• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chomper4

I believe that it is a woodpecker and the main region bird like Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly, Pidove, and Fletchling.

New Porygon form confirmed.

Joking aside, great analysis--I also lean toward the view that it's just going to be the region's bird.

Fletchling was a nice curveball adding the Fire-type (and being a pretty awesome Pokemon), but all other gens have just been Normal/Flying. So I'm not getting my hopes up too much.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I'm hoping for more Pokemon I'll pick as favorites (It's happened in every generation so far.) Also hoping for type combinations not seen before.

LePetitMeow

As far as new Pokemon go, I'm hoping for a number similar to the 4th gen. We got a number of NEW Pokemon, a hoard of new evolutions for older Pokemon, AND a ton of legendaries and mythical Pokemon.

If the speculation if correct about Hawaii being the region's real-world inspiration, then I'm guessing for a lot of new grass, bug, water, and rock types. Maybe add in a few poison and fire types (volcanoes, of course) as well.

The inclusion of a dolphin Pokemon, a new bird and butterfly, and I would personally love to see them create a Peacock-themed Pokemon. Animals that are traditionally found in tropical regions; geckos, amphibians, insects, small rodents, monkeys, etc.

I always tend to pick out at LEAST six favorites, including ONE starter, so my teams for each generation tend to include ONLY Pokemon FROM that generation. I hope that I'm able to accomplish this once more!

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
I'd just want to see it's fully evolved form being one that rarely flies. It's kind of boring seeing every regional bird having the same flapping animation.

Jirachi100

Kirby Fan
I'm hoping for more Pokemon I'll pick as favorites (It's happened in every generation so far.) Also hoping for type combinations not seen before.
I forgot something. I also hope for evolutions and pre-evolutions of already existing Pokemon. When did they last do this? Generation 4? I don't count mega evolutions as the same thing.

esquilo09

I believe that it is a woodpecker and the main region bird like Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly, Pidove, and Fletchling.

I agree, it is definitely the regional bird and this time it is based on a woodpecker.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
yeah we need more fairy types. A lot more. I love the new type, it's really good both offensively and defensively. But there aren't enough pokemon of that type. I hope they introduce some fairies with other new secondary types.

And I still wanna see a fire/grass type. It could be done. And more eeveelutions.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
And I still wanna see a fire/grass type. It could be done. And more eeveelutions.

I can see a Grass/Fire type being based on like, a chilli pepper or something.

I can see a Grass/Fire type being based on like, a chilli pepper or something.

...the only Grass/Fire Pokémon on that "leaked list" (which is surely now debunked) and the only Pokémon in fan made games that are Grass/Fire...

Are always chilli peppers.

LockFelino

Sparkling Noodleboi
...the only Grass/Fire Pokémon on that "leaked list" (which is surely now debunked) and the only Pokémon in fan made games that are Grass/Fire...

Are always chilli peppers.

Well it's either that or Fire/Ghost for a literal ghost pepper. :v

Tsukuyomi56

Emblian Royalty
Have my fingers crossed that we finally get a Pokémon based on a griffin, think a likely type for it could be Fighting/Flying. If we end up going the Egyptian mythology route for the Sun/Moon legendaries, I could see the Pokémon being based off Ra and Khonsu, would also be cool if the Pokémon is inspired by Amaterasu and Tsukuyomi from Japanese mythology instead.

witchboi

I def want a dolphin pokemon and it to be Water/Psychic since they are so smart. Also it would be fun if we could ride them similar to Gogoat or be able to race on them on a fun water race course.

cmats4020

Here's some things I'd like to see for Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon, new Pokémon wise:

Dragon Eeveelution
Poison Eeveelution
Car based
Zombie based
Farfetch'd evolution
Delibird evolution
Clock based
Triceratops based
Stegosaurus based
Battery based
Llama based
Armadillo based
Gopher based
Quokka based
Capybara based
Kangaroo based
Anaconda based
Apple based
Moose based
Wolf based
Sableye pre evolution
Mawile pre evolution
Alien broccoli based

Those are just some, not all, of my ideas.

I'd rather have a Ghost and Dragon Eeveelution this gen because both types would be super effective against themselves. Otherwise, yes.

Missingno.Fan

My ideas:
Reindeer (ice with the ability to learn Fly; shiny has a red nose)
Dolphin (water/psychic)
Cheetah (electric)
Peacock
Kangaroo (better one than Kangaskhan)
Koala
Hummingbird (grass/flying)
Turkey
Donkey
Narwhal
Mercury based creature (steel/poison; has solid and liquid forms)

Pacman

It would be nice to have duel-types that they don't have. Like the Grass/Fire one. Maybe, stuff like Fairy/Dragon, Fairy/Dark, Fairy/Ghost, Ghost/Dark, Fight/Psychic etc.

Also, more Eeveelutions. I maybe crazy, but I want a Eeveelution for every type.

Status
Not open for further replies.