• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baggie_Saiyan

I feel the same way, was not happy at all with its evolution, and that's one major reason why I didn't even bother taking a Crabrawler with me beyond Melemele Island.

I had Crabrawler while I was playing Sun waiting for my Moon copy to arrive it (wanted to play Moon first) I didn't find a Crabrawler until near the end of the second island so didn't fit it in my Moon team guess I'll slap an eviolite on it when I play Sun again. I absolutely love Crabrawler but I had that sinking feeling when I saw its evo pop out the GTS lol.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Crawbrawler should take Ash's Pikachu route and just never evolve. Pretty sure in LC it's going to run amuck anyways, but for aesthetics there's literally no reason to evolve it. Competitively, there's little reason to evolve it because the enormous power it packs as Crabominable is completely circumvented by abysmal speed and poor defenses for its type. Another slow Ice-type, haven't seen that before. -_-'

Love the way Crawbrawler locks his punch in chamber before throwing a Maywheather sized jab.

Baggie_Saiyan

Crawbrawler should take Ash's Pikachu route and just never evolve. Pretty sure in LC it's going to run amuck anyways, but for aesthetics there's literally no reason to evolve it. Competitively, there's little reason to evolve it because the enormous power it packs as Crabominable is completely circumvented by abysmal speed and poor defenses for its type. Another slow Ice-type, haven't seen that before. -_-'

Love the way Crawbrawler locks his punch in chamber before throwing a Maywheather sized jab.

Exactly it didn't need evolving. Give it 100 or so more BST and we're good. Komala was the one that should have got an evo instead.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
Exactly it didn't need evolving. Give it 100 or so more BST and we're good. Komala was the one that should have got an evo instead.

Sadly, there's some NFE Pokémon which fall victim to this case. It's a great concept; a coconut crab that aimed for the top, overly succeeded, and got super hairy. All the Bagons in the world share a cathartic tear of sympathy.

But in execution... Crabanapple is a complete mess, including its cumbersome name!

Although I'm going to differentiate on Komala a little. When it gets move tutor moves, it'll undoubtedly get more options, despite its low base stats. By the way, Komala actually has better attack than Kommo-O people. A koala that's more dangerous than a fierce fighting shogun dragon, even without the chlamydia. Let that sink in...

BlitzGirl41

Sadly, there's some NFE Pokémon which fall victim to this case. It's a great concept; a coconut crab that aimed for the top, overly succeeded, and got super hairy. All the Bagons in the world share a cathartic tear of sympathy.

But in execution... Crabanapple is a complete mess, including its cumbersome name!

Although I'm going to differentiate on Komala a little. When it gets move tutor moves, it'll undoubtedly get more options, despite its low base stats. By the way, Komala actually has better attack than Kommo-O people. A koala that's more dangerous than a fierce fighting shogun dragon, even without the chlamydia. Let that sink in...

On the topic of Kommo-o, Iactually dropped it in the end because I wasn't happy with its moveset. Instead used an Alolan Sandslash, teaching it Brick Beak, because, despite its low defenses, its attack is decent and the Ice STAB is what I needed in my team. Maybe in another play-through I will actually use Kommo-o more. Sad I had to drop him since I planned on using him before the games came out.

Baggie_Saiyan

Yo! I knew it has a good attack stat but that's a wild fact. Did they make Kommo-o a mixed attacker then?

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
As Azery said. Really, he's the Golduck of Pseudo Legendaries. Base 600, but its stats are very averaged, except Defense. It'll be much better with tutors, especially since it has the surprise potential of Lucario or Infernape. Is it special, is it physical, is it mixed, does it shuffle, is it Agili- you'll find it when it's mowing down your team.

Baggie_Saiyan

Okay just seen it's stats pretty good spread. Clanging scales is special is kinda of disappointing but I guess I need a special on my squad anyway (so far got 4 physical and 2 special attackers). My Dartrix is bold but doesn't learn any special moves by level up is a real bummer.

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
I'm surprised by how much I've grown to like Incineroar since his official reveal, he's actually become my favourite Alola starter Pokemon. At first I despised him because from the leaks he looked like another Fire/Fighting type and the other 2 just looked more impressive and original to me. After seeing how expressive he was in his official reveal trailer I started to warm up to him and it made me consider choosing Litten as my starter. After I found out that none of my friends picked Litten as their starter I decided to and I'm glad I did. Incineroar proved to be an absolute monster in my play through of Moon and I love how expressive he is during all his moves and in Refresh. I bred myself a 6IV Adamant Litten for the Battle Tree and he's proving to be a huge help in BP farming. Just sucks that he's so slow compared to Torracat. When Bank updates and I can transfer some old Pokemon through I'll be able to use him with better team support which I'm really looking forward to.

