• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

willprogresivo

Creepy Uncle
That's easy, put your poplio3 for trade on gts, ask for a drampa in exchange.

Why would I trade my lovely Primarina?! You crazy.

Well if those boxart were fakes, then I'm definitely going Sun without worrying.

mykalriley

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
I'm certainly having a hard time.. I've been gunning for Moon since first announced, and was pretty much sold. However, since finding out whats exclusive to the versions, I'm now torn. I like the Sun exclusives much more, and can't decide if I should switch versions entirely, or just hope I can get the ones I'm searching for in trade relatively quickly.

Le'sigh

Aetius

Maybe not but some mons like Grimer to Muk just got more sludgeyer lol. Diglitt to Dugtrio basically just got two extra heads so I can live with this. Tbh I'm glad it's an evo, wish they'd change Whisiwashi to have actual evo I get the idea behind it and the whole school form thing but it's school form looks too good to not be it's own mon.

Well, Slowbro is just a Slowpoke with a weird, mutant Shellder on its tail, and Slowking is the same, but with the Shellder on its head. I'd say they're comparable.

Same goes for Shelmet and Karrablast, in a sense, since they just lose and gain a shell, respectively.

Also, Silvally being its Evo and not an alternate form means that Type: Null can run an Eviolite set. Just thought I'd throw that out there :p

I feel Voltorb and Electrode are good examples... a poke ball, just flipped over.

Hmm, I still think that Type: Null's evolution is more particular in that sense...
Even so, I understand what you mean. LOL

Orphalesion

I feel Voltorb and Electrode are good examples... a poke ball, just flipped over.

And let's not forget such other "classic" Pokemon like "Three Digletts next to each other", "Poliwhirl, but Angry" and "Three Magnemites"

Orphalesion

It's not an evolution, so it doesn't fit in with the theme, so...

But "bigger heap of slime" does, as well as "Two Vanilish with a chimney", "Slowpoke witha shell of its tail" and "Slowpoke with a shell on its head". I don't think Garbodor fits the category though because it changes up quite a bit from Trubbish (the bag bursts, it those scrap metal claws, and those goofy pigtails)

In any case there have always been evolutions that did not change very much about the Pokemon, all the way back to Generation one. And I don't think Silvally is any worse an evolution than the and I actually like the lore behind it.
However what I'm still very curious about is how we will get our Type:Null so that we can evolve it into Silvally...

Bus

I thought the spiral was reversed from Poliwhirl to Poliwrath; is that not the case?

Orphalesion

I thought the spiral was reversed from Poliwhirl to Poliwrath; is that not the case?

Nope, that's Poliwag to Poliwhirl.

But, even if "changed direction of spiral" isn't exactly a huge change either.

Last edited:

Baggie_Saiyan

Curious why they haven't shown Pikipek's evolutions yet. Really curious to see it. Why show something like Bounsweets full evo but not the starter bird? I guess the only other opportunity will be Cororo. I suppose it's good in a way surprise for the actual game and wouldn't wait to long since starter bird. I hope its Ground Flying or something that's not Normal Flying.

future.newyorker

Curious why they haven't shown Pikipek's evolutions yet. Really curious to see it. Why show something like Bounsweets full evo but not the starter bird? I guess the only other opportunity will be Cororo. I suppose it's good in a way surprise for the actual game and wouldn't wait to long since starter bird. I hope its Ground Flying or something that's not Normal Flying.

Fletchinder wasn't revealed until XY came out.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Yeah, but Talonflame was revealed long before XY came out.

To my knowledge, this is the first time they've never shown at least one of the evolutions for the bird (iirc, Tranquill and I think Staravia were revealed pre-release). This is also the first time the pseudo has been revealed pre-release. Clearly, the usual rules don't apply this time.

Huckleberry

Poison Trainer
A crane? I can see the logic behind a woodpecker, but a crane?

*snickers at the idea of logic in Pokémon evolutions*

But, seriously, logic is not necessarily the go-to rule in Pokémon.

Squirtle line: A turtle, a bigger turtle with a fluffy tail, CANNONS!
Remoraid line: A remora, OCTOPUS!
Trapinch line: An ant lion, DRAGON BUGS!

I could go on...

Julia Artemis

I don't want to spoil you guys on Pikipek's evo. Let's just say I was kind of disappointed. Overall I'm more excited about the Ghost pokemon in this gen vs any of the flying Pokemon. Though Pom Pom Oricorio might be really cool or Minior

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
A crane? I can see the logic behind a woodpecker, but a crane?
Gen 5 had a pigeon evolve into a pheasant. Is that really any different?

Pikipek's evolution is... unexpected. Let's leave it at that.

goodpeople25

I could go on...
* Groans at the idea that logical connections aren't a thing in pokemon evolutions.
Turtle, Turtles with added elements.
Gun fish, octopus cannon.
Antlion larvae, literal dragon flies which adult antlions have a connection with.
I could go on as well...

Now how connected they are can vary, but having no internal logic whatsoever is a somewhat heavy implication to make.

*laughs at the idea that being bigger is something to note in pokemon evolutions and that blastoise is apparently just 2 or more Cannons to you.

Last edited:

JVLightningLover

Veteran Trainer

I could go on...

To be fair, Remoraid to Octillery is the transition from a pistol to a cannon, and ant lions actually do become quite dragonfly-like once they mature.

Squirtle...yeah, I've got nothing. Blastoise's cannonons seem to be based on the water filtration tubes utilized by bivalves, but that has nothing to do with turtles (though it does explain why it is classified as the "Shellfish Pokemon", I guess). Also it doesn't explain why it has a muzzle and protruding ears like a mammal...

I don't want to spoil you guys on Pikipek's evo. Let's just say I was kind of disappointed. Overall I'm more excited about the Ghost pokemon in this gen vs any of the flying Pokemon. Though Pom Pom Oricorio might be really cool or Minior

I'm not disappointed my Pikipek's Final Evo. It actually does make a lot of sense, and I like its look, but I'll leave it at that for the sake of the spoiler-free crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.