• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grey Wind

Corocoro has shown stuff from trailers in the past. They don't always reveal 100% new content. With the games only being days away from being released once Corocoro comes out officially there's not even much point in revealing new stuff. There's of course the possibilty but I don't see it likely.

Nah, I think we'll definitely get some new stuff. The CoroCoros close to game release always reveal a lot, iirc. I could definitely see us getting the starter evos, Cosmog and a bunch of other stuff (probably Pikipek's evos and maybe the TCG leaked thing).

For reference, in XY's last CoroCoro we got starter evos, Noibat, Fletchinder, Carbink, Espurr, Binacle, Diggersby, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Floette, Heliolisk and a couple of megas. BW gave us a similar number.

TyLogic

Maybe some more new Ultra Beasts? Pikipek's final evo? Unrevealed Alolan forms?

If they do reveal something, I hope it's not the rest of the Trial Captains. We know enough of those...

glacialcat

Nah, I think we'll definitely get some new stuff. The CoroCoros close to game release always reveal a lot, iirc. I could definitely see us getting the starter evos, Cosmog and a bunch of other stuff (probably Pikipek's evos and maybe the TCG leaked thing).

For reference, in XY's last CoroCoro we got starter evos, Noibat, Fletchinder, Carbink, Espurr, Binacle, Diggersby, Dragalge, Clawitzer, Floette, Heliolisk and a couple of megas. BW gave us a similar number.

To be fair that CoroCoro was technically supposed to release after X/Y came out. X and Y came out on the 12th, CoroCoro on the 15th. So that could've been "recap of what you already found out." This CoroCoro will release before the official release date of the games.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
So, today I learned minior gets shell smash .

Oh god I want this pokemon.
Seemed like a given, but it's weird to think about how a Minior with its shields down would use the move. :p

TyLogic

So, today I learned minior gets shell smash .

Oh god I want this pokemon.

Really!? I love that move! Where did you see that!?

glacialcat

Really!? I love that move! Where did you see that!?

I believe the Minior in the Train-On #3 advert was shown with it. I can't read Japanese, but at one point we see all 4 of it's moves. I believe one was Acrobatics as well.

Shell Smash + White Herb + Acrobatics is a pretty good sounding combo.

Edit: Still can't speak Japanese, but compared the symbols. It definitely learns Shell Smash, Acrobatics, and Stone Edge. Don't know what the other one is. Normal type with 10 PP and 3 characters in its Japanese name.

Edit 2: I was going through the entire list of Normal-type moves with 10 PP before I suddenly remembered... it used Protect the previous turn... yeah its final move is Protect. Normal, 10 PP, 3 characters. I'm dumb.

Last edited:

GDK

I believe the Minior in the Train-On #3 advert was shown with it. I can't read Japanese, but at one point we see all 4 of it's moves. I believe one was Acrobatics as well.

Edit: Still can't speak Japanese, but compared the symbols. It definitely learns Shell Smash, Acrobatics, and Stone Edge. Don't know what the other one is. Normal type with 10 PP and 3 characters in its Japanese name.

Yep the four moves are stone edge (becoming the z move I suppose), protect, shell smash and acrobatics (useless since Z crystal but heh at least it can be usefull with the wihite herb combo).

TyLogic

Edit 2: I was going through the entire list of Normal-type moves with 10 PP before I suddenly remembered... it used Protect the previous turn... yeah its final move is Protect. Normal, 10 PP, 3 characters. I'm dumb.

I want it to be a new move, but I know that it isn't, because they would've said something about it already.

EDIT: Oh, Protect.
Your not dumb friend. Everyone forgets things every now and then.

Here's what's dumb. I use to think that if you leveled up a Shuckle to level 50 and gave it a Fire Stone, it would evolve into Torkoal.
(Please don't continue this)

Last edited:

Grey Wind

To be fair that CoroCoro was technically supposed to release after X/Y came out. X and Y came out on the 12th, CoroCoro on the 15th. So that could've been "recap of what you already found out." This CoroCoro will release before the official release date of the games.

I suppose, but CoroCoro released before BW did in September and had a similar number. With their weird desire to reveal everything I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a fair bit.

Then again, CoroCoro hasn't really had much this year so maybe it won't reveal a whole lot.

TyLogic

I suppose, but CoroCoro released before BW did in September and had a similar number. With their weird desire to reveal everything I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a fair bit.

Then again, CoroCoro hasn't really had much this year so maybe it won't reveal a whole lot.

Yeah. I think that the maximum number of new Pokemom that we got this time was four. I think it's plausible to anticipate official trailers than CoroCoro now...

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
Seemed like a given, but it's weird to think about how a Minior with its shields down would use the move. :p

You mean once it's shields are down? It'll need to use the move before if changes form for best results.
I too am looking forward to battling with one. They seem really cool

TyLogic

You mean once it's shields are down? It'll need to use the move before if changes form for best results.
I too am looking forward to battling with one. They seem really cool

Doesn't loosing the shell already increase its speed and attack?

Also, If Minior's health gets lowered and Shields Down activates. but it eats a Sitrus Berry to regain health (Putting its health back above half), will it get its shell back, or would you have to take it to a Pokemon Center?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
It was a joke, since without its shields it doesn't exactly have a shell to smash off.

TyLogic

Speaking of Abilities, I completely forgot that the new Ability-Battery-even existed.

I hope they give this Ability to other Pokemon, because it doesn't make sense for a new Ability to be exclusive to a middle stage Pokemon.
Maybe Joltik or Elekid can get it?

Sakuraba

Speaking of Abilities, I completely forgot that the new Ability-Battery-even existed.

I hope they give this Ability to other Pokemon, because it doesn't make sense for a new Ability to be exclusive to a middle stage Pokemon.
Maybe Joltik or Elekid can get it?

I can see the Electvire family getting it. Maybe even the Manetric line. But it probably only as new HA.

TyLogic

I can see the Electvire family getting it. Maybe even the Manetric line. But it probably only as new HA.

That's what I was thinking.

The new Abilities are interesting and I hope that they are distributed properly. I can see a good number of Pokemon with Stamina.

glacialcat

Honestly Battery is really strong, and it's a straight upgrade to Plus and Minus (except for Magnetic Flux but come on you forgot Magnetic Flux existed). I don't seem them giving it out much. It's an insanely powerful ability in doubles, and I think there's a reason we only know a single midstage Pokemon with it. Give it to anything that could pose a threat itself and that's scary.

They probably only made the ability to make the Electric Trial harder. Still betting it'll be a Vikavolt that SOS Calls Chargabugs.

TyLogic

Honestly Battery is really strong, and it's a straight upgrade to Plus and Minus (except for Magnetic Flux but come on you forgot Magnetic Flux existed). I don't seem them giving it out much. It's an insanely powerful ability in doubles, and I think there's a reason we only know a single midstage Pokemon with it. Give it to anything that could pose a threat itself and that's scary.

They probably only made the ability to make the Electric Trial harder. Still betting it'll be a Vikavolt that SOS Calls Chargabugs.

Yeah. Generation 6 made a lot of things that are easily forgotten (Or things that it would take a while for you to figure out)
I guess it's good, but we'll have to wait and see. I wanted to use Vikavolt, but I don't know if I'll keep Charjabug on my team until level 40 (If that's when it evolves)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.