• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
I know we got quite a few dinosaurs in Pokémon but I feel one particular group of dinosaurs hasn't gotten the love it's supposed to get:

The Hadrosaurs (Also known as the duck-billed dinosaurs) and from this group there's one that has been my favourite dinosaur of all time and one I've wanted
to see being made as a Pokémon for years and that dinosaur is:

Parasaurolophus-Images.jpg

Parasaurolophus

If it's created as a fossil, I could see it being a Rock/Water type that uses it's tube-like crest as a snorkel like in the old theories about the dinosaur's crest.

If it's a Pokémon of which it's first form can be commonly found in the wild, I could see it being a Dragon/Fairy, Grass/Water or Grass/Dragon type.

Attachments

• Parasaurolophus-Images.jpg
    Parasaurolophus-Images.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 35

fire fan 888

My personal desire is for a burrowing owl pokemon. Ground-flying isnt a common typing, and I think a burrowing owl pokemon would be so neat. But hey Im just excited for a woodpecker pokemon.

I also heard the idea for a fire-grass type, like a burning tree. Yes please!

I know we got quite a few dinosaurs in Pokémon but I feel one particular group of dinosaurs hasn't gotten the love it's supposed to get:

The Hadrosaurs (Also known as the duck-billed dinosaurs) and from this group there's one that has been my favourite dinosaur of all time and one I've wanted
to see being made as a Pokémon for years and that dinosaur is:

If it's created as a fossil, I could see it being a Rock/Water type that uses it's tube-like crest as a snorkel like in the old theories about the dinosaur's crest.

If it's a Pokémon of which it's first form can be commonly found in the wild, I could see it being a Dragon/Fairy, Grass/Water or Grass/Dragon type.

I really dig this idea. I'd like to see the other fossil being a stegosaurus! they haven't touched these animals yet and they'd make memorable pokemon!

I love all the ideas of mammal fossils; I really hope they dont make more ancient mammals non-fossil pokemon (like mamoswine). I want a sabertooth tiger pokemon!

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
So an owl? Well we have Hoothoot and Noctowl which are based on owls. I suppose we could get another owl pokemon, but hopefully not as the regional bird this time. ^^

I believe the bird they're referencing is a potoo, not just an ordinary owl (I'm assuming barn owl is what most consider an "ordinary owl"). It's known for its obnoxiously large, expressive eyes.

esquilo09

So an owl? Well we have Hoothoot and Noctowl which are based on owls. I suppose we could get another owl pokemon, but hopefully not as the regional bird this time. ^^

Its not an owl, its a potoo bird. Btw SlowPokeBroKing, I'm a boy.

Last edited:

esquilo09

I see. I just Google'd it and wow, they have the scariest eyes I've ever seen on an animal. If we get a potoo bird pokemon, I'm sure it would give Espurr's eyes a run for their money. ^^;
Potoos are known to not only have large eyes, but they're also known for their melancholic chirps. According to some legends in my country, a boy fell into a hole and cried for help, he was saved by a shepherd girl and not seeing her due to pitch black, he thanked her and made a love proposal, until the moon luminated her, he saw that she has a hideous face, horrified by it, he tried to get away while trying not to be rude, he told her that he had to do something first and promised her that he would return, but he didn't... So while searching for him, the shepherd girl ran into an old lady(who was actually a witch), she tells her what happened and wished that she could fly to search for him, so the witch turned her into a brown, big eyed bird, so it is said that the potoo flies in search of her beloved while doing a melancholic chirp, hoping that he would hear her.

Potoos are also known to camouflage by pretending to be a stump. So should it be Grass/Flying or Ghost/Flying?

Btw SlowPokeBroKing, I said that because you said they're referring, when actually I was the one referring the bird, so you should have said "he".

Last edited:

SlowPokeBroKing

Future Gym Leader
Btw SlowPokeBroKing, I said that because you said they're referring, when actually I was the one referring the bird, so you should have said "he".

In the US, if we don't know the gender of a person, we sometimes just refer to that person as "they" or "them." I didn't literally mean "they" suggesting multiple people. But I guess now I don't have to use ambiguous pronouns with you since I now know you're male. And I don't mean any of this in a condescending way. I'm assuming based on your location being set as Brazil, you may not be a native speaker and we just have a bunch of informal rules in the US. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. But if you are not a native English speaker, don't hesitate to ask if you're confused by a phrase one of us might use.

esquilo09

In the US, if we don't know the gender of a person, we sometimes just refer to that person as "they" or "them." I didn't literally mean "they" suggesting multiple people. But I guess now I don't have to use ambiguous pronouns with you since I now know you're male. And I don't mean any of this in a condescending way. I'm assuming based on your location being set as Brazil, you may not be a native speaker and we just have a bunch of informal rules in the US. If I'm wrong, I'm sorry. But if you are not a native English speaker, don't hesitate to ask if you're confused by a phrase one of us might use.
Actually, you're correct, I'm a Brazilian and don't worry, next time, I'll ask you if there is an english word that I dunno the meaning.

