• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Highly unlikely. It's based on a typical Chinese Dragon, as well as the Chinese myth of Zhulong(Basically a Chinese Dragon with an old man face).

The arms are still arms, the Dragons simply fly...by magic Dragon powers I guess.

interesting indeed. So when it's dex entries states that it comes down from the mountain everyday, I guess it flies down then eh.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I don't like how many of the new Pokemon have such poor speed stats. It almost cost me some matches.

Wryteous

Rogue Trainer
I don't like how many of the new Pokemon have such poor speed stats. It almost cost me some matches.
I dislike it too. For the single player game it's fine as everyone is using these pokemon. But for online play a lot of Alolan pokemon aren't speedsters except for a few like Salazzle,Minior and S-Lycanroc. (Plus Phermosa/Tapu Koko obviously) There's going to be a lot of sticky webs and agility strategies to better use them I think

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
On the other hand, all these slow pokes are basically new toys for Trick Room team to use.

gliscor&yanmega

On the other hand, all these slow pokes are basically new toys for Trick Room team to use.
For the most part, some are in that middle range that could backfire with Trick Room.

Nonetheless, they clearly wanted to expand on battle styles. Battles can me more intense now too instead of one/two shot kos(Not that they still don't happen).

I always feel iffy about EV training Speed since if something faster battles you then your EVs were wasted and could have helped more in bulk.

There are a few Pokemon that kind of got the short end though(My poor Lurantis), but most have some use.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Curious about Pyukumuku. Do you guys find it useful in a standard playthrough?

sketchersmeargle

Yes, I found it was a great addition

Mine had Bide, Counter, Purify and Rain Dance. Held a Fightinium Z.

Won lots of major fights like Lusamine's Bewear (both times), Kukui's Inciniroar and Snorlax, Hala's Bewear and Crabominable. Plus Olivia's guys.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Salazzle's Pokedex entry has "reverse harem" in it. Why is this in a game for kids?!

nel3

Crimson Dragon
Salazzle's Pokedex entry has "reverse harem" in it. Why is this in a game for kids?!

thats not very bad given other entries. among the many, Gardevoir can summon black holes to protect its trainer. there are more dangerous pokedex entry blurbs in the game.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
thats not very bad given other entries. among the many, Gardevoir can summon black holes to protect its trainer. there are more dangerous pokedex entry blurbs in the game.

Yeah, but "harem" is one of the non-swear words that really shouldn't be in kid's media

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord

It's an actual term used in describing animal behavior. It only means something wrong to you because you're associating it with a different use.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Yeah, but "harem" is one of the non-swear words that really shouldn't be in kid's media

harem isn't really a bad word as it's just a way for some animals to reproduce as it has it's advantages. If you apply it to humans, we add on a bunch of other meanings to it instead of just the best way to survive.

Lions have harems and Pyroar's episode hinted at them keeping that in pokemon too due to Litleo having to leave the pride at a certain age. Mainly when he becomes big enough that he becomes a threat to the leader pyroar so he gets the boot. Salazzle just has the extra sexualness added to her which doesn't help not give any extra meanings that we'd apply only to humans.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Yeah, there are many other, more suggestive things about Salazzle than just the mention of the word "harem" in its Pokédex entry. Like how Salazzle really likes it when you go into Pokémon Refresh and start rubbing her nether regions.

Bguy7

The Dragon Lord
Yeah, there are many other, more suggestive things about Salazzle than just the mention of the word "harem" in its Pokédex entry. Like how Salazzle really likes it when you go into Pokémon Refresh and start rubbing her nether regions.

To be fair, doesn't that happen with most Pokemon? It's simply the consequence of allowing the player to pet anywhere they want, and the having to have the Pokemon respond in some way.

BCVM22

It's almost as if there's nothing wrong with the term "harem" in the biological sense being used in a Pokédex entry, AND any issues one has with Salazzle in Refresh aren't exclusive to Salazzle alone.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Huh...I didn't think "harem" was something kids were OK with. Well, at least animal harems. The more you know...

Pyukumuku is adorable. I love the fact they're so stupidly stubborn they'd stay in one position even if it means they die. Not even Slowpoke's that dumb

Requiem Aeternam

Dance like an eggplant!
Pyukumuku is adorable. I love the fact they're so stupidly stubborn they'd stay in one position even if it means they die. Not even Slowpoke's that dumb

Pyukumuku is one of my favourite Alola Pokemon. It's cry alone does it for me. I really need to EV train one even if it's a terrible Pokemon in battle. It's just too cute to not have.

Status
Not open for further replies.