• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

New Pokemon Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

piemaster924000

Finals make me cry
I have a couple ideas for cool object based Pokémon.

I was thinking a great Pokémon would be a clock Pokémon, Steel type, and later it could evolve into a sort of clock/hourglass and be steel ground type. I imagine it would be a slow Pokemon designed specifically for trick room- it could even have an ability like "Slow time" that auto-sets up a trick room in switching in (if it's not already set) kind of like droughtis a free sunny day.

I also think, similar to the Aegislash line, we could have like a possessed harp that could be ghost fairy and also have stance change.

Finally, my idea for a ghost/normal type would be like a possessed substitute doll...probably have something like magic bounce... And you'd just see this substitute doll with a ghostly shadow behind it :D could even start off as a pure ghost Pokémon that is kind of whispy and evolves once you teach it the move substitute and it uses it in battle for the first time.

I like these a lot, especially the harp. I think instead of stance change maybe it could get an ability that puts all pokemon on the battle field except for the harp to sleep for 1-2 turns but no one can switch out.

.Aerodactyl.

I like these a lot, especially the harp. I think instead of stance change maybe it could get an ability that puts all pokemon on the battle field except for the harp to sleep for 1-2 turns but no one can switch out.

That sounds really OP of an ability though.... Maybe something more like flame body where if you hit it with a physical move, you have a certain chance of falling asleep.

Master_Tyrell

I would like to see a Patagonian Cavy as the early normal-type. Would be interesting to see, maybe make it normal/fighting in the last stage to focus on it's strong back legs? It could learn kicking moves then.

.Aerodactyl.

I would like to see a Patagonian Cavy as the early normal-type. Would be interesting to see, maybe make it normal/fighting in the last stage to focus on it's strong back legs? It could learn kicking moves then.

I'd love that! I want to see some diversity in fighting types so they aren't mostly two legged. A quadraped like that would be great...

I also wouldn't mind a water/fighting Pokémon based on a betta fish! They are literally known as the fighting fish, no fists required. Bonus is, we don't have many water fighting types.

.Aerodactyl.

It could be a fragile pokemon

You'd have to nerf it's attack though...cause being fragile doesn't matter if all your enemies are asleep for 3-5 turns. That's more than enough time to clear the plate. Then you switch out and back in on the next enemy... I'm sorry, jus think it's too OP, especially if your opponent can't even switch out. You're essentially stuck watching your Pokemon get beat to death, over and over again.

Master_Tyrell

I'd love that! I want to see some diversity in fighting types so they aren't mostly two legged. A quadraped like that would be great...

I also wouldn't mind a water/fighting Pokémon based on a betta fish! They are literally known as the fighting fish, no fists required. Bonus is, we don't have many water fighting types.

Yeah, I would love to see diversity in the fighting type Pokémon. Being a primary kicker would be interesting, maybe even have it learn Blaze Kick and Mega Kick naturally, apart from Double Kick and such.

Ooh, a fighting type betta fish would certainly be unique! Maybe they could make a fighting type move unique to it to compensate, or have an ability that turns normal type moves into fighting types.

Luthor

Yeah, I would love to see diversity in the fighting type Pokémon. Being a primary kicker would be interesting, maybe even have it learn Blaze Kick and Mega Kick naturally, apart from Double Kick and such.

Ooh, a fighting type betta fish would certainly be unique! Maybe they could make a fighting type move unique to it to compensate, or have an ability that turns normal type moves into fighting types.

both a fighting type non legendary quadruped and fighting fish would be extremely cool

I'd also love to see a few more branched evolutions outside of the eeveelutions. Things like surskit getting an evolution where it keeps it's water/bug typing or a Graveler evolution that stays similar to it's grey rock like style.

Super Nerd 7997

Crazy Plant Guy
How do we not have a fully evolved Water/Bug by now? (Dang it Surskit, you had one job...) Maybe a giant isopod or a Japanese spider crab... I would very much like some more viable bug types.

I would love a Grass pseudo-legend. Maybe have it be very defensively built, and give it an ability that sets up Grassy Terrain or something when it enters the field? Or Harvest, Harvest is a really awesome ability but it's only available on three Pokemon right now (two evolved forms).

There's no reason we couldn't have two pseudo-legends as well, I mean Gen III managed it pretty well. Or pull a Volcarona and have another rare Pokemon bordering on pseudo-legend territory. Just... please, Gamefreak, put down the dragons...

While we're at it, can we stop with the generic cat Pokemon? At least make them interesting somehow.

Just spitballing, other things I'd like to see:

Ghost/Normal screams "fog" to me, like a non-poisonous Gastly.

I wish we had more awesome looking Fairy types, I mean if you look at the old folklore surrounding them they were not at all the cutesy little pixies portrayed in modern media. A Poison/Fairy old hag would be nice, maybe also a Ghost/Fairy Dullahan/headless horseman (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dullahan) would be neat (obviously it would have to be sanitized for kids, maybe it carries around a Pumpkaboo).

Fire/Grass combustible lemon Pokemon XD Always nickname "Cave Johnson".

A Fire/Water that isn't an event legendary

Electric/Psychic type with Levitate. They're both really cool types individually, and I could see this being a great special sweeper. Maybe it should be all glowy and neon.

A Rock/Poison stonefish Pokemon, because stonefish are terrifying.

Soleli

I hope we get more unique type combinations - The fact we don't have a Fire/Ice Pokemon annoys me. Even if they aren't that great offensively or defensively

Master_Tyrell

I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen this: http://www.smogon.com/articles/leaked-sun-moon

I'm going to say that it's fake because the mechanics for zygarde seem REALLY convoluted and contrived. BUT! Some of the concepts, like rope burn or thunderfeet, seem really cool. Just something to read to hold you off until tomorrow lol.

It seems to have been an April's Fools post. Someone mentioned that going to Smogon you can't find the article anymore.

I do agree that some concepts are very good, though. Love the Mega Delcatty.... the Pokémon is rather useless in stats so it would be fun to see a mega.

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
I'm sure I'm not the only one who has seen this: http://www.smogon.com/articles/leaked-sun-moon

I'm going to say that it's fake because the mechanics for zygarde seem REALLY convoluted and contrived. BUT! Some of the concepts, like rope burn or thunderfeet, seem really cool. Just something to read to hold you off until tomorrow lol.

It's fake. And is probably meant as an April Fool's joke.
If you visit the main page, the said article is not listed.

nel3

Crimson Dragon

too bad that its not real info. their plan for mega-Flygon is/was just perfect: a simple boost to the 2 attack variants and speed.

GDK

MAsuda confirmed the bird was a new pokemon.
Well we all figured it out by now but it's something.

mtie123

Johto's Hero
Tbf before everyone gets mad, the games nowadays are a worldwide release. Taking that into consideration does it really make sense to reveal brand new things on an obscure Japanese children show? Not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.