I love most of the new Pokemon this generation but so far Incineroar is my second favourite behind Salazzle.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
Gen 5 if they cut it too about 70-80 it wouldn't have the bad reputation it seems to have and luckily GF realised that.

That's probably too much, 11 is more like it. Klink, Trubbish, Vanillite, and Tepig lines are the most controversial designs iirc.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I last time I checked, people are annoyed that the no. of new mons dropped below 100 as of recent.

Including the Alola forms, the number is...98. Yeah, it dropped below 100, though with those regional forms included, it was very close.

That's probably too much, 11 is more like it. Klink, Trubbish, Vanillite, and Tepig lines are the most controversial designs iirc.

"Controversial" as in love-it-or-hate-it? Because I'm on the "love it" side for all four. (I even used Klinklang and Vanilluxe online, though not on the same team.) The one gripe I would have about any of those four is the horrid type coverage Klinklang has. Otherwise, I seem to like Pokémon themed on non-living objects way more than some other people, who seem to be quite vocal about it all. (Except for the Geodude line, the Magnemite line, the Voltorb line, Rotom, Sudowoodo, Unown, Sigilyph, the Golett line, the Nosepass line, the Baltoy line, Solrock, Lunatone, Chimecho, the Drifloon line...and so forth.)

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Yeah Gen 6 had pretty good overall designs too. Gen 5 if they cut it too about 70-80 it wouldn't have the bad reputation it seems to have and luckily GF realised that.

Anyway yeah after a few comments here about Pikipeks evo I was worried but I loved Trumbeak. Toucannon looks good and is currently my red button since it's Lv29 my highest level.

A lot of people love the gen 5 games..... it's the gen 5 anime that gets **** on.
If they wanted to make a regional dex of 300 Pokemon and not even 1/3 of that is new Pokemon, that's just stupid. We really only got one new Dark type in Incineroar.

cl94

The love/hate for Gen 5 comes from when people started playing. Everyone I knew who started playing in Gen I or II hates Gen 5 for several reasons. Designs, the sheer number of new Pokemon (more than there were in Gen 1, for crying out loud) and the inability to get any of the old favorites until late in the game annoyed a bunch of people. The Gen III people love it. Me? Not a fan for multiple reasons, but to each their own.

2 dark types. Guzzlord is dark/dragon.

Victreebong

Gives 'em the slip..
We didn't get a whole lot of new Darks, but there's four families that got new forms with Dark-typing. Remember, Ash Greninja's in there too. And while Faticate is underwhelming, the others are quite potent. It's a mixed bag whether or not you care for their designs.

phanpycross

God-king
Yeah, the type balance doesnt really make any sense without taking Alola forms into account.

Only 1 Ice and 2 dark types, but two whole lines dedicated to Pure Grass and Water/Bug?

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Yeah, the type balance doesnt really make any sense without taking Alola forms into account.

Only 1 Ice and 2 dark types, but two whole lines dedicated to Pure Grass and Water/Bug?
This isn't exactly the first time something like this has happened (Kanto had like what, three Grass/Poison lines?).

Not to mention Alola being bare of Ice-types was something to be expected.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
This isn't exactly the first time something like this has happened (Kanto had like what, three Grass/Poison lines?).

Not to mention Alola being bare of Ice-types was something to be expected.

True. I mean, Hoenn only had two Ice families as well as one legendary and Hoenn was supposed to be more tropical-ish.

cl94

Water/bug is a type combo that was sorely needed. Being as most Pokemon are based on animals and there are a boatload of bugs that live in the water, the fact that we only had one before Gen VII is a bit shocking.

That being said, we finally got a fire/dragon that isn't a mega or a legendary. That may have been one of the most obvious combos out there, at least from Western mythology.

There are a few other type combos that showed up for the first time. Ice/fighting, rock and fairy, rock/electric, fairy/bug and ghost, normal/dark and dragon, dragon/fighting, poison/fire and rock, and once Marshadow gets released, fighting/ghost. That's a total of 12 new type combinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.