• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
They don't really look that much like wolves imo.

Also if you want to get technical, we have many wolf Pokemon, like Furfrou, Stoutland, and even Granbull.

Nope those are Poodle (with a little Afghan hound), ShihTzu-Maltese-Terrier combo, and Bulldog, respectively.
If you want to get technical, there are dozens of canine breeds that can be compared to and matched to the respective canine Pokémon.

Nope those are Poodle (with a little Afghan hound), ShihTzu-Maltese-Terrier combo, and Bulldog, respectively.
If you want to get technical, there are dozens of canine breeds that can be compared to and matched to the respective canine Pokémon.

If you want to get technical, all of those are dogs (canis lupus familiaris), and therefore a subspecies of the grey wolf (canis lupus). I wasn't serious :p

But in all seriousness, I'd love a donkey Pokemon. Imagine how dumb it'll look :33,

esquilo09

Stoutland is actually a Yorkshire Terrier.

Stoutland is actually a Yorkshire Terrier.

Lillipup's a Yorkshire Terrier, Herdier is a large Scottish/Yorkshire Terrier Mix, and Stoutland is pretty much how BtT described it.

But now part of me wonders if Stoutland's English name comes from Stout and Scotland?

But back on topic, part of me wants a Caffeine or Cocoa Pokemon.

Pokemon Fan

Knuckle Trainer
Which is its English name. Its Japanese name contains a reference to a lion and no wolf, mane or otherwise. So is it a lion now?
Actually there is reason to suspect its appearance is based in part on Chinese guardian lion statues. Their stylized look includes long snouts and angular manes. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_guardian_lions (in particular there are a lot of similarities to the Qing era statue in the fourth picture of that article.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
If you want to get technical, all of those are dogs (canis lupus familiaris), and therefore a subspecies of the grey wolf (canis lupus). I wasn't serious :p

But back on topic, part of me wants a Caffeine or Cocoa Pokemon.,

Yes I know they're all subspecies, but in the case of the Genus Canis, species and subspecies become more loosely defined. While I agree that they all belong to that species, this is Pokémon and they should all be treated as different breeds rather than the same species unless specified in the game.

Fire/Grass CaffeinePokemon would be cool.

Fire/Grass CaffeinePokemon would be cool.

Only if it has an ability or move that gradually increases speed or endures the first hit, but after a few tirns it loses speed/goes last for a time.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Only if it has an ability or move that gradually increases speed or endures the first hit, but after a few tirns it loses speed/goes last for a time.

Actually, I was thinking that it has an ability to not require charging up for moves or recharge, but it loses HP from doing so. Kind of analogous to being hyperactive and unstoppable on coffee, but the acidity is still causing some disruption.
When it faints, its animation shows it frozen and frowning, representing the ultimate recoil when you crash.

Actually, I was thinking that it has an ability to not require charging up for moves or recharge, but it loses HP from doing so. Kind of analogous to being hyperactive and unstoppable on coffee, but the acidity is still causing some disruption.
When it faints, its animation shows it frozen and frowning, representing the ultimate recoil when you crash.

So it turns two-turn/recharge moves into recoil moves? That's... Actually shocking GameFreak hasn't introduced that yet, that's actually a pretty solid, balanced idea. But would it be a fixed amount akin to Life Orb recoil, or the same recoil system as recoil moves, as in X% of the move's damage?

Also, the fainting animation idea reminds me of how Sunny Cherrim gets dragged out of its euphoria in PBR when it faints.

raichu27

I'd like to see more non-water Ice Pokemon to be able to learn a powerful Water move like Surf or Aqua Tail. Most Water Pokemon can also learn Ice moves like Ice Beam.

Taodragon

Training Anaylst
Out of curiousity, what do you mean by 'meant to be a wolf'? I'm assuming you're refererring to a Grey Wolf?

If lore said Raiju had a wolf form, GF can just stretch it a little bit and make it any kind of wolf.

Also, Manectric.

Maned wolves aren't wolves actually, it's a different type of species.

Also, I never said that it was a Grey Wolf, I said it was meant to be a wolf, what wolf it exactly gets its design from was not a part of my point. Additionally, the Raiju form is supposed to be based off of is "a wolf wrapped in lightning", which fits the appearance of Manectric as its yellow fur is similar to electricity (and becomes a lightning bolt in Mega Evolution). So the mane is something that already comes from the Raiju, it didn't necessarily come from Maned wolves.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
So it turns two-turn/recharge moves into recoil moves? That's... Actually shocking GameFreak hasn't introduced that yet, that's actually a pretty solid, balanced idea. But would it be a fixed amount akin to Life Orb recoil, or the same recoil system as recoil moves, as in X% of the move's damage?

Also, the fainting animation idea reminds me of how Sunny Cherrim gets dragged out of its euphoria in PBR when it faints.

When I was thinking about the ability, I was worried about it being overpowered without the recoil. Really, it only gets Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, and Solarbeam as its main charge/recharge moves. Skull Bash and Bounce would be nice additions but moves like Frenzy Plant, Blast Burn, Sky Attack, and Phantom Force would be restricted because it's not a starter.

Obviously it still gets moves like Flare Blitz and Fire Blast, which don't add on recoil since they aren't charge moves.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
What about a grass/fire pokemon that looks like a hot air balloon/lantern? Its head would be a flower bud with a hole at the top where it can open and close it to release steam so it can float. The flower would be see through were you can see the flame and it would have a green body with some leaf wings that are of no use . when it evolves the flower bud will now be a dress that blooms into a flower where fire comes out of the flower so it can propell it self so it would have the ability levitate, the leaf wings would now act like its arms and it will grow vines as hair with a flower on top of its head. I'd like it to be female only.

Trainer Yusuf

VolcaniNO
What about a grass/fire pokemon that looks like a hot air balloon/lantern? Its head would be a flower bud with a hole at the top where it can open and close it to release steam so it can float. The flower would be see through were you can see the flame and it would have a green body with some leaf wings that are of no use . when it evolves the flower bud will now be a dress that blooms into a flower where fire comes out of the flower so it can propell it self so it would have the ability levitate, the leaf wings would now act like its arms and it will grow vines as hair with a flower on top of its head. I'd like it to be female only.

I like this a lot.

There is, however, a lot you can do with Fire/Grass. I don't know about other "oxymoronic" typings however, even the ones that are recently used(Stunfisk, for example).

Thepowaofhax

I think a Dark/Ghost with Fairy Block would kinda be too overpowering, imo. Dark/Ghost had no weaknesses prior to Gen. 6.
Just because it has no weaknesses does not make it OP. Otherwise, Elektross would be in Ubers.

Status
Not open for further replies.