• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
I hope we get a rabbit pokemon as as there is a tale/folklore about it in japan connecting to the moon and I find it fitting for this generation. I think it would be a cool starter being water, water/fairy, or water/ghost. Or since I'm kind of done with the draconic,big, and flying legendaries and thought it would be cool if the two main legendaries this gen were a rooster(sun) or rabbit(moon), or they could just be regular pokemon that are version exclusives.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
I hope we get a rabbit pokemon as as there is a tale/folklore about it in japan connecting to the moon and I find it fitting for this generation. I think it would be a cool starter being water, water/fairy, or water/ghost. Or since I'm kind of done with the draconic,big, and flying legendaries and thought it would be cool if the two main legendaries this gen were a rooster(sun) or rabbit(moon), or they could just be regular pokemon that are version exclusives.

Oooh The Jade Rabbit? That would be a really cool idea for a Pokemon.

Rock/Fairy typing would be fitting for it, IMO. The lore behind it is really interesting, I suggest you all read up on it. :)

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
For version exclusives, I'd like to see a Wood-Nymph Grass/Fairy and a Werewolf Fighting/Fairy.
Sun includes the Wood-Nymph, and Moon includes the Werewolf.

For trade-evolution Pokémon this generation, I'd like to see a Fire typed line require trade to get to the strong, final stage. It's usually been Fighting and Rock lines in past generations (Golem and Machamp in Gen 1, and Gigalith and Conkeldurr in Gen 5). How about a Fire and a Fairy line requiring trade for evolution?

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
For version exclusives, I'd like to see a Wood-Nymph Grass/Fairy and a Werewolf Fighting/Fairy.
Sun includes the Wood-Nymph, and Moon includes the Werewolf.

For trade-evolution Pokémon this generation, I'd like to see a Fire typed line require trade to get to the strong, final stage. It's usually been Fighting and Rock lines in past generations (Golem and Machamp in Gen 1, and Gigalith and Conkeldurr in Gen 5). How about a Fire and a Fairy line requiring trade for evolution?

A fairy and ghost line requiring trade for evolution would be intresting.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
What about a new Eeveelution?

If we got Sylveon in gen 6, what do you guys think about another one this gen? Perhaps the long awaited Dragon typed one?

Nunn

Pokermanz Meister!
I dunno about eeveelutions. Since gen 2 it has been every other generation. But it also was pairs until gen 6, so I guess there isn't really a pattern.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
A fairy and ghost line requiring trade for evolution would be intresting.

Well, Gourgeist and Trevenant required trade evolutions, but perhaps it wouldn't hurt to have three or four Pokémon lines introduced in SM that required trade (Fairy, Ghost, Fire, and maybe Ground).

For the Fairy line, the base is an based on an imp. It grows into a slightly bigger imp that has a rock-shield growing from its left arm and a sharp dagger in its right hand. It diverges into two different kinds of fairies after trade depending on its gender. The male becomes a Rock/Fairy ogre and the female becomes a Steel/Fairy warrior elf.

The Ghost line is a black wolf line that resembles Smile-Dog (AKA cutest dog evar). The pup is grinning, the more mature wolf is more husky-like, and it's showing its smile, and trading the smiling wolf brings about a black-red larger wolf with its ears back.

An alpaca line is the Fire line requiring trade. Small burning coal llama to a larger alpaca, which upon trade evo, it becomes like Mega-Absol, in that it develops fiery wings, but doesn't necessarily get a Flying secondary type.

The Ground line is a bipedal capybara line.

What about a new Eeveelution?

If we got Sylveon in gen 6, what do you guys think about another one this gen? Perhaps the long awaited Dragon typed one?

I'd definitely would like a Flying and a Dragon Eeveelution.
But I also want a Poison and a Ghost Eeveelution that evolves via lowest Friendship in the day and the night, respectively.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I'd definitely would like a Flying and a Dragon Eeveelution.
But I also want a Poison and a Ghost Eeveelution that evolves via lowest Friendship in the day and the night, respectively.

Man, that is such a pain, though.
It is so hard to get Low Friendship, I don't think I ever got below Base Friendship for any Pokémon I had.