clbgolden12

Alolan (and soon to be Galarian) trainer
Another cool thing would be a grim reaper based Pokemon. It would start out as this tiny blackish purplish spirit thing that was basically limbless, then evolve into something more human like with floating hands and a red (or purple) hooded cape. Since the reaper is most known for its scythe, it could have a signature move called "Shadow Scythe", where it creates a scythe out of thin air and uses it for either a special or physical attack depending on which stat is higher or something. Typing would be Ghost/Fighting.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Potoos are also known to camouflage by pretending to be a stump. So should it be Grass/Flying or Ghost/Flying?

I like the idea of having another animalian Ghost Pokémon this gen. So far we only have Shedinja, Frillish and Jellicent, with all of the other Ghosts being based off mythical spirits and/or demons from folklore or based off of some possessed inanimate object (with the exception of the plants Phantump and Pumpkaboo lines). In other words, a Ghost/Flying potoo bird would be cool.

A Poison/Fairy Cattleya flower Pokémon would be a nice addition to the non-Grass flowermons. This and the Toadstool line I wanted would make for great counterparts/version exclusives.

Speaking of counterparts, what other kinds of version exclusives could be done (every gen and remake has them unfortuneately, so I don't think they'll be breaking that tradition seven generations in)?

dextre

Psychic
I hope we will get an actual evolution of Liepard. It looks like a black panther, with circular patterns in Liepard's body remain, as well as the pink 'mask'. Dark/Fairy would fit it as it learns Play Rough as a final move. Its high stats are attack and speed, with ability Moxie or a new ability. We need more physical fairy type I think, also more physical fairy moves.

Eko2

I know this is really hard to explain and a lot of you may just skip this over because of of much work is involved, but hey this is half of the fun!
Because I can't post an image of this, I've tried using Photoshop on the Sun/Moon trailer. At 1:44 You'll notice that they are *pretending* to draw on the Sun/Moon logo with a straight edge and a pencil.
You'll see a bunch of papers on the desk that have images printed on them, where the images are actually reflective in the light. It's realllllyyyy hard to see unless you have Photoshop and can change the tint and play with the color hues. But you'll see under his hand a dark image, and above his hand a weird design in the shape of an x? I first thought it was a weird type of logo, till I looked at it with a green tint and noticed it appeared to be a serpent type design?

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I know this is really hard to explain and a lot of you may just skip this over because of of much work is involved, but hey this is half of the fun!
Because I can't post an image of this, I've tried using Photoshop on the Sun/Moon trailer. At 1:44 You'll notice that they are *pretending* to draw on the Sun/Moon logo with a straight edge and a pencil.
You'll see a bunch of papers on the desk that have images printed on them, where the images are actually reflective in the light. It's realllllyyyy hard to see unless you have Photoshop and can change the tint and play with the color hues. But you'll see under his hand a dark image, and above his hand a weird design in the shape of an x? I first thought it was a weird type of logo, till I looked at it with a green tint and noticed it appeared to be a serpent type design?

I dunno, his hand is blocking too much for me to really make anything out.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
Speaking of counterparts, what other kinds of version exclusives could be done (every gen and remake has them unfortuneately, so I don't think they'll be breaking that tradition seven generations in)?

Most famous counterparts are in the following traditions:

-Same type, and same overall archetype with opposite stat distributions. Muk/Weezing, Kingler/Seadra, Lilligant/Whimsicott etc.

-Same habitat, different types. Sandslash/Arbok, Mawile/Sableye etc.

-Roughly the same animal, different concepts, Aron/Larvitar, Houndoom/Electrike etc.

There are probably others, but this should give an idea how these work.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Trainer Yusuf said:
Most famous counterparts are in the following traditions:

-Same type, and same overall archetype with opposite stat distributions. Muk/Weezing, Kingler/Seadra, Lilligant/Whimsicott etc.

-Same habitat, different types. Sandslash/Arbok, Mawile/Sableye etc.

-Roughly the same animal, different concepts, Aron/Larvitar, Houndoom/Electrike etc.

There are probably others, but this should give an idea how these work.

Honey badger's are definitely something I want to see happen.

Perhaps version exclusives for these games will be that Goblin shark and the Whale shark. Same habitat, different species.

esquilo09

Honey badger's are definitely something I want to see happen.

Perhaps version exclusives for these games will be that Goblin shark and the Whale shark. Same habitat, different species.

That would be cool, what type the honey badger-like Pokémon should be? And what type to combine with water for the Goblin Shark-like Pokémon?

Status
Not open for further replies.