 85
SPE: 110

Status
Not open for further replies.