I'd personally like to see a Bug-Type Eeveelution, alongside a Dragon-Type Eeveelution.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
It is so hard to get Low Friendship, I don't think I ever got below Base Friendship for any Pokémon I had.

I'd personally like to see a Bug-Type Eeveelution, alongside a Dragon-Type Eeveelution.

Perhaps a Trade-with-Item Evolution method then.
Maybe for Bug, there has to be a specific Bug type in the party with Eevee for it to evolve. Or maybe the party requires five different Bug lines for Eevee to be influenced to evolve into a Bug Eeveelution.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Perhaps a Trade-with-Item Evolution method then.
Maybe for Bug, there has to be a specific Bug type in the party with Eevee for it to evolve. Or maybe the party requires five different Bug lines for Eevee to be influenced to evolve into a Bug Eeveelution.

Yeesh, I'd rather not have to Trade to get Eeveelutions, Trade Evolutions Always just made it unnecessarily hard for me to get them.
I suppose it could just work like Pancham and have one other Bug Type in the Party, since, while I get the hive mind idea, requiring five Bugs is a bit much, and in Mantine's case its connection to Remoraid was preestablished and relatively well-known.

Master_Tyrell

I know speculating new evolutions for older Pokémon is fun and all, but I see people suggesting methods of evolution that would've been possible before. A reason why new methods are introduced is to justify why they didn't happen before. Example, Piloswine couldn't evolve into Mamoswine (the same with Yanma into Yanmega) because they were not able to learn Ancientpower before Gen 4 happened (even though the move did exist before).

So, using the Eevee evolution using the low happiness as an example, that would be something that would've been possible before. Eevee is there, we are able to lower the happiness of Pokémon since gen 2 and we also had the night/day system in that same generation. That would mean that Eevee, if they made that evolution into a reality, should have been able to evolve since Generation 2.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
I know speculating new evolutions for older Pokémon is fun and all, but I see people suggesting methods of evolution that would've been possible before. A reason why new methods are introduced is to justify why they didn't happen before. Example, Piloswine couldn't evolve into Mamoswine (the same with Yanma into Yanmega) because they were not able to learn Ancientpower before Gen 4 happened (even though the move did exist before).

So, using the Eevee evolution using the low happiness as an example, that would be something that would've been possible before. Eevee is there, we are able to lower the happiness of Pokémon since gen 2 and we also had the night/day system in that same generation. That would mean that Eevee, if they made that evolution into a reality, should have been able to evolve since Generation 2.

Actually, Piloswine was able to learn Ancient Power since Gen II, just like Lickitung and Rollout, so it isn't entirely perfect, but it's true that old Pokémon getting new Evolutions have always required new methods of Evolution.

Master_Tyrell

Actually, Piloswine was able to learn Ancient Power since Gen II, just like Lickitung and Rollout, so it isn't entirely perfect, but it's true that old Pokémon getting new Evolutions have always required new methods of Evolution.

Oh yes, it was able to learn it via egg move. I had no idea, but I guess the excuse would be that it wasn't via level up? But no, they mostly implement new ways so they can justify it. So, for the Bug eeveelution I guess they could make a specific (new) Bug Pokémon as a requirement to be in the team. Maybe they make some Pokéball that is for Bug only (different from the Net Ball) and if you catch Eevee with that then it'll evolve.

The point of Eeveelutions is to show off new evolution methods, party influenced evolutions have been part of the game from Gen IV.

Master_Tyrell

The point of Eeveelutions is to show off new evolution methods, party influenced evolutions have been part of the game from Gen IV.

That is true, although being a new Pokémon previously not available would make it partially new. But, an evolution influenced by the Pokéball it was captured in has not happened yet, would be interesting to see.

Perhaps lower than a certain happiness/friendship, which is actually pretty easy to do (just give them herbal medicines to heal and they'll hate you in no time).

.Aerodactyl.

I'm hoping that now they have established the whole "alternate timeline/history/universe" thing in ORAS we can move to simplicity in this regard. I think the fan base can forgive them for not originally having that method available in previous gens even if it was possible. You could easily say "I heard in a far off place that piloswine don't evolve! Isn't that silly?" And blame the other universe. Specifically, I'd like the whole incense thing scrapped completely. Let Marill give birth to Azurill already, we understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.